Windows installer error code 1723

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

I have a machine with win98(2nd) and I am trying to install Symantec client
security v2.0 When i start the install it comes up with the following error
"Error-1723. There is a problem with this windows
installer package. A Dll required for this install
to complete could not be found"
I have tried reinstalling the windows installer but no luck.

Thanks for any help or ideas

-chris

"chris" <chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I have a machine with win98(2nd) and I am trying to install Symantec
client
> security v2.0 When i start the install it comes up with the following
error
> "Error-1723. There is a problem with this windows
> installer package. A Dll required for this install
> to complete could not be found"
> I have tried reinstalling the windows installer but no luck.

We may need to know which Win98 installer.
There was an upgrade 3 or 4 years ago.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

V2.0....the latest one off of microsoft

"Don Phillipson" wrote:

> "chris" <chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> > I have a machine with win98(2nd) and I am trying to install Symantec
> client
> > security v2.0 When i start the install it comes up with the following
> error
> > "Error-1723. There is a problem with this windows
> > installer package. A Dll required for this install
> > to complete could not be found"
> > I have tried reinstalling the windows installer but no luck.
>
> We may need to know which Win98 installer.
> There was an upgrade 3 or 4 years ago.
>
> --
> Don Phillipson
> Carlsbad Springs
> (Ottawa, Canada)

Download and run the DCom98.exe installation from the Download link on this page:
http://www.microsoft.com/com/dcom/dcom98/download.asp
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm