the pop-up window on startup :(

I am using windows 98se. At startup there is a microsoft networking titled
window. There is my name there(which i have used when I was registering) and
wants a password. I did not set up anything like this and I want to get rid
of this pop up window. I did not enter any password click ok and than I can
be able to use applications. My question is how can I get rid of this
window? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about window startup

    How to Prevent a Windows 95, Windows 98, or Windows Me Logon Prompt at Startup:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=152104
    --
    Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "mr right" <spam@yapmayin.com> wrote in message
    > I am using windows 98se. At startup there is a microsoft networking titled
    > window. There is my name there(which i have used when I was registering) and
    > wants a password. I did not set up anything like this and I want to get rid
    > of this pop up window. I did not enter any password click ok and than I can
    > be able to use applications. My question is how can I get rid of this
    > window? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Thanks a lot. It worked.
    > How to Prevent a Windows 95, Windows 98, or Windows Me Logon Prompt at
    Startup:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=152104
    > --
    > Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >

    > "mr right" <spam@yapmayin.com> wrote in message
    > > I am using windows 98se. At startup there is a microsoft networking
    titled
    > > window. There is my name there(which i have used when I was registering)
    and
    > > wants a password. I did not set up anything like this and I want to get
    rid
    > > of this pop up window. I did not enter any password click ok and than I
    can
    > > be able to use applications. My question is how can I get rid of this
    > > window? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    > >
    > > Thanks.

    Thanks. It worked.
    > How to Prevent a Windows 95, Windows 98, or Windows Me Logon Prompt at
    Startup:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=152104
    > --
    > Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >

    > "mr right" <spam@yapmayin.com> wrote in message
    > > I am using windows 98se. At startup there is a microsoft networking
    titled
    > > window. There is my name there(which i have used when I was registering)
    and
    > > wants a password. I did not set up anything like this and I want to get
    rid
    > > of this pop up window. I did not enter any password click ok and than I
    can
    > > be able to use applications. My question is how can I get rid of this
    > > window? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    > >
    > > Thanks.

    Glad to hear it.....twice. ;-)
    --

    > Thanks. It worked.
    > > How to Prevent a Windows 95, Windows 98, or Windows Me Logon Prompt at
    > Startup:
    > > --
    > > Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
    > > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    > >

    > > "mr right" <spam@yapmayin.com> wrote in message
    > > > I am using windows 98se. At startup there is a microsoft networking
    > titled
    > > > window. There is my name there(which i have used when I was registering)
    > and
    > > > wants a password. I did not set up anything like this and I want to get
    > rid
    > > > of this pop up window. I did not enter any password click ok and than I
    > can
    > > > be able to use applications. My question is how can I get rid of this
    > > > window? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks.

Networking Microsoft Windows 98SE Windows