excellent program

A little to do with flight. It's a damn dandy program. And it's free.
Download it and you'll see.
Hey, that rhymes.
;o)

http://earth.google.com

--
The contents of this email and any attachments are strictly confidential and
intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). If you

    Goran wrote:
    > A little to do with flight. It's a damn dandy program. And it's free.
    > Download it and you'll see.
    > Hey, that rhymes.
    > ;o)
    >
    > http://earth.google.com

    Our house is shown and it was built in 2000. Our neighbors was built in
    2002 and is there also. Our swimming pool was put in in 2003 and it
    isn't there. So the photos are a couple years old. But it's a trip to
    zoom in on my house. :)

    --

    boB,
    SAG 70

    U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

    Goran wrote:

    > A little to do with flight. It's a damn dandy program. And it's free.
    > Download it and you'll see.
    > Hey, that rhymes.
    > ;o)
    >
    > http://earth.google.com

    I typed in my sisters address in West Virginia, clicked "Fly To" and it
    did. What a trip.

    --

    boB,
    SAG 70

    U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

    I took a few minutes and took some snaps of my house. It gets darn near,
    I wonder what the secret satellite resolution can see.

    http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs37&d=05283&f=earth.jpg

    --

    boB,
    SAG 70

    U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

    Goran <G-Man> wrote:

    > A little to do with flight. It's a damn dandy program. And it's free.
    > Download it and you'll see.
    > Hey, that rhymes.

    I had seen this mentioned in the aviation newsgroup but as of last week
    Google had temporarily taken down the link, presumably due to the
    overwhelming response to the program.

    After seeing your post, I decided to take a break from work and d/l it.
    Absolutely incredible. In a way, it seems to use a similar technology as
    FS2004.

    --
    Peter

    Yeah I have been playing around with this for a little while now and
    just for fun lase week I was checking out the Eiffel Towen, Roman
    Colosseum, Mount Vesuvius, Etc.

    Nice Piece of Work

    Chris

    boB wrote:
    > Goran wrote:
    >
    >> A little to do with flight. It's a damn dandy program. And it's
    >> free. Download it and you'll see.
    >> Hey, that rhymes.
    >> ;o)
    >>
    >> http://earth.google.com
    >>

    > I typed in my sisters address in West Virginia, clicked "Fly To" and
    > it did. What a trip.

    It looks excellent so far, but I have not found any detailed sattelite
    photos yet? Am I expecting too much from the free version? The maps are
    great!

    --
    Cheers
    Quilljar

    Try 'Living With Technology' magazine
    http://www.livtech.co.uk

    boB <akita_77REMOVECAPS@yahoo.Xcom> wrote:

    > I took a few minutes and took some snaps of my house. It gets darn near,
    > I wonder what the secret satellite resolution can see.
    >
    > http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs37&d=05283&f=earth.jpg

    boB, you are too funny!

    Put the coffee on; I am coming over. :)

    --
    Peter

    Quilljar wrote:

    > boB wrote:
    >
    >>Goran wrote:
    >>

    >>>A little to do with flight. It's a damn dandy program. And it's
    >>>free. Download it and you'll see.
    >>>Hey, that rhymes.
    >>>;o)
    >>>
    >>>http://earth.google.com
    >>>

    >>I typed in my sisters address in West Virginia, clicked "Fly To" and
    >>it did. What a trip.
    >

    > It looks excellent so far, but I have not found any detailed sattelite
    > photos yet? Am I expecting too much from the free version? The maps are
    > great!

    When I moved to my sisters house it zoomed in right where it should but
    the level of detail there, in the middle of the town, was terrible. I
    guess me living in the country helped. Not many houses. But you can see
    my driveway and even the fence around the dog run.

    --

    boB,
    SAG 70

    U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

    Thanks for posting that Q. I can now zoom in on our NVG training area
    just south of Stuttgart. Reminds me of the old days. :(
    --

    boB,
    SAG 70

    U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

    Goran,
    I agree, this is a terrific program. I have been using this program for
    about 6-8 months (it used to be called Keyhole-before Google bought them).
    Actually, its a really nice addition to any kind of flight sim that a person
    has. I use it to fly cross country, or to check out approaches to airports.
    It also helps me as a RL pilot, in that I can check out x-country routes,
    terrain, and airport layouts while planning a flight. And besides, it is
    just darn fun!
    I also spend a lot of time just zooming over the Earth, looking at
    things. I have visited Area 51, Edwards AirForce base, the "boneyard" at
    Mothan-Davis AFB, Scaled Composites at Mojave airport, Mount Everest, Niagar
    falls, etc, etc, etc. And of course I have to find the house of every person
    that I know. It costs about $30 you subscribe for a year, but for me it is
    worth it just for the entertainment factor. Take care....

    Randy L.

    boB wrote:
    > I took a few minutes and took some snaps of my house. It gets darn
    > near, I wonder what the secret satellite resolution can see.

    I tried Google, but TerraServer still rules for civilian up close &
    personal!
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v674/ArkyTazman/CRaSH%20site/?action=view&current=crash1.jpg&slideshow=paused&interval=5

    Hit RESUME to start the slide show - or click on "back to photobucket album"
    to select the shots manually at FULL size (more better :)....

    Google's probably covers more territory, haven't played with it world wide
    yet.....

    Cheers'n Beers.. [_])
    Don

    Crash,
    Terra Server isn't bad, it's free, and it does cover a broader area than
    Google Earth does. But I love the things that Google Earth does, such as
    allow you to pan, rotate, and tilt the point of view. GE also wraps the
    satellite textures around elevation data to give you a 3D perspective of the
    area. I love using Google Earth to zoom into the Grand Canyon, then tilting
    the POV, and "fly" through the canyon.

    Randy L.

    "CRaSH" <sorry@aint-here.spam.com> wrote in message
    > boB wrote:
    >> I took a few minutes and took some snaps of my house. It gets darn
    >> near, I wonder what the secret satellite resolution can see.
    >>

    > I tried Google, but TerraServer still rules for civilian up close &
    > personal!
    > http://photobucket.com/albums/v674/ArkyTazman/CRaSH%20site/?action=view&current=crash1.jpg&slideshow=paused&interval=5
    >
    > Hit RESUME to start the slide show - or click on "back to photobucket
    > album"
    > to select the shots manually at FULL size (more better :)....
    >
    > Google's probably covers more territory, haven't played with it world wide
    > yet.....
    >
    > Cheers'n Beers.. [_])
    > Don

    I found my house

    that is so cool

    "boB" <akita_77REMOVECAPS@yahoo.Xcom> wrote in message
    > Goran wrote:
    >> A little to do with flight. It's a damn dandy program. And it's free.
    >> Download it and you'll see.
    >> Hey, that rhymes.
    >> ;o)
    >>
    >> http://earth.google.com
    >>

    > Our house is shown and it was built in 2000. Our neighbors was built in
    > 2002 and is there also. Our swimming pool was put in in 2003 and it isn't
    > there. So the photos are a couple years old. But it's a trip to zoom in
    > on my house. :)
    >
    > --
    >
    > boB,
    > SAG 70
    >
    > U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

    I found my daughters house in Surfers Australia but my area in New Zealand
    hasn't been covered and looks worse than a street directory

    Butts

    >I took a few minutes and took some snaps of my house. It gets darn near, I
    >wonder what the secret satellite resolution can see.
    >
    > http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs37&d=05283&f=earth.jpg
    >
    > --
    >
    > boB,
    > SAG 70
    >
    > U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

    From what I was told, they are still trying to get the whole map of the
    world updated slowly. Some areas are accurate with actual satellite photos
    whereas country areas and small towns and cities are left out with just
    topographical info.
    Now all you need is a map of the stars homes with their addresses and find
    where they live on here.
    I spent about 4 hours on this thing yesterday.
    Travelled all over the world.

    --
    "donbutts" <remove.donneybutts@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I found my daughters house in Surfers Australia but my area in New Zealand
    >hasn't been covered and looks worse than a street directory
    >
    > Butts
    >
    > "boB" <akita_77REMOVECAPS@yahoo.Xcom> wrote in message
    >>I took a few minutes and took some snaps of my house. It gets darn near, I
    >>wonder what the secret satellite resolution can see.
    >>
    >> http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs37&d=05283&f=earth.jpg
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> boB,
    >> SAG 70
    >>
    >> U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
    >> Central Texas - 5NM West of Gray Army Airfield (KGRK)

    Just zoomed into Washington DC and I think it's Captiol Hill or the White
    house is blurred out with all surrounding buildings in focus. looks like
    Bush doesnt want people spying on too much of Washington.

    --
    "Goran" <G-Man> wrote in message news:42d4feca$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au...
    > From what I was told, they are still trying to get the whole map of the
    > world updated slowly. Some areas are accurate with actual satellite
    > photos whereas country areas and small towns and cities are left out with
    > just topographical info.
    > Now all you need is a map of the stars homes with their addresses and find
    > where they live on here.
    > I spent about 4 hours on this thing yesterday.
    > Travelled all over the world.
    >

    > --
    > The contents of this email and any attachments are strictly confidential
    > and intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s).
    > If you are not the addressee(s) you are not authorised to and must not
    > disclose, copy, distribute, or retain this message without my authority.
    > "donbutts" <remove.donneybutts@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>I found my daughters house in Surfers Australia but my area in New Zealand
    >>hasn't been covered and looks worse than a street directory
    >>
    >> Butts
    >>
    >> "boB" <akita_77REMOVECAPS@yahoo.Xcom> wrote in message
    >>>I took a few minutes and took some snaps of my house. It gets darn near,
    >>>I wonder what the secret satellite resolution can see.
    >>>
    >>> http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs37&d=05283&f=earth.jpg
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>>
    >>> boB,
    >>> SAG 70
    >>>
    >>> U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
    >>> Central Texas - 5NM West of Gray Army Airfield (KGRK)

    Hi Goran,

    And it can even be used to see where NSW is going to have a lot of grief
    next year!! :-))))

    http://xs37.xs.to/pics/05283/StateofOrigin.jpg

    Being so close to the stadium, I'll be able to watch the game, grab a
    few barbed wires on the way home, and be savouring the replay, before you've
    even had time to get used to the shock of losing to us Queenslanders!!!

    Regards,
    John Ward
    "Goran" <G-Man> wrote in message news:42d495de$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au...
    >A little to do with flight. It's a damn dandy program. And it's free.
    >Download it and you'll see.
    > Hey, that rhymes.
    > ;o)
    >
    > http://earth.google.com
    >
    > --
    > The contents of this email and any attachments are strictly confidential
    > and intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s).
    > If you are not the addressee(s) you are not authorised to and must not
    > disclose, copy, distribute, or retain this message without my authority.

  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    And your point is??? :-))

    JW
    "donbutts" <remove.donneybutts@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I found my daughters house in Surfers Australia but my area in New Zealand
    >hasn't been covered and looks worse than a street directory
    >
    > Butts
    >
    > "boB" <akita_77REMOVECAPS@yahoo.Xcom> wrote in message
    >>I took a few minutes and took some snaps of my house. It gets darn near, I
    >>wonder what the secret satellite resolution can see.
    >>
    >> http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs37&d=05283&f=earth.jpg
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> boB,
    >> SAG 70
    >>
    >> U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
    >> Central Texas - 5NM West of Gray Army Airfield (KGRK)

  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    you know, I was waiting for you to make a post like that. Surprised me that
    you took so long though.
    :o)
    I seem to recall you being this optimistic before your last, what shall we
    call it, Slaughter. You know we're going to win again, John. It's the way
    of the universe.

    --
    "John ward" <johnrmward@opyusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    > Hi Goran,
    >
    > And it can even be used to see where NSW is going to have a lot of
    > grief next year!! :-))))
    >
    > http://xs37.xs.to/pics/05283/StateofOrigin.jpg
    >
    > Being so close to the stadium, I'll be able to watch the game, grab a
    > few barbed wires on the way home, and be savouring the replay, before
    > you've even had time to get used to the shock of losing to us
    > Queenslanders!!!
    >
    > Regards,
    > John Ward
    > "Goran" <G-Man> wrote in message news:42d495de$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au...
    >>A little to do with flight. It's a damn dandy program. And it's free.
    >>Download it and you'll see.
    >> Hey, that rhymes.
    >> ;o)
    >>
    >> http://earth.google.com
    >>
    >> --
    >> The contents of this email and any attachments are strictly confidential
    >> and intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s).
    >> If you are not the addressee(s) you are not authorised to and must not
    >> disclose, copy, distribute, or retain this message without my authority.

  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    356 days, and a few hours, to go!!

    JW
    "Goran" <G-Man> wrote in message news:42d5911f$2@dnews.tpgi.com.au...
    > you know, I was waiting for you to make a post like that. Surprised me
    > that you took so long though.
    > :o)
    > I seem to recall you being this optimistic before your last, what shall we
    > call it, Slaughter. You know we're going to win again, John. It's the
    > way of the universe.
    >

    > --
    > The contents of this email and any attachments are strictly confidential
    > and intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s).
    > If you are not the addressee(s) you are not authorised to and must not
    > disclose, copy, distribute, or retain this message without my authority.
    > "John ward" <johnrmward@opyusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    >> Hi Goran,
    >>
    >> And it can even be used to see where NSW is going to have a lot of
    >> grief next year!! :-))))
    >>
    >> http://xs37.xs.to/pics/05283/StateofOrigin.jpg
    >>
    >> Being so close to the stadium, I'll be able to watch the game, grab a
    >> few barbed wires on the way home, and be savouring the replay, before
    >> you've even had time to get used to the shock of losing to us
    >> Queenslanders!!!
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> John Ward
    >> "Goran" <G-Man> wrote in message news:42d495de$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au...
    >>>A little to do with flight. It's a damn dandy program. And it's free.
    >>>Download it and you'll see.
    >>> Hey, that rhymes.
    >>> ;o)
    >>>
    >>> http://earth.google.com
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> The contents of this email and any attachments are strictly confidential
    >>> and intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s).
    >>> If you are not the addressee(s) you are not authorised to and must not
    >>> disclose, copy, distribute, or retain this message without my authority.

  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Hi CRaSH,

    "...(more better :)...."

    Geeze, mate - I don't think Quilljar or David Wilson-Okamura are going
    to stand for that! :-)

    Regards,
    John Ward
    "CRaSH" <sorry@aint-here.spam.com> wrote in message
    > boB wrote:
    >> I took a few minutes and took some snaps of my house. It gets darn
    >> near, I wonder what the secret satellite resolution can see.
    >>

    > I tried Google, but TerraServer still rules for civilian up close &
    > personal!
    > http://photobucket.com/albums/v674/ArkyTazman/CRaSH%20site/?action=view&current=crash1.jpg&slideshow=paused&interval=5
    >
    > Hit RESUME to start the slide show - or click on "back to photobucket
    > album"
    > to select the shots manually at FULL size (more better :)....
    >
    > Google's probably covers more territory, haven't played with it world wide
    > yet.....
    >
    > Cheers'n Beers.. [_])
    > Don

  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Hi CRaSH,

    Wow - clear as a bell, very photo-realistic!

    I guess that's the maximum zoom?

    Regards,
    John Ward
    "CRaSH" <sorry@aint-here.spam.com> wrote in message
    > boB wrote:
    >> I took a few minutes and took some snaps of my house. It gets darn
    >> near, I wonder what the secret satellite resolution can see.
    >>

    > I tried Google, but TerraServer still rules for civilian up close &
    > personal!
    > http://photobucket.com/albums/v674/ArkyTazman/CRaSH%20site/?action=view&current=crash1.jpg&slideshow=paused&interval=5
    >
    > Hit RESUME to start the slide show - or click on "back to photobucket
    > album"
    > to select the shots manually at FULL size (more better :)....
    >
    > Google's probably covers more territory, haven't played with it world wide
    > yet.....
    >
    > Cheers'n Beers.. [_])
    > Don

  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    I found meigs field. Pre-deomlished and planes parked.

    --
    "Beech45Whiskey" <pjricc@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > boB <akita_77REMOVECAPS@yahoo.Xcom> wrote:
    >
    >> I took a few minutes and took some snaps of my house. It gets darn near,
    >> I wonder what the secret satellite resolution can see.
    >>
    >> http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs37&d=05283&f=earth.jpg
    >
    > boB, you are too funny!
    >
    > Put the coffee on; I am coming over. :)
    >
    > --
    > Peter

    > News==----
    > Newsgroups
    > =----
  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    CRaSH <sorry@aint-here.spam.com> wrote:

    > I tried Google, but TerraServer still rules for civilian up close &
    > personal!

    This definitely depends on the location into which one is zooming in Google
    Earth.

    GE does contain areas, such as that surrounding your house, that are low
    resolution images but they also contain and are continually adding more
    high resolution areas.

    Here is a high resolution image of the company, taken out of GE, for which
    I am currently consulting:

    http://home.twcny.rr.com/thericcs1/images/NE.jpg

    Additionally, at least with respect to the images surrounding the Northeast
    US, Google Earth's images are only one to a few years old. Terraserver's
    images are approximately ten to fifteen years old. This makes a
    difference.

    Another observation I had is that Google Earth purposely leaves many
    "sensitive" areas as low resolution. For example, the airport in which I
    fly out of IRL is also a US Air National Guard base that houses several
    F-16s.

    In GE, the area completely surrounding the airport is all high resolution,
    but the airport itself is low resolution, which makes the image about as
    useful as what you tried to zoom into over your house. Not all airports
    are low resolution, though, only the ones that have a military presence.

    Interestingly, GE went a step further with the US Capital. They completely
    blocked it out with a mosaic of pixels. Also, the roofs of surrounding
    buildings in the Washington area have all been colored in.

    --
    Peter

  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Beech45Whiskey wrote:
    > CRaSH <sorry@aint-here.spam.com> wrote:
    >

    > http://home.twcny.rr.com/thericcs1/images/NE.jpg

    Now that is impressive!! I'll have to play with GE somemore - I just tried
    locally first, then my old neighborhood in Kansas City (not far from int'l
    airport), and neither one was very good, although KC was a little better..
  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    CRaSH <sorry@aint-here.spam.com> wrote:

    > Now that is impressive!! I'll have to play with GE somemore - I just tried
    > locally first, then my old neighborhood in Kansas City (not far from int'l
    > airport), and neither one was very good, although KC was a little better..

    As you are zooming in but still out quite far, you can tell the high
    resolution areas from the low by the colors. Grey/brown blocks are areas
    of higher resolution and the most satisfying to zoom way in, whereas the
    green/blue areas are the areas of lower resolution, which produces a
    blocky, low detail image when zooming way in.

    --
    Peter

  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    ___| reply |__________________________________________________________

    Geeze, mate - I don't think Quilljar or David Wilson-Okamura are going
    to stand for that! :)

  28. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    This is a fascinating program, has anyone developed a way to merge it with
    FS?
    Denlow
    > Goran <G-Man> wrote:
    >
    >> A little to do with flight. It's a damn dandy program. And it's free.
    >> Download it and you'll see.
    >> Hey, that rhymes.
    >
    > I had seen this mentioned in the aviation newsgroup but as of last week
    > Google had temporarily taken down the link, presumably due to the
    > overwhelming response to the program.
    >
    > After seeing your post, I decided to take a break from work and d/l it.
    > Absolutely incredible. In a way, it seems to use a similar technology as
    > FS2004.
    >
    > --
    > Peter

    > News==----
    > Newsgroups
    > =----
  29. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "RandyL"
    > I agree, this is a terrific program. I have been using this program
    for
    > about 6-8 months (it used to be called Keyhole-before
    > that I know. It costs about $30 you subscribe for a year,

    So now I'm confused. I have the expired Keyhole demo on my computer and
    they still want $20 to reactivate it. Is Google Earth the same thing for
    free?

    Dallas
  30. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "David Wilson-Okamura"
    > corrected him for ending a sentence with a preposition.)

    A young Arkansas girl asked a saleslady at Neiman Marcus, "How long is that
    on sale for?"

    The Neiman Marcus saleslady replied, "Young lady, here at Neiman Marcus we
    do not end our sentences with prepositions."

    So the young Arkansas girl replied, "OK... how's this? How long is that on
    sale for, Bitch."

    Dallas
  31. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Dallas wrote:
    > "RandyL"
    >
    >> I agree, this is a terrific program. I have been using this program
    >
    > for
    >
    >>about 6-8 months (it used to be called Keyhole-before
    >>that I know. It costs about $30 you subscribe for a year,
    >

    > So now I'm confused. I have the expired Keyhole demo on my computer and
    > they still want $20 to reactivate it. Is Google Earth the same thing for
    > free?
    >
    > Dallas

    Not free! I uninstalled the Keyhole demo program. When I downloaded and
    installed GoogleEarth it read the expired keyhole program and wanted me
    to send money to use plus. I might do that anyway.

    Mike
  32. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "mike wheelock"
    > Not free! I uninstalled the Keyhole demo program. When I downloaded and
    > installed GoogleEarth it read the expired keyhole program and wanted me
    > to send money to use plus. I might do that anyway.

    Oh great! everybody else gets it for free but because we tried their demo
    we still have to pay?

    Dallas
  33. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Quite so! :-)

    JW
    "David Wilson-Okamura" <David Wilson-Okamura@forums.simradar.com> wrote in
    message news:1121371512.28189@forums.simradar.com...

    > ___| reply |__________________________________________________________
    >
    > Geeze, mate - I don't think Quilljar or David Wilson-Okamura are going
    > to stand for that! :)

  34. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Hi Varmit,

    Rip snorter, mate!!

    That's the trouble with these new multi-media keyboards - you can't get
    any of those waterproof skins to fit them, as they did the old standard
    keyboards. :-))

    Regards,
    John Ward

    > "David Wilson-Okamura"
    >> corrected him for ending a sentence with a preposition.)
    >
    > A young Arkansas girl asked a saleslady at Neiman Marcus, "How long is
    > that
    > on sale for?"
    >
    > The Neiman Marcus saleslady replied, "Young lady, here at Neiman Marcus we
    > do not end our sentences with prepositions."
    >
    > So the young Arkansas girl replied, "OK... how's this? How long is that on
    > sale for, Bitch."
    >

    > Dallas

  35. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Dale E.:

    > This is a fascinating program, has anyone developed a way to merge it with
    > FS?

    No "merge" but a "link" between Google Earth and Flight Simulator to
    show (and automatically follow) aircraft's current postion and
    surrounding AI traffic in Google Earth:

    http://www.elbiah.de/flusi/MyFsGoogleEarth/MyFsGoogleEarth.htm

    -jh-
  36. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    easy fix. just delete your registry entries of the program in question.
    Crisis over.

    --

    > "mike wheelock"
    >> Not free! I uninstalled the Keyhole demo program. When I downloaded and
    >> installed GoogleEarth it read the expired keyhole program and wanted me
    >> to send money to use plus. I might do that anyway.
    >
    > Oh great! everybody else gets it for free but because we tried their demo
    > we still have to pay?
    >
    > Dallas

  37. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Goran wrote:
    > easy fix. just delete your registry entries of the program in
    > question. Crisis over.

    I got a hunch the free part is going to last long enough to get everyone
    hooked, then.......... :)
  38. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "Goran"
    > easy fix. just delete your registry entries of the program in question.
    > Crisis over.

    I'll try that, but I can't believe their programmers would make it so easy
    to defeat the trial mode's security.

    Dallas
  39. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    CRaSH wrote:
    > Goran wrote:
    >
    >>easy fix. just delete your registry entries of the program in
    >>question. Crisis over.
    >>

    > I got a hunch the free part is going to last long enough to get everyone
    > hooked, then.......... :)

    So then we delete the registry files every 30 days or so:)
  40. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Dallas wrote:
    > "Goran"
    >
    >>easy fix. just delete your registry entries of the program in question.
    >>Crisis over.
    >

    > I'll try that, but I can't believe their programmers would make it so easy
    > to defeat the trial mode's security.
    >
    > Dallas

    I uninstalled Google Earth looked in registry to delete Keyhole,
    couldn't find it. I did find Google Earth Plus, I deleted that. I
    reinstalled Google Earth same problem.

    So I went back to the registry to start over. This time I saw a listing
    for Keyhole under Google. It pointed to a location, in my case,
    C:\Documents and settings/owner/application data/keyhole. I deleted
    that also. I reinstalled G E and same problem it detected an expired
    account.

    I will say though that the file I try to install is G E Plus. I
    couldn't get the other to download. They are both the same name.

    Mike
  41. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "mike wheelock"
    > So I went back to the registry to start over. This time I saw a listing
    > for Keyhole under Google. I reinstalled G E and same problem it
    > detected an expired account.

    Thanks for saving me the effort... Google obviously planted a well hidden
    marker somewhere on the hard drive that we can't find. I guess we could
    download some cracking tools to find it, but I don't have that much time in
    my life. :-)

    Or we could bug Google to upload a fix for the mistake. I wonder how they
    intend to handle all those customers who purchased Keyhole... I guess
    they'll prorate a refund? <G>

    Dallas
  42. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "mike wheelock"
    > reinstalled Google Earth same problem.

    Hey Mike, try this from Google support:

    If you are receiving an expired account message when attempting to log on to
    Google Earth Plus, this may be because an initial trial or subscription for
    Keyhole 2 LT has expired. Enter your user name, password and license key for
    your Keyhole 2 NV subscription and you should be able to login successfully
    for Google Earth Plus. If you are still encountering any login difficulties
    after entering this information, please verify that this login is correct
    through the following link:

    http://registration.keyhole.com/pw_find_nvidiaoem.html

    I'd try it but I haven't installed Google Earth yet.

    Dallas
  43. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    So I went back to the web site http://earth.google.com/index.html .
    The program will run free minus the extras. By paying $20 a year you
    get better graphics, GPS, and the ability to import spread sheets.

    When trying to see my sons house, the address wouldn't work but it would
    bring up the zip code. I tried the "fly too" put in SFO and it zoomed
    into the airport. When I zoomed out a little I could see hotels around.
  44. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Dallas wrote:
    > "mike wheelock"
    >
    >>reinstalled Google Earth same problem.
    >

    > Hey Mike, try this from Google support:
    >
    > If you are receiving an expired account message when attempting to log on to
    > Google Earth Plus, this may be because an initial trial or subscription for
    > Keyhole 2 LT has expired. Enter your user name, password and license key for
    > your Keyhole 2 NV subscription and you should be able to login successfully
    > for Google Earth Plus. If you are still encountering any login difficulties
    > after entering this information, please verify that this login is correct
    > through the following link:
    >
    > http://registration.keyhole.com/pw_find_nvidiaoem.html
    >
    > I'd try it but I haven't installed Google Earth yet.
    >
    > Dallas

    Thanks but I tried and since I just used the demo before I'd still need
    to buy a new subscription. I might do that still undecided.
  45. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    google earth is free and has unlimited use. No trial version.

    --
    "mike wheelock" <wheels2@twmi.rr.com> wrote in message
    > CRaSH wrote:
    >> Goran wrote:
    >>
    >>>easy fix. just delete your registry entries of the program in
    >>>question. Crisis over.
    >>>

    >> I got a hunch the free part is going to last long enough to get everyone
    >> hooked, then.......... :)
    > So then we delete the registry files every 30 days or so:)
  46. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "mike wheelock"
    > Thanks but I tried and since I just used the demo before I'd still need
    > to buy a new subscription. I might do that still undecided.

    Na.. as I read it, they want you to input your trial version user name,
    password and license key. However, I can't remember what the license key
    is. I emailed the question to support, I'll post what they say if I get an
    answer.

    Dallas
  47. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Hi mike wheelock,

    "....and the ability to import spread sheets...."

    I hope Gregory noticed that part of your post! :-))

    Regards,
    John Ward

    > So I went back to the web site http://earth.google.com/index.html .
    > The program will run free minus the extras. By paying $20 a year you get
    > better graphics, GPS, and the ability to import spread sheets.
    >
    > When trying to see my sons house, the address wouldn't work but it would
    > bring up the zip code. I tried the "fly too" put in SFO and it zoomed
    > into the airport. When I zoomed out a little I could see hotels around.
  48. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "Goran" <G-Man> wrote in message news:42d495de$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au...
    >A little to do with flight. It's a damn dandy program. And it's free.
    >Download it and you'll see.
    > Hey, that rhymes.
    > ;o)
    >
    > http://earth.google.com

    For some cool things you can do with Google Earth, see
    http://www.googleearthhacks.com.

    Wayne
  49. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Wayne Citrin <wcitrin@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > For some cool things you can do with Google Earth, see
    > http://www.googleearthhacks.com.

    Thanks for that! Good stuff.

    --
    Peter