ActiveX warnings! Grrrrr!!!!

Ok, I have ActiveX practically disabled on my machine (Win98FE). When
I go to sites that use ActiveX, like www.blair.com, every time I
change pages it get this damn annoying pop-up that says:

<quote>

An ActiveX control on this page is not safe.
Your current security settings prohibit running unsafe controls on
this page. As a result, this page may not display as intended.

</quote>

I am soooooo sick of hitting the OK button every time a new page
loads. How the heck do I stop this madness??? And enabling ActiveX is
NOT an option. If I have ActiveX disabled, why does it continue to
warn me?? Arrrrggghhh!!!! HELP, please!

--
The Seabat

Working with Internet Explorer 6 Security Settings
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/security/settings.asp

Setting Up Security Zones
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/security/setup.asp
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (Shell, IE/OE) & Security

seabat wrote:
> Ok, I have ActiveX practically disabled on my machine (Win98FE). When
> I go to sites that use ActiveX, like www.blair.com, every time I
> change pages it get this damn annoying pop-up that says:
>
> <quote>
>
> An ActiveX control on this page is not safe.
> Your current security settings prohibit running unsafe controls on
> this page. As a result, this page may not display as intended.
>
> </quote>
>
> I am soooooo sick of hitting the OK button every time a new page
> loads. How the heck do I stop this madness??? And enabling ActiveX is
> NOT an option. If I have ActiveX disabled, why does it continue to
> warn me?? Arrrrggghhh!!!! HELP, please!

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 18:48:07 -0600, seabat <seabat@boardermail.com> wrote:

>Ok, I have ActiveX practically disabled on my machine (Win98FE). When
>I go to sites that use ActiveX, like www.blair.com, every time I
>change pages it get this damn annoying pop-up that says:
>
><quote>
>
>An ActiveX control on this page is not safe.
>Your current security settings prohibit running unsafe controls on
>this page. As a result, this page may not display as intended.
>
></quote>
>
>I am soooooo sick of hitting the OK button every time a new page
>loads. How the heck do I stop this madness??? And enabling ActiveX is
>NOT an option. If I have ActiveX disabled, why does it continue to
>warn me?? Arrrrggghhh!!!! HELP, please!

Reclaim Your Browser!
http://www.getfirefox.com

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thanks again, Robear for your help to my identity theft issue that you
replied to my via e-mail. Microsoft sent me an e-mail via my other account
and I will call them for service. Thanks again and have a great day.

:
: Setting Up Security Zones
: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/security/setup.asp
: --
: seabat wrote:
: > Ok, I have ActiveX practically disabled on my machine (Win98FE). When
: > I go to sites that use ActiveX, like www.blair.com, every time I
: > change pages it get this damn annoying pop-up that says:
: >
: > <quote>
: >