Windows installer error code 1723

I have a machine with win98(2nd) and I am trying to install Symantec client
security v2.0 When i start the install it comes up with the following error
"Error-1723. There is a problem with this windows
installer package. A Dll required for this install
to complete could not be found"
I have tried reinstalling the windows installer but no luck.

Thanks for any help or ideas

-chris
3 answers Last reply
More about windows installer error code 1723

    "chris" <chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > I have a machine with win98(2nd) and I am trying to install Symantec
    client
    > security v2.0 When i start the install it comes up with the following
    error
    > "Error-1723. There is a problem with this windows
    > installer package. A Dll required for this install
    > to complete could not be found"
    > I have tried reinstalling the windows installer but no luck.

    We may need to know which Win98 installer.
    There was an upgrade 3 or 4 years ago.

    --
    Don Phillipson
    Carlsbad Springs

    V2.0....the latest one off of microsoft

    "Don Phillipson" wrote:

    > "chris" <chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >
    > > I have a machine with win98(2nd) and I am trying to install Symantec
    > client
    > > security v2.0 When i start the install it comes up with the following
    > error
    > > "Error-1723. There is a problem with this windows
    > > installer package. A Dll required for this install
    > > to complete could not be found"
    > > I have tried reinstalling the windows installer but no luck.
    >
    > We may need to know which Win98 installer.
    > There was an upgrade 3 or 4 years ago.
    >
    > --
    > Don Phillipson
    > Carlsbad Springs
    > (Ottawa, Canada)

    Download and run the DCom98.exe installation from the Download link on this page:
    http://www.microsoft.com/com/dcom/dcom98/download.asp
    --
    Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "chris" <chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have a machine with win98(2nd) and I am trying to install Symantec client
    > security v2.0 When i start the install it comes up with the following error
    > "Error-1723. There is a problem with this windows
    > installer package. A Dll required for this install
    > to complete could not be found"
    > I have tried reinstalling the windows installer but no luck.
    >
    > Thanks for any help or ideas
    >
    > -chris

Windows Installer Microsoft Windows