HP-Photosmart1100 - Colour cartridge failed

I own a HP-Photosmart printer, with colourC6578. To check the Number I took
the cartridge out, and then replaced it.

The printer now flashes Colour Cartridge Failed. Replace cartridge. Several
tries at carefully clipping the cartridge back in place have not resolved
the problem. Any ideas on what could be wrong? Can the cartridge be saved?
Could there be a contact problem.

Your ideas will be welcomed.

Thanx - Soeren - Denmark

"Søren Larsen" <bcc13340a@post.cybercity.dk> wrote in message
>I own a HP-Photosmart printer, with colourC6578. To check the Number I took
> the cartridge out, and then replaced it.
>
> The printer now flashes Colour Cartridge Failed. Replace cartridge. Several
> tries at carefully clipping the cartridge back in place have not resolved
> the problem.

Try cleaning the contacts as shown at the following:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=bpa02060

Regards,

Thanks, I tried all the tricks on page indicated - but to NO AVAIL.

How the hell (excuse language) can a cartridge "die" merely by taking it
out and puttting it back? I treated the cartride with the utmost respect.

Is there really nothing else that I can do?

Regards

Soren - Denmark