SD vs SDIO with Ipaq 1940

a b 8 Security
October 23, 2004 6:53:13 PM

More about : sdio ipaq 1940

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
October 24, 2004 2:06:44 AM

The Subject wrote:

> I am considering getting a WI-FI card for my Ipaq 1940. However I see
> SDIO and SD cards. What, if any is the difference?

Any wifi card is going to require an SDIO slot, which you have, so you don't
need to worry. Older machines with a non-SDIO SD slot can basically only use
SD memory cards, not network cards.

Tony
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
October 24, 2004 2:06:45 AM

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 22:06:44 GMT, "Tony A." <you.dont@need.to.know>
wrote:

> Older machines with a non-SDIO SD slot can basically only use
>SD memory cards, not network cards.
Like my ancient Dell Axim x5.

a b 8 Security
October 24, 2004 3:01:28 PM

Amy Gray wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 22:06:44 GMT, "Tony A." <you.dont@need.to.know>
> wrote:
>
>> Older machines with a non-SDIO SD slot can basically only use
>> SD memory cards, not network cards.
>
> Like my ancient Dell Axim x5.

Do I detect sarcasm? A 2002 machine is practically prehistoric ;-).

Tony
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
October 24, 2004 6:25:25 PM

In article <cYLed.268$lv.197@newsfe1-win.ntli.net>,
you.dont@need.to.know says...
> Amy Gray wrote:
> > On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 22:06:44 GMT, "Tony A." <you.dont@need.to.know>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Older machines with a non-SDIO SD slot can basically only use
> >> SD memory cards, not network cards.
> >
> > Like my ancient Dell Axim x5.
> >
> Do I detect sarcasm? A 2002 machine is practically prehistoric ;-).
>
> Tony

My Casio EM500 is loosing all it's fur--this century is just so much
warmer than the ice age :-)
--
Jud
Dallas TX USA

Ahh, but your ancient X5 has a CF slot for which you can get a GPS, Camera,
wired NIC, Modem, Barcode Scanner, Serial Card, several VGA out cards, fm
tuner, TV tuner, 4G Microdrive, PC card adapter, etc. Some of those aren't
even avialable for SDIO, and many not at a reasonable price. You also have
one of the best standard batteries around. If you want to complain about
the X5, do it because of size, processor speed, not lack of SDIO.

"Amy Gray" <JudgeAmyGrayNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 22:06:44 GMT, "Tony A." <you.dont@need.to.know>
> wrote:
>
> > Older machines with a non-SDIO SD slot can basically only use
> >SD memory cards, not network cards.
> Like my ancient Dell Axim x5.

News==----
Newsgroups