Do you have to get a usb pci card that is the same as your..

Sorry, if off topic.

Do you have to get a usb 2.0 pci card that is the same as your
chipset? Will any usb 2.0 pci card work?

I getting a system that either has windows 98se with 1.0 or 1.1 on the
machine.

Greg R

"Greg R" <webworm12@yes.hotmail.com> wrote in message
| Sorry, if off topic.
|
| Do you have to get a usb 2.0 pci card that is the same as your
| chipset? Will any usb 2.0 pci card work?
|
| I getting a system that either has windows 98se with 1.0 or 1.1 on the
| machine.
|

| Greg R

No. Just get a COTS PCI USB v2.0 card.
Realize that you will require a minimum of Win98SE.

--
Dave

Greg R <webworm12@yes.hotmail.com> wrote in

> Sorry, if off topic.
>
> Do you have to get a usb 2.0 pci card that is the same as your
> chipset? Will any usb 2.0 pci card work?
>
> I getting a system that either has windows 98se with 1.0 or 1.1 on the
> machine.
>

> Greg R

No. Any card will do. But make sure that the card comes with 98SE drivers.

No, but be careful what chipset you get on the card. I have had bad luck personally
with USB 2.0 cards using an ALi chipset. have a llok here for some discussion and
suggestions:
http://www.usbman.com/Guides/Upgrade%20Card%20Manufacturers.htm

http://www.usbman.com/Guides/Upgrade%20Card%20Manufacturers.htm#List
--