Trying to fix shutdown freeze - 98SE?

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
Share
February 28, 2005 4:29:00 PM

I've been trying valiantly to resolve the Shutdown screen freeze issue using
every trick Google can tell me. Now I'm reading about The Patch which I've
just downloaded, and the page said something about how to tell if you've got
98SE or just 98 by referencing the build number.

My diagnostics tells me I've got Win98SE, but the build number is 4.10.2222,
which is supposed to be plain 98??!? Can someone straighten this out for
me, please? Do I need some updates, a full reinstall, shoot this thing,
etc.?

Ed
Anonymous
February 28, 2005 6:51:16 PM

"Ed" <ed_millis@NO_SPAM.yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I've been trying valiantly to resolve the Shutdown screen freeze issue
> using every trick Google can tell me. Now I'm reading about The Patch
> which I've just downloaded, and the page said something about how to tell
> if you've got 98SE or just 98 by referencing the build number.
>
> My diagnostics tells me I've got Win98SE, but the build number is
> 4.10.2222, which is supposed to be plain 98??!? Can someone straighten
> this out for me, please? Do I need some updates, a full reinstall, shoot
> this thing, etc.?
>
> Ed

4.10.2222 is W98SE

You can find all the answer to shutdown problems in one place:
http://aumha.org/win4/a/shutdown.htm

Rick
!