fireforge

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2002
Amd athlon water cooled rig.Cpu and north bridge is water cooled in integrated koolance case.Temps range from 25 to 36 full load. Procesor is a 3200+ Athlon 64 with 1 meg cash. Mobo is an asus a8n-sli delux.I gig of ram 400 gig hd. Power suply is a 425w. Got 1 serial,1 paralel,8 usb,1 firewire,1 game,2 lan ports. The mobo is sli 2 16/8 pci-x slots 2 1x pci-x,3 pci 2.0,4 ddr slots dual chenel 2 avail,8 sata 4 3.0 mbs 2 ide/4 ide devices,1 floppy conector. Cd/dvd dual layer 16x/48x writer.1 floppy drive.Video card is 440 gforce mx just to get you going

He is asking 400 for the system. I know the graphics card sucks but I think as a whole the system is worth the 400 dollars. what do you guys think?

Its got super Talent memory and seagate hard drive

I emailed him asking him what the memory speed is and harddrive I dont know what 2.5 speed meomry is.

The memory speed is 2.5 the hard drive i think 8 or 9 ms.The best I can do is 425 take it or leave it. And I live near chicago so if you cant pick it up in person were waisting our time

mesarectifier

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
I'm assuming that the GF4MX is internal, you can't get a GF4 for PCI-e.

Do you know the guy you're buying from? Sounds like a good deal, but check out all the water cooling system before you buy, it could be a total dog - in which case it could take out your whole system.

Ian

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2004
That isn't possible, a Asus A8n-SLi does not have integrated video. Make's you wonder about the rest. Might be a PCI Geforce, not sure if they ever made those... definately find that out though, because it can't be PCI ex, and the mobo doesn't have AGP.

fireforge

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2002
im assuming its just regular pci card I asked him why it has such a horrible graphics card he said he used it for stock annalaysis program.

mesarectifier

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
I wouldn't reccommend assume anything when it comes to a) PCs b) anything worth that much cash. It sounds like a pretty good deal, but I'd be pretty skeptical when he says he used a water cooled system for 'stock analysis'.

Ian

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2004
Okay then, stay wary. When did nVidia stop providing integrated GPUs?

ASUS hasn't stopped making integrated GPUs, they just don't put them in their flagship models. The A8N SLi is for gaming, and they know no gamer is going to need or want a built in GPU. However they have some models like the A8V MV which have a Geforce 6150 integrated.

bluntside

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
Stay warry, he might just gip you off.
Perhaps the rig has certain issues, like a damaged mobo, damager cpu for OC'ing things like that, My advice would to be, noe matter how good the system sounds, not to mention the price, you are not getting it from a trusten comany and or you didnt build it yourself hence you dont know what he has in that case, My advice, dont take it.
Shine him off :twisted:

gambit6259

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
Does AMD even make an Athlon 64 3200+ with a 1 meg cash? the only one I have seen is for socket 754, and that motherboard is a socket 939 that you have listed. The whole thing sounds sketchy, I wouldnt buy it.

Ian

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2004
gambit6259 wrote:
Does AMD even make an Athlon 64 3200+ with a 1 meg cash?

Yeah I don't think they do, the lowest CPU in the 939 series to have 1 mb l2 cache is the 3700+ I believe.

sandmannight

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
Amd athlon water cooled rig.Cpu and north bridge is water cooled in integrated koolance case.Temps range from 25 to 36 full load. Procesor is a 3200+ Athlon 64 with 1 meg cash. Mobo is an asus a8n-sli delux.I gig of ram 400 gig hd. Power suply is a 425w. Got 1 serial,1 paralel,8 usb,1 firewire,1 game,2 lan ports. The mobo is sli 2 16/8 pci-x slots 2 1x pci-x,3 pci 2.0,4 ddr slots dual chenel 2 avail,8 sata 4 3.0 mbs 2 ide/4 ide devices,1 floppy conector. Cd/dvd dual layer 16x/48x writer.1 floppy drive.Video card is 440 gforce mx just to get you going

He is asking 400 for the system. I know the graphics card sucks but I think as a whole the system is worth the 400 dollars. what do you guys think?

I thought a 3200 had 512 cache?

Its got super Talent memory and seagate hard drive

I emailed him asking him what the memory speed is and harddrive I dont know what 2.5 speed meomry is.

The memory speed is 2.5 the hard drive i think 8 or 9 ms.The best I can do is 425 take it or leave it. And I live near chicago so if you cant pick it up in person were waisting our time

It's possible he just made a mistake on the cache size listing...

I personally find 3200+ a little too slow for a potential gaming rig today, but, it might be worth investigating, although why the doofus would buy an SLI board and then stuff in a PCI graphics card is sure puzzing! (perhaps he has a 74 gb Raptor in it!)

THE PSU is a little on the smallish side for a potential SLI system...

Already, you might need a new PSU, a new cpu, and certainly a new GPU...

Come to think of it....I'd pass unless I knew the guy and trusted him, or unless it already has a 7800GT or Raptor and an XFi Fatality combo in it!

bweir

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
I'd avoid this one bro. Sounds a little...um...shady. The whole GFX card thing and watercooling on a 3200 does ring a little suspicious. You can do better through Dell with a warranty, I hate to say.

-Feller-

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
That isn't possible, a Asus A8n-SLi does not have integrated video. Make's you wonder about the rest.

On board video kind of defeats the purpose of spending $170 on a SLI mb. IMO

shadowduck

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
That isn't possible, a Asus A8n-SLi does not have integrated video. Make's you wonder about the rest.

They didn't, but a SLI board is not going to have onboard video with it. Biostar sells several mirco ATX boards with Geforce 6100 onboard, but thats about it nowadays. Video cards are so cheap I think nvidia figured out onboard is not worth it when most users perfer a video card anyway.

sojrner

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
right! they made one w/ a meg cache, and the 440 mx comes in pci flavor so that is the only way it could have a true 440 mx. (incidentally newegg shows pci as the only option for that 440 chip...)

Overall if he has to lie about "stock analysis" as the primary use then I would suspect it as bad.

It looks to me like it was his main gaming rig and then either:

A. had problems w/ the mobo or cooling unit. (or both!)

B. upgraded the mobo.

Either way he took out his sli setup and put it into a new system and bought the cheapest pci card he could find to try to sell it.

My $ is on problem A. above. If he just upgraded he would have kept the water cooling setup if it was good.

If you price the components out it sounds really good... unless it is problem A... then it isn't worth $50, especially if something is fried.

run away... run far away.