PCI slots on Mobo not working - please help

stubar

Distinguished
May 26, 2004
hello

i am new^_^

Last night my PCI slots decided to stop working, but there is power going to them as I can plug in a rear-exhaust fan and it powers it ok and also my PCI sound cards' LED lights up but doesn not function and windows cannot recognise install drivers for this device. I also have a 4 USB PCI card which does not send power to any USB device that I plug into it. Fortunately the onboard sound is ok on my mobo, and the USB devices are not important to use. But I have a mobo atm with a AGP gfx card and zero usable PCI slots.

My gut tells me that the mobo is broken. This is worst case scenario i know but I think there is a major problem.

Does anyone have any ideas that I can do to try to get my PCI slots working again - either software or hardware? any help would be warmly welcomed. thanks in advance.

Mobo is Asus P4C800-E Deluxe

Pain

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2004
You can try going into device manager, and under system devices delete all the PCI related listings. Reboot and let the machine reinstall them. Or, first just look to see if any of the devices have a yellow exclamation icon beside them, indicating they are not functioning. Either way, delete them and reboot and see if it starts working again.