LNP Wireless to Voip possible?

Should I be able to port my current wireless phone #(T-mobile) to a
Voip account? I have read wireless to wireless and wireline to
wireless, but cannot find any info either way on wireless to Voip.

Any definitive info is appreciated.

RC

Technically yes, since you're not really porting it to VoIP, you're porting
it from your wireless provider to a VoIP provider that is acting as a
gateway to the PSTN. The issue is will the VoIP provider do it? They are
usually pretty lean operations and don't offer any "special" services. Heck,
with the right billing structure a single person could run a VoIP provider
for tens of thousands of users.

"RC" <no-spam@not-real.com> writes:

>The issue is will the VoIP provider do it? They are
>usually pretty lean operations and don't offer any "special" services.

The "consumer" services (VoicePulse, BroadVoice, Vonage, ...) all
seem to be chomping at the bit to port numbers.

I recently read an interesting article that I'm not finding now.
It was about why *not* to port your old number to a VoIP provider.
One of the points it made was that they are not required to allow
you to move it again (unless it's a toll-free number). That
surprised me.

--kyler