How do i read my email on windows 7

carlz

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
I've signed up on windows 7 essentials "livemail" - set up my email accounts from my XP (hate win7, love XP) but even though I sign in, can't find my "inbox" -- pain in the butt -- could read everything in outlook express with just one click!

Detaill

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
I just removed Windows live from Win 7 because I almost always checked mail from the browser. When I did use it I had to enter my password twice , once to login and again to allow new massages to download. When Windows live opened it would open to my inbox even before I entered the password . Is your mail working properly when you log in from your internet browser ?

On the left hand side, there is a list of your accounts. Under each account name, there are your folders... Inbox, Outbox, Sent Items, etc. Your predisposed dislike of Windows 7 is clouding your judgement. Everything is where it's supposed to be... you're just not accustomed to the look of WLM.

Also, there are many alternatives to Windows Live Mail. If you have Office, you can use Outlook. There is also Thunderbird, Incredimail, etc... your by no means obligated to use WLM. If your mail provider or ISP supports it, you could also do as Detaill suggests and access your mail through your web browser. Windows is Windows... it's not drastically different... it's all cosmetics.