Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Cases
  • Fan
  • Cooling
  • Components
Last response: in Components
April 19, 2006 8:59:31 PM

Well im kinda new to the forums but i really need some advice on cooling my new rig. I just bought the Aspire X-Qpack, its a small case with one 120mm fan a not so noisy 420watt PSU.

ATM i just bought a HSF Zalman CNPS7000 for my CPU so its quite silent and a 7600gt that has noise from hell.

But ive been noticing that when the 7600gt stands quiet (when surfing the web) the next thing i hear is the case fan...

So anyone has suggestions for a good 120mm case fan for this rig? i intend to change the VGA cooler for another Zalman choice but i really want to get rid of that noisy 120mm fan.

Maybe in the future ill save up for a nice PSU that draws no noise too :D 

More about : 120mm fan suggestion

April 19, 2006 10:02:19 PM

You should get a fan controller to control the noise of your case fans. I got mine from Newegg to control 4 case fans I have in my Kandalf case.
April 19, 2006 11:06:54 PM

Quote:
You should get a fan controller to control the noise of your case fans. I got mine from Newegg to control 4 case fans I have in my Kandalf case.

i dont think the Qpack has room for any controllers
Related resources
April 20, 2006 2:34:39 AM

Well theres fan out there with a controller that can be installed on an expansion slot. Like the Silverstone that I have has a controller but I used another 5 and 1/4 controller for it though. Or he can he can do some mod and install it on the sides. :lol: 
April 20, 2006 4:21:40 AM

the fm121 mentioned is excellent, and coupled with a Zalman fanmate2 it can help quiet things down. I got one with my cpns7000-cu and didn't think to use it (since mobo has cool-and-quiet) until I built my media player, and I am using it to control the 80mm intake fan at the lowest setting - near silence... I just zip-tied it to my mobo header cable bundle so it didn't rattle around.
April 20, 2006 3:10:17 PM

Excellent im not using my fanmate 2 either, i think im gonna buy that fan, thanks for the heads up!
!