Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro - HELP

Last response: in Video Games
a b \ Driver
July 15, 2005 2:28:57 AM

I bought a sidewinder force feedback pro joystick and ran it OK with FS 2000
under Windows 98

Now I have upgraded to XP on a new PC and the drivers won't load or install
(V 3.0).

I can't locate XP drivers on the Microsoft website.

Does anyone know how I can get this joystick working under XP ...please

Thank you in anticipation
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
July 15, 2005 12:50:39 PM

boB wrote:
> Ralph White wrote:
>

>> Entered "sidewinder force feedback pro with Windows XP" in Google-
>> Search Web and damned if you can't find what you want by learning how
>> to use a search engine
> Damn Ralph. Will you teach us?

Read my sig...

Cheers
Quilljar

Try 'Living With Technology' magazine; the last two issues contained several
long and first class articles on how to use Google.

http://www.livtech.co.uk
July 15, 2005 1:02:43 PM

Very good Quilljar,

Dont think pushbutton stated if joystick was USB or gameport connection.
When I bought a new pc a few years ago with XP I couldn't get my old joypad
to work which had a gameport connector. I remember doing searches and
having to set up the port in device manager and change some settings but it
never seemed to work so I had to go and buy a new USB one.

Chris

news:D b7tcu$np9$1@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
> boB wrote:
>> Ralph White wrote:
>>

>>> Entered "sidewinder force feedback pro with Windows XP" in Google-
>>> Search Web and damned if you can't find what you want by learning how
>>> to use a search engine
>> Damn Ralph. Will you teach us?
>

> Read my sig...
>
> Cheers
> Quilljar
>

> Try 'Living With Technology' magazine; the last two issues contained
> several long and first class articles on how to use Google.
>
> http://www.livtech.co.uk

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
July 15, 2005 2:06:52 PM

Chris wrote:
> Very good Quilljar,
>
> Dont think pushbutton stated if joystick was USB or gameport
> connection. When I bought a new pc a few years ago with XP I couldn't
> get my old joypad to work which had a gameport connector. I remember
> doing searches and having to set up the port in device manager and
> change some settings but it never seemed to work so I had to go and
> buy a new USB one.
> Chris
>
> "Quilljar" <wykehill-flightsim@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:D b7tcu$np9$1@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
>> boB wrote:

>>> Damn Ralph. Will you teach us?
>>

>> Read my sig...
>>
>> Cheers
>> Quilljar
>>

>> Try 'Living With Technology' magazine; the last two issues contained
>> several long and first class articles on how to use Google.
>>
>> http://www.livtech.co.uk

Yes, sorry I should have added that. I still have an oild gamepeort
Sidewinder which I cannot get to work with either XP or ME. I had to buy a
new FF stick from MS which is USB connected and it works fine. Modern life
with built in obsolescence is hell :-(

--

!