Dennis doesn't do Dallas

Well Dennis didn't get me and I'm baaaack.

Dennis did blow 24 kts which made for some frisky survival sailing the first
couple of days. Here's the beer break on day 3:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/Dallas52/Abacos/Abacos18BakersBeach.jpg

Looks rough doesn't it? :-)

Dallas
20 answers Last reply
More about dennis doesn dallas

    Dallas wrote:
    > Looks rough doesn't it? :-)

    Well, it's a damn dirty job (especially if ya get sand in your Schlitz), but
    someone's got to do it!! <G>

    On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 19:12:59 GMT, Dallas wrote:

    > Well Dennis didn't get me and I'm baaaack.

    Sailed right between the waves, eh?

    > Dennis did blow 24 kts which made for some frisky survival sailing the first
    > couple of days. Here's the beer break on day 3:
    >
    > http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/Dallas52/Abacos/Abacos18BakersBeach.jpg
    >
    > Looks rough doesn't it? :-)

    Oh yeah. It's hell on earth alright.
    You poor POOR guy!!

    Good to have back, Cap'n Crunch! :-)

    --

    Marcel (SAG-21)
    (It's good to be the king! - Mel Brooks)

    Dallas wrote:
    > Here's another photo I rather like of the east side of Great Guana
    > Cay at a very cool restaurant named "Nippers"
    >
    > http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/Dallas52/Abacos/Abacos23nippers2.jpg

    Jeez, I've heard about "hair of the dog" and all that, but you're really
    looking a little down in that one...

    hehehehe - kidding, it's really a nice composition!! Isn't it neat how
    those scenes just grab you by an eyeball??
    Reminded me of this one from Key West
    www.cox-internet.com/tazman/P0000149.JPG

    Cheers'n Beerz..... [_])
    Don

    Hi Varmit,

    Strewth, mate - how the hell did you manage to survive?? :-))

    Sheer willpower, and strength of character, I suppose?

    Regards,
    John ward
    > Well Dennis didn't get me and I'm baaaack.
    >
    > Dennis did blow 24 kts which made for some frisky survival sailing the
    > first
    > couple of days. Here's the beer break on day 3:
    >
    > http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/Dallas52/Abacos/Abacos18BakersBeach.jpg
    >
    > Looks rough doesn't it? :-)
    >
    > Dallas

    Geez, you guys don't know what a wind is til you come to Canada. Winds like
    Dennis are passed in every local eatery here. I, for one, was not worried
    about the Varmit......it's not like he was in Kansas : )

    Arthur

    "John ward" <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    > Hi Varmit,
    >
    > Strewth, mate - how the hell did you manage to survive?? :-))
    >
    > Sheer willpower, and strength of character, I suppose?
    >
    > Regards,
    > John ward
    > "Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote in message
    >> Well Dennis didn't get me and I'm baaaack.
    >>
    >> Dennis did blow 24 kts which made for some frisky survival sailing the
    >> first
    >> couple of days. Here's the beer break on day 3:
    >>
    >> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/Dallas52/Abacos/Abacos18BakersBeach.jpg
    >>
    >> Looks rough doesn't it? :-)
    >>
    >> Dallas

    "John ward"
    > Strewth, mate - how the hell did you manage to survive?? :-))

    It was tough mate! Every night we had to survive on fresh Grouper and
    Glenfiddich single malt whiskey. Someday they'll make a movie about the
    ordeal.

    Glad to see ya back!

    Dallas

    On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 17:12:57 -0400, Arthur wrote:

    > Geez, you guys don't know what a wind is til you come to Canada. Winds like
    > Dennis are passed in every local eatery here. I, for one, was not worried
    > about the Varmit......it's not like he was in Kansas : )

    Arturo....speaking of interior winds. :-)
    This was sent to us in Febuary of this year. By Dallas no less!

    Frank and the Chili Contest-

    "Recently I was honored to be selected as an Outstanding Famous Celebrity
    in Texas, to be a judge at a chili cook-off because no one else wanted to
    do it. Also the original person called in sick at the last moment and I
    happened to be standing there at the judge's table asking directions to the
    beer wagon when the call came. I was assured by the other two judges that
    the chili wouldn't be all that spicy, and besides they told me I could have
    free beer during the tasting, so I accepted this as being one of those
    burdens you endure when you're an internet writer and therefore known and
    adored by all."

    Here are the scorecards from the event:

    * Chili # 1: Mike's Maniac Mobster Monster Chili

    JUDGE ONE: A little too heavy on tomato. Amusing kick.

    JUDGE TWO: Nice, smooth tomato flavor Very mild.

    FRANK: Holy smokes, what is this stuff? You could remove dried paint from
    your driveway with it. Took me two beers to put the flames out. Hope
    that's the worst one. These people are crazy.

    * Chili # 2: Arthur's Afterburner Chili

    JUDGE ONE: Smoky (barbecue?) with a hint of pork. Slight Jalapeno tang.

    JUDGE TWO: Exciting BBQ flavor, needs more peppers to be taken seriously.

    FRANK: Keep this out of reach of children! I'm not sure what I am supposed
    to taste besides pain. I had to wave off two people who wanted to give me
    the Heimlich maneuver. Shoved my way to the front of the beer line. The
    barmaid looks like a professional wrestler after a bad night. She was so
    irritated over my gagging sounds that the snake tattoo under her eye
    started to twitch. She has arms like Popeye and a face like Winston
    Churchill. I will NOT pick a fight with her.

    * Chili # 3: Fred's Famous Burn Down the Barn Chili

    JUDGE ONE: Excellent firehouse chili! Great kick. Needs more beans.

    JUDGE TWO: A beanless chili, a bit salty, good use of red peppers.

    FRANK: This has got to be a joke. Call the EPA, I've located a uranium
    spill. My nose feels like I have been sneezing Drano. Everyone knows the
    routine by now and got out of my way so I could make it to the beer wagon.
    Barmaid pounded me on the back; now my backbone is in the front part of my
    chest. She said her friends call her "Sally." Probably behind her back
    they call her "Forklift."

    * Chili # 4: Bubba's Black Magic

    JUDGE ONE: Black bean chili with almost no spice. Disappointing.

    JUDGE TWO: Hint of lime in the black beans. Good side dish for fish or
    other mild foods, not much of a chili.

    FRANK: I felt something scraping across my tongue but was unable to taste
    it. Sally was standing behind me with fresh refills so I wouldn't have to
    dash over to see her. When she winked at me her snake sort of coiled and
    uncoiled ... it's kinda cute.

    * Chili # 5: Linda's Legal Lip Remover

    JUDGE ONE: Meaty, strong chili. Cayenne peppers freshly ground adding
    considerable kick. Very impressive.

    JUDGE TWO: Chili using shredded beef; could use more tomato. Must admit
    the cayenne peppers make a strong statement.

    FRANK: My ears are ringing and I can no longer focus my eyes. I belched
    and four people in front of me needed paramedics. The contestant seemed
    hurt when I told her that her chili had given me brain damage. Sally saved
    my tongue by pouring beer directly on it from a pitcher. Sort of irritates
    me that one of the other judges asked me to stop screaming.

    * Chili # 6: Vera's Very Vegetarian Variety

    JUDGE ONE: Thin yet bold vegetarian variety chili. Good balance of spice
    and peppers.

    JUDGE TWO: The best yet. Aggressive use of peppers, onions, and garlic.
    Superb.swirl

    FRANK: My intestines are now a straight pipe filled with gaseous flames.
    No one seems inclined to stand behind me except Sally. I asked if she
    wants to go dancing later.

    * Chili # 7: Susan's Screaming Sensation Chili

    JUDGE ONE: A mediocre chili with too much reliance on canned peppers.

    JUDGE TWO: Ho Hum, tastes as if the chef threw in canned chili peppers at
    the last moment. I should note that I am worried about Judge Number 3, he
    appears to be in a bit of distress.

    FRANK: You could put a hand grenade in my mouth and pull the pin and I
    wouldn't feel it. I've lost the sight in one eye and the world sounds like
    it is made of rushing water. My clothes are covered with chili which slid
    unnoticed out of my mouth at some point. Good, at autopsy they'll know what
    killed me. Go Sally, save yourself before it's too late.
    Tell our children I'm sorry I was not there to conceive them. I've decided
    to stop breathing, it's too painful and I'm not getting any oxygen anyway.
    If I need air I'll just let it in through the hole in my stomach. Call the
    X-Files people and tell them I've found a super nova on my tongue.

    Chili # 8: Helen's Mount Saint Chili

    JUDGE ONE: A perfect ending, this is a nice blend chili, safe for all, not
    too bold but spicy enough to declare its existence.

    JUDGE TWO: This final entry is a good, balanced chili, neither mild nor
    hot. Sorry to see that most of it was lost when Judge Number 3 fell and
    pulled the chili pot on top of himself.

    --

    Marcel (SAG-21)
    (I'm quite beside myself...- C3PO)

    "Arthur"
    > I, for one, was not worried
    > about the Varmit......it's not like he was in Kansas : )

    And the good news is that didn't see a single Bahamian irrigation hose
    snake.

    :-P

    Dallas

    Hi CRaSH,

    I wonder how long the Varmit will stick around this time, before he goes
    on his next holiday?

    Tough life, huh! :-)

    Regards,
    John Ward

    Quilljar wrote:

    > Cool? It looks positively frozen! Where are the people?

    There's at least seven on the beach and two or three on the boat (?), how
    crowded do you want it??
    Unless Varmit has a really hairy back, don't forget the dog in the bar -
    boy, I hate it when someone steps on my hand leaving a bar like that.....
    <G>

    "Arthur"
    > Nice pic, Varmint......did you take it?

    Yeah, I've seen Quilljar's and your albums... damn good stuff!

    It will be a week or so for my real shots on the 35mm to come in, I'm one of
    the last guys to still shoot film.

    > Take about 10,000 of those kind and
    > I'd be happy to peruse your albums.

    Funny you should mention that, I currently have 9380 slides and I took 252
    on this trip... so I'm almost there.

    Dallas

    "Quilljar"
    > Cool? It looks positively frozen! Where are the people?

    They're behind me yelling, "Would you put down that stupid camera? Come eat
    your lunch!"

    Dallas

    > "Arthur"
    >> Nice pic, Varmint......did you take it?
    >
    > Yeah, I've seen Quilljar's and your albums... damn good stuff!

    Well, thank you kindly, suh! Quilly and I are most happy to know someone's
    lookin' at em.

    > Funny you should mention that, I currently have 9380 slides and I took 252
    > on this trip... so I'm almost there.
    >
    > Dallas

    Will be sittin' on needles and pins til they're displayed, amigo. : )

    Arthur

    "CRaSH"
    > Reminded me of this one from Key West
    > www.cox-internet.com/tazman/P0000149.JPG

    Strewth mate! (a Wardism) I can see why...

    Funny how those colors look so much better in the tropics.

    Dallas

    Hi Varmit,

    I suppose this means you're in line for some sort of medal?

    Or, perhaps you need to take another holiday, so you can recuperate? :-)

    Regards,
    John Ward

    On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 18:45:06 -0400, Arthur wrote:

    > Well, thank you kindly, suh! Quilly and I are most happy to know someone's
    > lookin' at em.

    Are you kidding?
    I've seen your albums front to back and I'm most impressed with your
    skills. Both you and Quilly obviously take great pride in photography.

    --

    Marcel (SAG-21)
    (There's no such thing as a natural-born pilot. - Chuck Yeager)

    Can I buy you a Molson Canadian beer, Marcel? How about a case : ) : )

    Arthur

    "Marcel Kuijper" <zoepetier_nothing_here@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 18:45:06 -0400, Arthur wrote:
    >
    >> Well, thank you kindly, suh! Quilly and I are most happy to know
    >> someone's
    >> lookin' at em.
    >
    > Are you kidding?
    > I've seen your albums front to back and I'm most impressed with your
    > skills. Both you and Quilly obviously take great pride in photography.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Marcel (SAG-21)
    > (There's no such thing as a natural-born pilot. - Chuck Yeager)
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 14:27:20 -0400, Arthur wrote:

    > Can I buy you a Molson Canadian beer, Marcel? How about a case : ) : )

    Cool a couple in your fridge and we'll drink em up together some day. :-)

    --

    Marcel (SAG-21)
    (Any landing you walk away from wasn't one of Melissa's! <g>)

    >>> Well, thank you kindly, suh! Quilly and I are most happy to know
    >>> someone's
    >>> lookin' at em.
    >>
    >> Are you kidding?
    >> I've seen your albums front to back and I'm most impressed with your
    >> skills. Both you and Quilly obviously take great pride in
    >> photography.

    Very kind of you Arthur, I must say, but I don't put my best ones on the
    web. People would have to pay for those. I simply cannot give away my 'art'
    for free you understand?

    --
    Cheers
    Quilly

    Try 'Living With Technology' magazine
    http://www.livtech.co.uk
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Actually, it was Marcel who offered you the best compliment here.

    I put ALL my pictures on the web. I feel it's the least I can do to
    contribute to the happiness and education of others who might enjoy and
    learn from them. Frankly, I'm not sure I could sell any of my pictures to
    anyone here (in my home town). This place is flooded with artsy talent and
    although I consider my photos to be better than average, I consider them
    unsaleable. That's my opinion, anyway.

    As for you selling your work, Quilly, more power to you. It is very good
    stuff. By the way, I received info that Webshots is going to begin a forum
    on their site within the next six months so we can chat about our pics
    online as well as exchange pleasantries. Definitely a step in the right
    direction, methinks.

    Arthur

    (SNIP)

    > Very kind of you Arthur, I must say, but I don't put my best ones on the
    > web. People would have to pay for those. I simply cannot give away my
    > 'art' for free you understand?
    >
    > --
    > Cheers
    > Quilly