folder views

bullwinkle

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2004

I'm temping at an office at a Windows 98 computer, which is why I don't
know the answer to this question -- as basic as it is. I want to be
able to view a file tree, like the old Windows Explorer, but I can't
find the option anywhere. It's a simple click of a button on XP, but
seems well hidden in 98.

"Bullwinkle" <Bullwinkle@FrostbiteFalls.net> wrote in message
> I'm temping at an office at a Windows 98 computer, which is why I don't
> know the answer to this question -- as basic as it is. I want to be
> able to view a file tree, like the old Windows Explorer, but I can't
> find the option anywhere. It's a simple click of a button on XP, but
> seems well hidden in 98.

Right-click on the Start button
Choose Explore
Click on View on the Menu Bar
Hover on the Explorer Bar option
When the sub-menu opens, click Folders

bullwinkle

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2004

Hugh Candlin wrote:
> "Bullwinkle" <Bullwinkle@FrostbiteFalls.net> wrote in message
>
>>I'm temping at an office at a Windows 98 computer, which is why I don't
>>know the answer to this question -- as basic as it is. I want to be
>>able to view a file tree, like the old Windows Explorer, but I can't
>>find the option anywhere. It's a simple click of a button on XP, but
>>seems well hidden in 98.
>

> Right-click on the Start button
> Choose Explore
> Click on View on the Menu Bar