parkpointer

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2002
I have a 1998 Dell xps-r series pc, maxed out with 3-128mb sticks. I upgraded the cpu from a PII of 400mHz to a PIII of 1.4GHz. I upgraded the sound card from a Turtle Beach Montego to a 24-bit Creative Audigy. Then I upped the harddrive from a 5200 rpm - 9GB to a 7200 - 160GB with a pci SATA card. Most recent change was out with the old 4.8x cd/dvd/rom and in with a newer 16x cd/dvd/rom unit.
The video card is still oem. Very small and slow 8mb STB nVidia, using a controller card for dvd support. I have an new ATI 9200 AIW card that I'd like to install. There is also a connection to a fax/modem.
I really don't know how to go about getting the pc ready for the new card, new drivers, and software support for the dvd. I want to pull the oem video card, the oem dvd controller card and install the new video card and install software support for the cd/dvd rom.
The pc uses a SE440BX motherboard with 4 pci slots. Right now they are full: a sound card, a fax-modem, a controller card for the dvd, and the pci Sata card.
I would like help with the steps necessary to redo the video card and dvd support. All other changes were made with forum helpers. Thanks!!:)

vulefu

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
Install your ati card in AGP slot.

Get newest catalyst drivers,get off your nvidia,put ati card in agp(at the same place), power your pc and instal drivers.