Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro - HELP

I bought a sidewinder force feedback pro joystick and ran it OK with FS 2000
under Windows 98

Now I have upgraded to XP on a new PC and the drivers won't load or install
(V 3.0).

I can't locate XP drivers on the Microsoft website.

Does anyone know how I can get this joystick working under XP ...please

Thank you in anticipation
3 answers Last reply
More about sidewinder force feedback help

    boB wrote:
    > Ralph White wrote:
    >

    >> Entered "sidewinder force feedback pro with Windows XP" in Google-
    >> Search Web and damned if you can't find what you want by learning how
    >> to use a search engine
    > Damn Ralph. Will you teach us?

    Read my sig...

    Cheers
    Quilljar

    Try 'Living With Technology' magazine; the last two issues contained several
    long and first class articles on how to use Google.

    http://www.livtech.co.uk

    Very good Quilljar,

    Dont think pushbutton stated if joystick was USB or gameport connection.
    When I bought a new pc a few years ago with XP I couldn't get my old joypad
    to work which had a gameport connector. I remember doing searches and
    having to set up the port in device manager and change some settings but it
    never seemed to work so I had to go and buy a new USB one.

    Chris

    Chris wrote:
    > Very good Quilljar,
    >
    > Dont think pushbutton stated if joystick was USB or gameport
    > connection. When I bought a new pc a few years ago with XP I couldn't
    > get my old joypad to work which had a gameport connector. I remember
    > doing searches and having to set up the port in device manager and
    > change some settings but it never seemed to work so I had to go and
    > buy a new USB one.
    > Chris
    >
    > "Quilljar" <wykehill-flightsim@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> boB wrote:

    >>> Damn Ralph. Will you teach us?
    >>

    >> Read my sig...
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >> Quilljar
    >>

    >> Try 'Living With Technology' magazine; the last two issues contained
    >> several long and first class articles on how to use Google.
    >>
    >> http://www.livtech.co.uk

    Yes, sorry I should have added that. I still have an oild gamepeort
    Sidewinder which I cannot get to work with either XP or ME. I had to buy a
    new FF stick from MS which is USB connected and it works fine. Modern life
    with built in obsolescence is hell :-(

    --
    Cheers
    Quilljar

    Try 'Living With Technology' magazine
    http://www.livtech.co.uk

Joystick Microsoft Drivers Windows XP Video Games