Windows Update After June 2006?

After June 2006, when Microsoft doesn't do the Windows Update for
Win98, I wonder if there will be an alternative way to
update Win98. Does anyone know? Or am I SOL?

Thanks,
Beth
4 answers Last reply
More about windows update june 2006

    "Elizabeth" <bethvollbach@earthlink.deletethis.net> wrote in message
    > After June 2006, when Microsoft doesn't do the Windows Update for
    > Win98, I wonder if there will be an alternative way to
    > update Win98. Does anyone know? Or am I SOL?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Beth

    hopefully this page will still be active

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows98/downloads/

    The update site will be around until at least 2007 and probably longer.
    However, Microsoft will not release updates after 30 June 2006 unless the
    time frame changes, my Classics idea is accepted, 9x source code goes open
    source or a miracle happens. Beth, you need to be aware that it will no
    longer be safe to connect to the net with 98, 98SE and ME after 30 June 2006
    unless the dead is extended again. In the meantime, I am sure you have much
    bigger worries and concerns on your mind and I would focus on these if I were
    you. (GodSpeed)

    "Elizabeth" <bethvollbach@earthlink.deletethis.net> wrote in message
    : After June 2006, when Microsoft doesn't do the Windows Update for
    : Win98, I wonder if there will be an alternative way to
    : update Win98. Does anyone know? Or am I SOL?
    :
    : Thanks,
    : Beth

    What will happen after Jun-06 is anybody's guess, Elizabeth. Personally, I
    would get ready for SOL'dom.
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (Shell, IE/OE) & Security

    Elizabeth wrote:
    > After June 2006, when Microsoft doesn't do the Windows Update for
    > Win98, I wonder if there will be an alternative way to
    > update Win98. Does anyone know? Or am I SOL?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Beth

    SOL'dom (Are you implying no support, Bear <?>) Bear, I still have your
    e-mail and sorry I have not sent a reply because I have been kind of busy but
    I plan to reply so I wanted you to know that I am not ignoring you. <:-?>

    : What will happen after Jun-06 is anybody's guess, Elizabeth. Personally, I
    : would get ready for SOL'dom.
    : --
    : Elizabeth wrote:
    : > After June 2006, when Microsoft doesn't do the Windows Update for
    : > Win98, I wonder if there will be an alternative way to
    : > update Win98. Does anyone know? Or am I SOL?
    : >
    : > Thanks,
    : > Beth
    :