Browser Problem?

Hi,
I have a problem, I don't believe it is very difficult to solve. I began
to have problems opening windows while surfing online and I troubleshooted
and I realized that my mshtml.dll file was either corrupted or damaged. So
with my WIN98SE copy I extracted the mshtml file. It worked, but it somehow
reset my connection to Google, Yahoo and when I try to search my browser does
not work. I have tried reissuing the mshtml.dll file through START, RUN.
Nothing. So I downloaded Mozilla/Firefox browser and i am able to utilize the
net. How to I fix my original issue

Thanks, Romero
7 answers Last reply
More about browser problem

    "Romero; romrbb@aol.com" <Romeroromrbbaolcom@discussions.microsoft.com>
    wrote in message news:34029900-BB9E-4430-BE53-F01C30B7F929@microsoft.com...

    > I have a problem, I don't believe it is very difficult to solve. I began
    > to have problems opening windows while surfing online and I troubleshooted
    > and I realized that my mshtml.dll file was either corrupted or damaged. So
    > with my WIN98SE copy I extracted the mshtml file. It worked, but it
    somehow
    > reset my connection to Google, Yahoo and when I try to search my browser
    does
    > not work. I have tried reissuing the mshtml.dll file through START, RUN.
    > Nothing. So I downloaded Mozilla/Firefox browser and i am able to utilize
    the
    > net. How to I fix my original issue

    Firefox's running OK suggeste you
    probably need either to repair or reinstal IE.
    Perhaps two DLLs became corrupted and
    Win98 reports only the first.

    --
    Don Phillipson
    Carlsbad Springs

    Reinstall Internet Explorer.

    "Romero; romrbb@aol.com" <Romeroromrbbaolcom@discussions.microsoft.com>
    wrote in message news:34029900-BB9E-4430-BE53-F01C30B7F929@microsoft.com...
    > Hi,
    > I have a problem, I don't believe it is very difficult to solve. I began
    > to have problems opening windows while surfing online and I troubleshooted
    > and I realized that my mshtml.dll file was either corrupted or damaged. So
    > with my WIN98SE copy I extracted the mshtml file. It worked, but it
    > somehow
    > reset my connection to Google, Yahoo and when I try to search my browser
    > does
    > not work. I have tried reissuing the mshtml.dll file through START, RUN.
    > Nothing. So I downloaded Mozilla/Firefox browser and i am able to utilize
    > the
    > net. How to I fix my original issue
    >
    > Thanks, Romero

    I tried to reinstall IE, still did not work. Sorry, it wasn't my intention to
    post any messages for private respond :)

    Click "Start", "Run", type "msinfo32" and click "OK". When the utility starts,
    click "Tools", then "Internet Explorer Repair tool". Then select "Repair
    Internet Explorer" and click "OK".

    Ben

    "Romero; romrbb@aol.com" <Romeroromrbbaolcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34029900-BB9E-4430-BE53-F01C30B7F929@microsoft.com...
    > Hi,
    > I have a problem, I don't believe it is very difficult to solve. I began
    > to have problems opening windows while surfing online and I troubleshooted
    > and I realized that my mshtml.dll file was either corrupted or damaged. So
    > with my WIN98SE copy I extracted the mshtml file. It worked, but it somehow
    > reset my connection to Google, Yahoo and when I try to search my browser does
    > not work. I have tried reissuing the mshtml.dll file through START, RUN.
    > Nothing. So I downloaded Mozilla/Firefox browser and i am able to utilize the
    > net. How to I fix my original issue
    >
    > Thanks, Romero

    Hi,
    When I try to Run msinfo32 I get the following message C:\Program
    Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MSINFO\MSINFO32.EXE A device attached to
    the system in not functioning.

    "Ben Myers" wrote:

    > Click "Start", "Run", type "msinfo32" and click "OK". When the utility starts,
    > click "Tools", then "Internet Explorer Repair tool". Then select "Repair
    > Internet Explorer" and click "OK".
    >
    > Ben
    >
    > "Romero; romrbb@aol.com" <Romeroromrbbaolcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34029900-BB9E-4430-BE53-F01C30B7F929@microsoft.com...
    > > Hi,
    > > I have a problem, I don't believe it is very difficult to solve. I began
    > > to have problems opening windows while surfing online and I troubleshooted
    > > and I realized that my mshtml.dll file was either corrupted or damaged. So
    > > with my WIN98SE copy I extracted the mshtml file. It worked, but it somehow
    > > reset my connection to Google, Yahoo and when I try to search my browser does
    > > not work. I have tried reissuing the mshtml.dll file through START, RUN.
    > > Nothing. So I downloaded Mozilla/Firefox browser and i am able to utilize the
    > > net. How to I fix my original issue
    > >
    > > Thanks, Romero

    Copy and paste one of the following into the "Run" box. Note
    that one is for Internet Explorer 5 and 5.5 and the other is for
    Internet Explorer 6.

    RUNDLL32 SETUPWBV.DLL,IE5Maintenance

    RUNDLL32 SETUPWBV.DLL,IE6Maintenance

    Ben

    "Romero; romrbb@aol.com" <Romeroromrbbaolcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:900088B4-75AA-42C2-9612-A1464A2B6332@microsoft.com...
    > Hi,
    > When I try to Run msinfo32 I get the following message C:\Program
    > Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MSINFO\MSINFO32.EXE A device attached to
    > the system in not functioning.
    > "Ben Myers" wrote:
    >
    > > Click "Start", "Run", type "msinfo32" and click "OK". When the utility starts,
    > > click "Tools", then "Internet Explorer Repair tool". Then select "Repair
    > > Internet Explorer" and click "OK".
    > >
    > > Ben
    > >
    > > "Romero; romrbb@aol.com" <Romeroromrbbaolcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34029900-BB9E-4430-BE53-F01C30B7F929@microsoft.com...
    > > > Hi,
    > > > I have a problem, I don't believe it is very difficult to solve. I began
    > > > to have problems opening windows while surfing online and I troubleshooted
    > > > and I realized that my mshtml.dll file was either corrupted or damaged. So
    > > > with my WIN98SE copy I extracted the mshtml file. It worked, but it somehow
    > > > reset my connection to Google, Yahoo and when I try to search my browser does
    > > > not work. I have tried reissuing the mshtml.dll file through START, RUN.
    > > > Nothing. So I downloaded Mozilla/Firefox browser and i am able to utilize the
    > > > net. How to I fix my original issue
    > > >
    > > > Thanks, Romero

Browsers Windows