Upgrade To XP

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
March 6, 2005 11:02:31 PM

I am thinking of upgrading my operating system from Windows 98SE to Windows
XP. I would appreciate getting as much opinions as possible .
Solomon

More about : upgrade

Anonymous
March 6, 2005 11:02:32 PM

Where have you been? Just check out this newsgroup. You musta missed
the boat.

Solkeys wrote:
> I am thinking of upgrading my operating system from Windows 98SE to
Windows
> XP. I would appreciate getting as much opinions as possible .
> Solomon
Anonymous
March 6, 2005 11:26:25 PM

That's a very un-answerable question when you put it that way.

Why are you thinking about upgrading?
What do you expect to gain - or lose - with the upgrade?
Is your computer powerful enough to handle Windows XP?
Is the hardware in your system going to be supported by XP drivers?

"Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:o wz4ZFrIFHA.1396@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>I am thinking of upgrading my operating system from Windows 98SE to Windows
> XP. I would appreciate getting as much opinions as possible .
> Solomon

March 6, 2005 11:26:26 PM

And actually, for starters, there is a very recent thread in here on this
very subject, titled "should I upgrade my win98 pc".

Richard G. Harper wrote:
> That's a very un-answerable question when you put it that way.
>
> Why are you thinking about upgrading?
> What do you expect to gain - or lose - with the upgrade?
> Is your computer powerful enough to handle Windows XP?
> Is the hardware in your system going to be supported by XP drivers?

> * for the benefit of all. Private mail is usually not replied to.
> * My website, such as it is ... http://rgharper.mvps.org/
>

> "Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:o wz4ZFrIFHA.1396@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> I am thinking of upgrading my operating system from Windows 98SE to
Windows
>> XP. I would appreciate getting as much opinions as possible .
>> Solomon
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 1:07:57 AM

And for that matter, the recognized expert (Jim Eshelman) provides the
following:

http://aumha.org/a/whichwin.php

"Bill in Co." <someone@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:o Xepy2rIFHA.572@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> And actually, for starters, there is a very recent thread in here on this
> very subject, titled "should I upgrade my win98 pc".
>
> Richard G. Harper wrote:
>> That's a very un-answerable question when you put it that way.
>>
>> Why are you thinking about upgrading?
>> What do you expect to gain - or lose - with the upgrade?
>> Is your computer powerful enough to handle Windows XP?
>> Is the hardware in your system going to be supported by XP drivers?
>>
>> --
>> * for the benefit of all. Private mail is usually not replied to.
>> * My website, such as it is ... http://rgharper.mvps.org/
>>

>> "Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> news:o wz4ZFrIFHA.1396@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>>> I am thinking of upgrading my operating system from Windows 98SE to
> Windows
>>> XP. I would appreciate getting as much opinions as possible .
>>> Solomon

March 7, 2005 4:26:11 AM

You must consider that by upgrading to XP you will be targetted more since
you have the latest Microsoft operating system. Why do you want to upgrade?
What does XP give you that 98SE cannot give you? If you must upgrade then
consider a dual-boot and if XP is not for you then you have learned your
lesson well. <s>

"Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:o wz4ZFrIFHA.1396@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
: I am thinking of upgrading my operating system from Windows 98SE to Windows
: XP. I would appreciate getting as much opinions as possible .
: Solomon
:
:
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 2:12:42 PM

On 3/7/05 6:32 AM India Time, _Solkeys_ wrote:

> I am thinking of upgrading my operating system from Windows 98SE to Windows
> XP. I would appreciate getting as much opinions as possible .
> Solomon

Don't upgrade.

Make your system dual boot. Retain win98SE wherever it is.
Also install xp to some other drive.

Work in both till you become comfortable with xp. Then
delete 98SE

--
Rawat
Anonymous

Richard G. Harper wrote:
> And for that matter, the recognized expert (Jim Eshelman) provides the
> following:
>
> http://aumha.org/a/whichwin.php

LOL! Ex-spurt checking in! ;)  Thanks, Richard. That page may actually still
be useful... I haven't updated it in a while, but it certainly reflects my
thinking as of the date on it.

If you decide the upgrade, the *real* (IMHO) expert on the issue of *how* to
go about it - MS-MVP Gary Woodruff - has two outstanding articles on the
subject. (Though they are mostly targetted at individual Windows users, I
just learned that a few large corporations may be using Gary's articles as
their basic instruction for migrating the whole company to Win XP.)

Upgrading to Windows XP
http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpupgrad.htm

File & Settings Transfer Wizard (F.A.S.T.)
http://aumha.org/win5/a/fast.htm

There are also several links on assessing whether you are ready to upgrade
here:
http://aumha.org/win5/kbwin2k.htm

--
Jim Eshelman, MS-MVP Windows Shell/User, Windows Security
Windows Support Center: http://aumha.org/

It still looked pretty topical to me, so I recommended it.

"Jim Eshelman" <newsgroups@NSaumha.org> wrote in message
news:o $0lCmAJFHA.3484@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Richard G. Harper wrote:
>> And for that matter, the recognized expert (Jim Eshelman) provides the
>> following:
>>
>> http://aumha.org/a/whichwin.php
>
> LOL! Ex-spurt checking in! ;)  Thanks, Richard. That page may actually
> still be useful... I haven't updated it in a while, but it certainly
> reflects my thinking as of the date on it.
>
> If you decide the upgrade, the *real* (IMHO) expert on the issue of *how*
> to go about it - MS-MVP Gary Woodruff - has two outstanding articles on
> the subject. (Though they are mostly targetted at individual Windows
> users, I just learned that a few large corporations may be using Gary's
> articles as their basic instruction for migrating the whole company to Win
> XP.)
>
> Upgrading to Windows XP
> http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpupgrad.htm
>
> File & Settings Transfer Wizard (F.A.S.T.)
> http://aumha.org/win5/a/fast.htm
>
> There are also several links on assessing whether you are ready to upgrade
> here:
> http://aumha.org/win5/kbwin2k.htm
>
> --
> Jim Eshelman, MS-MVP Windows Shell/User, Windows Security
> Windows Support Center: http://aumha.org/
> AumHa Forums: http://aumha.net/

Anonymous
March 9, 2005 3:34:32 AM

Richard G. Harper wrote:
> It still looked pretty topical to me, so I recommended it.

Well, you've motivated me to dust it off a bit, do a little polishing, and
roll it back onto the main menus.

--
Jim Eshelman, MS-MVP Windows Shell/User, Windows Security
Windows Support Center: http://aumha.org/
AumHa Forums: http://aumha.net/
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 9:01:28 AM

Now I need to find someone to motivate me to get my web site back in action
again. :-)

"Jim Eshelman" <newsgroups@NSaumha.org> wrote in message
news:o 21%23RLIJFHA.2524@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Richard G. Harper wrote:
>> It still looked pretty topical to me, so I recommended it.
>
> Well, you've motivated me to dust it off a bit, do a little polishing, and
> roll it back onto the main menus.
>

> --
> Jim Eshelman, MS-MVP Windows Shell/User, Windows Security
> Windows Support Center: http://aumha.org/
> AumHa Forums: http://aumha.net/

March 9, 2005 2:34:36 PM

Great, I look forward to the future update and thanks Jim Eshelman for caring
so much. You are a great and wonderful person. Have an awesome day! <huge
smile> <hg>

: Richard G. Harper wrote:
: > It still looked pretty topical to me, so I recommended it.
:
: Well, you've motivated me to dust it off a bit, do a little polishing, and
: roll it back onto the main menus.
:
:
: --
: Jim Eshelman, MS-MVP Windows Shell/User, Windows Security
: Windows Support Center: http://aumha.org/
: AumHa Forums: http://aumha.net/
:
:
March 9, 2005 2:35:41 PM

Richard, you need to update your web-site, please. Will that do as far as
motivation? LOL!!

news:o iJ6YdJJFHA.3364@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
: Now I need to find someone to motivate me to get my web site back in action
: again. :-)
:
: --
: Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] rgharper@gmail.com
: * PLEASE post all messages and replies in the newsgroups
: * for the benefit of all. Private mail is usually not replied to.
: * My website, such as it is ... http://rgharper.mvps.org/
: * HELP us help YOU ... http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
:
:
: > Richard G. Harper wrote:
: >> It still looked pretty topical to me, so I recommended it.
: >
: > Well, you've motivated me to dust it off a bit, do a little polishing,
and
: > roll it back onto the main menus.
: >
: >
: > --
: > Jim Eshelman, MS-MVP Windows Shell/User, Windows Security
: > Windows Support Center: http://aumha.org/
: > AumHa Forums: http://aumha.net/
: >
: >
:
:
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 10:20:12 PM

If it pays.
Solomon
"Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:o wz4ZFrIFHA.1396@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> I am thinking of upgrading my operating system from Windows 98SE to
Windows
> XP. I would appreciate getting as much opinions as possible .
> Solomon

Anonymous
March 9, 2005 10:24:50 PM

The reason because I keep on getting error messages that closes my browser.I
have enough space. but I might have to upgrade some drivers.

Solomon
> That's a very un-answerable question when you put it that way.
>
> Why are you thinking about upgrading?
> What do you expect to gain - or lose - with the upgrade?
> Is your computer powerful enough to handle Windows XP?
> Is the hardware in your system going to be supported by XP drivers?

> * for the benefit of all. Private mail is usually not replied to.
> * My website, such as it is ... http://rgharper.mvps.org/
>

> "Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:o wz4ZFrIFHA.1396@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> >I am thinking of upgrading my operating system from Windows 98SE to
Windows
> > XP. I would appreciate getting as much opinions as possible .
> > Solomon

Anonymous
March 9, 2005 10:24:51 PM

Errors in your current OS are not a good reason to upgrade, unless it
just happens to be a convenient excuse--and in that case I would
*strongly* recommend against an upgrade. Install XP as a clean install.

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User

"Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:o 3xcWmQJFHA.3628@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> The reason because I keep on getting error messages that closes my
browser.I
> have enough space. but I might have to upgrade some drivers.
>
> Solomon
> "Richard G. Harper" <rgharper@email.com> wrote in message
> > That's a very un-answerable question when you put it that way.
> >
> > Why are you thinking about upgrading?
> > What do you expect to gain - or lose - with the upgrade?
> > Is your computer powerful enough to handle Windows XP?
> > Is the hardware in your system going to be supported by XP drivers?
> >
> > --
> > Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] rgharper@gmail.com
> > * PLEASE post all messages and replies in the newsgroups
> > * for the benefit of all. Private mail is usually not replied to.
> > * My website, such as it is ... http://rgharper.mvps.org/
> > * HELP us help YOU ... http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> >

> > "Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > news:o wz4ZFrIFHA.1396@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > >I am thinking of upgrading my operating system from Windows 98SE to
> Windows
> > > XP. I would appreciate getting as much opinions as possible .
> > > Solomon

Anonymous
March 9, 2005 10:52:32 PM

Yeah, sure; pile on after the tackle has been made. In many leagues that's
a poor sportsmanship penalty. :-)

> Your WEB site stinks, Harper! Better go update it!
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 10:52:33 PM

You have a website???

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User

> Yeah, sure; pile on after the tackle has been made. In many leagues
that's
> a poor sportsmanship penalty. :-)

> * for the benefit of all. Private mail is usually not replied to.
> * My website, such as it is ... http://rgharper.mvps.org/
>

> "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
> > Your WEB site stinks, Harper! Better go update it!

Anonymous
March 10, 2005 1:09:39 AM

Richard G. Harper wrote:
> Now I need to find someone to motivate me to get my web site back in
> action again. :-)

Try this:
Hey, you know that general troubleshooting article you kept promising me
you'd write? Well, since you never did, I threw one together at
http://aumha.org/a/tshoot.htm - which is a real shame, considering you could
have done a zillion times better. But no, Lazy Pants Harper has to make
Windows users world over *** SUFFER *** and settle for inferior
alternatives. :-P

(<g> PS - We should dance in Alex's honor in September.)

--
Jim Eshelman, MS-MVP Windows Shell/User, Windows Security
Windows Support Center: http://aumha.org/
AumHa Forums: http://aumha.net/
(Alex Nichol, 1935-2005. Friend, mentor, collaborator. Deeply missed
already. Rest in peace.)
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 1:27:50 AM

Harper and Eshelman dancing... Can't wait!

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User

"Jim Eshelman" <newsgroups@NSaumha.org> wrote in message
news:o 5fP$eTJFHA.1176@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Richard G. Harper wrote:
> > Now I need to find someone to motivate me to get my web site back in
> > action again. :-)
>
> Try this:
> Hey, you know that general troubleshooting article you kept promising
me
> you'd write? Well, since you never did, I threw one together at
> http://aumha.org/a/tshoot.htm - which is a real shame, considering you
could
> have done a zillion times better. But no, Lazy Pants Harper has to
make
> Windows users world over *** SUFFER *** and settle for inferior
> alternatives. :-P
>
> (<g> PS - We should dance in Alex's honor in September.)
>

> --
> Jim Eshelman, MS-MVP Windows Shell/User, Windows Security
> Windows Support Center: http://aumha.org/
> AumHa Forums: http://aumha.net/
> (Alex Nichol, 1935-2005. Friend, mentor, collaborator. Deeply missed
> already. Rest in peace.)

Anonymous
March 10, 2005 1:32:27 AM

Okay, okay ... I'm starting to develop bruises that may not heal for several
days now.

:-)

* In fond memory ... Alex, you shall be sorely missed
* https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/?mvpid=6911

> You have a website???
>
> --
> Gary S. Terhune
> MS MVP Shell/User
>
> "Richard G. Harper" <rgharper@email.com> wrote in message
>> Yeah, sure; pile on after the tackle has been made. In many leagues
> that's
>> a poor sportsmanship penalty. :-)
>>
>> --
>> * for the benefit of all. Private mail is usually not replied to.
>> * My website, such as it is ... http://rgharper.mvps.org/
>>

>> "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
>> > Your WEB site stinks, Harper! Better go update it!

Anonymous
March 10, 2005 1:32:34 AM

Gary S. Terhune wrote:
> Harper and Eshelman dancing... Can't wait!

You missed September 1999, right, Gary? ;)

(It was the boat! It was the booze! It was...)
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 2:17:58 AM

> You have a website???

Trenchant to the max. Repartee at its finest.

Bravo!!
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 2:24:47 AM

Yeah, October 2000 was my first trip to the Campus. But there was a boat
there, too...and there was booze, and there was Jim and Richard... But
hey, even if I'd been there (or perhaps I *was* there), I probably
wouldn't remember it. Creeping senility has some advantages, primary
among them being the fact that every day really *is* a new day, and the
same old same old is brand new again.

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User

> Gary S. Terhune wrote:
> > Harper and Eshelman dancing... Can't wait!
>
> You missed September 1999, right, Gary? ;)
>
> (It was the boat! It was the booze! It was...)

Anonymous
March 10, 2005 2:59:31 AM

I was EXPECTING a big "thank you", like Candlin got!

--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,
| Okay, okay ... I'm starting to develop bruises that may not heal for
several
| days now.
|
| :-)
|
| --
| Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] rgharper@gmail.com
| * In fond memory ... Alex, you shall be sorely missed
| * https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/?mvpid=6911
|

| "Gary S. Terhune" <grystnews@mvps.org> wrote in message
| > You have a website???
| >
| > --
| > Gary S. Terhune
| > MS MVP Shell/User
| > http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm
| > http://www.grystmill.com/articles/security.htm
| >
| > "Richard G. Harper" <rgharper@email.com> wrote in message
| >> Yeah, sure; pile on after the tackle has been made. In many
leagues
| > that's
| >> a poor sportsmanship penalty. :-)
| >>
| >> --
| >> Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] rgharper@gmail.com
| >> * PLEASE post all messages and replies in the newsgroups
| >> * for the benefit of all. Private mail is usually not replied to.
| >> * My website, such as it is ... http://rgharper.mvps.org/
| >> * HELP us help YOU ... http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
| >>

| >> "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message

March 10, 2005 4:15:38 AM

Man, when did Alex Nichol die? He answered my posts in the XP General
Newsgroup with helpful advice. <sad, chills in my body due to our loss> I
read about Alex and he sounds like a great, wonderful and wise man. :<
:(  : .

..
Godspeed (May God Go With You Alex on your journey to Heaven)

: Richard G. Harper wrote:
[...]
March 10, 2005 4:15:39 AM

Dan wrote:
> Man, when did Alex Nichol die?

9 March 2005.
March 10, 2005 4:18:43 AM

Gary, it makes me wonder sometimes when users will stop updating to solve
problems and first solve problems in their computer which will help them
learn about their computer even if the user is intimated at first it still
helps to try and overcome your fear of anything. How can I as someone who
helps others with their computers motivate people to overcome their fear of
not fixing the problem and just trying to upgrade out of the problem? Thanks
in advance for any reply.

[...]
: > >
: > > Why are you thinking about upgrading?
: > > What do you expect to gain - or lose - with the upgrade?
: > > Is your computer powerful enough to handle Windows XP?
: > > Is the hardware in your system going to be supported by XP drivers?
: > >
: > > --
: > > Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] rgharper@gmail.com
: > > * PLEASE post all messages and replies in the newsgroups
: > > * for the benefit of all. Private mail is usually not replied to.
: > > * My website, such as it is ... http://rgharper.mvps.org/
: > > * HELP us help YOU ... http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
: > >
: > >
: > > "Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
: > > news:o wz4ZFrIFHA.1396@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
: > > >I am thinking of upgrading my operating system from Windows 98SE to
: > Windows
: > > > XP. I would appreciate getting as much opinions as possible .
: > > > Solomon
: > > >
: > > >
: > >
: > >
: >
: >
:
March 10, 2005 4:21:32 AM

Huh??? Please elaborate. Do you mean someone is forcing you to upgrade or
that you will be payed by someone or a company to upgrade? If you do not
want to answer by this newsgroup then e-mail me your response at
dewmuggle1975@hotmail.com

Just remove the muggle and you have my real e-mail address. Thanks in
advance.

"Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
: If it pays.
: Solomon
: "Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
: news:o wz4ZFrIFHA.1396@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
: > I am thinking of upgrading my operating system from Windows 98SE to
: Windows
: > XP. I would appreciate getting as much opinions as possible .
: > Solomon
: >
: >
:
:
March 10, 2005 5:02:14 AM

Thanks Jim -- I will greatly miss him. Anything I can do to show my respect
and condolences? :o

"Jim Eshelman" <newsgroups@NSaumha.org> wrote in message
: Dan wrote:
: > Man, when did Alex Nichol die?
:
: 9 March 2005.
:
:
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 9:00:42 AM

When you can formulate a question that is entirely coherent,
grammatically perfect, and accurate in its use of terminology, I may
answer.

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User

"Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
> [...]
drivers?
> : > >
> : > > --
> : > > Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] rgharper@gmail.com
> : > > * PLEASE post all messages and replies in the newsgroups
> : > > * for the benefit of all. Private mail is usually not replied
to.
> : > > * My website, such as it is ... http://rgharper.mvps.org/
> : > > * HELP us help YOU ... http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> : > >
> : > >
> : > > "Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> : > > news:o wz4ZFrIFHA.1396@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> : > > >I am thinking of upgrading my operating system from Windows
98SE to
> : > Windows
> : > > > XP. I would appreciate getting as much opinions as possible .

Anonymous
March 10, 2005 6:34:29 PM

LOL.

Dan, are you sorry you thanked him in advance, now? Here is how to do
it: Hypnotize them with the Flying Windows Screen Saver!

--
> [...]
| drivers?
| > : > >
| > : > > --
| > : > > Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] rgharper@gmail.com
| > : > > * PLEASE post all messages and replies in the newsgroups
| > : > > * for the benefit of all. Private mail is usually not replied
| to.
| > : > > * My website, such as it is ... http://rgharper.mvps.org/
| > : > > * HELP us help YOU ... http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
| > : > >
| > : > >
| > : > > "Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
| > : > > news:o wz4ZFrIFHA.1396@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
| > : > > >I am thinking of upgrading my operating system from Windows
| 98SE to
| > : > Windows
| > : > > > XP. I would appreciate getting as much opinions as possible

Anonymous
March 10, 2005 8:30:52 PM

I'm think "must" is in order. First the malt liquor, then the dance.

IRT the troubleshooting page - I have it half written but from that point on
it keeps wanting to go in a different direction than I do. I've got to make
it behave and get it done right. Soon.

* In fond memory ... Alex, you shall be sorely missed
* https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/?mvpid=6911

"Jim Eshelman" <newsgroups@NSaumha.org> wrote in message
news:o 5fP$eTJFHA.1176@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Richard G. Harper wrote:
>> Now I need to find someone to motivate me to get my web site back in
>> action again. :-)
>
> Try this:
> Hey, you know that general troubleshooting article you kept promising me
> you'd write? Well, since you never did, I threw one together at
> http://aumha.org/a/tshoot.htm - which is a real shame, considering you
> could have done a zillion times better. But no, Lazy Pants Harper has to
> make Windows users world over *** SUFFER *** and settle for inferior
> alternatives. :-P
>
> (<g> PS - We should dance in Alex's honor in September.)
>

> --
> Jim Eshelman, MS-MVP Windows Shell/User, Windows Security
> Windows Support Center: http://aumha.org/
> AumHa Forums: http://aumha.net/
> (Alex Nichol, 1935-2005. Friend, mentor, collaborator. Deeply missed
> already. Rest in peace.)

Anonymous
March 10, 2005 8:30:53 PM

OK, so first the malt liquor, then the dance, then the whip!

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User

> I'm think "must" is in order. First the malt liquor, then the dance.
>
> IRT the troubleshooting page - I have it half written but from that
point on
> it keeps wanting to go in a different direction than I do. I've got
to make
> it behave and get it done right. Soon.

> * In fond memory ... Alex, you shall be sorely missed
> * https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/?mvpid=6911
>

> "Jim Eshelman" <newsgroups@NSaumha.org> wrote in message
> news:o 5fP$eTJFHA.1176@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > Richard G. Harper wrote:
> >> Now I need to find someone to motivate me to get my web site back
in
> >> action again. :-)
> >
> > Try this:
> > Hey, you know that general troubleshooting article you kept
promising me
> > you'd write? Well, since you never did, I threw one together at
> > http://aumha.org/a/tshoot.htm - which is a real shame, considering
you
> > could have done a zillion times better. But no, Lazy Pants Harper
has to
> > make Windows users world over *** SUFFER *** and settle for inferior
> > alternatives. :-P
> >
> > (<g> PS - We should dance in Alex's honor in September.)
> >

> > --
> > Jim Eshelman, MS-MVP Windows Shell/User, Windows Security
> > Windows Support Center: http://aumha.org/
> > AumHa Forums: http://aumha.net/
> > (Alex Nichol, 1935-2005. Friend, mentor, collaborator. Deeply missed
> > already. Rest in peace.)

Anonymous
March 10, 2005 10:57:20 PM

WAITAMINUTE!

Nobody said nothing about no whip.

I think you're trying to sneak a fast one over on me or something.

> OK, so first the malt liquor, then the dance, then the whip!
>
> --
> Gary S. Terhune
> MS MVP Shell/User
>
> "Richard G. Harper" <rgharper@email.com> wrote in message
>> I'm think "must" is in order. First the malt liquor, then the dance.
>>
>> IRT the troubleshooting page - I have it half written but from that
> point on
>> it keeps wanting to go in a different direction than I do. I've got
> to make
>> it behave and get it done right. Soon.
>>
>> --
>> * In fond memory ... Alex, you shall be sorely missed
>> * https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/?mvpid=6911
>>

>> "Jim Eshelman" <newsgroups@NSaumha.org> wrote in message
>> news:o 5fP$eTJFHA.1176@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> in
>> >
>> > Try this:
>> > Hey, you know that general troubleshooting article you kept
> promising me
>> > you'd write? Well, since you never did, I threw one together at
>> > http://aumha.org/a/tshoot.htm - which is a real shame, considering
> you
>> > could have done a zillion times better. But no, Lazy Pants Harper
> has to
>> > make Windows users world over *** SUFFER *** and settle for inferior
>> > alternatives. :-P
>> >
>> > (<g> PS - We should dance in Alex's honor in September.)
>> >

>> > --
>> > Jim Eshelman, MS-MVP Windows Shell/User, Windows Security
>> > Windows Support Center: http://aumha.org/
>> > AumHa Forums: http://aumha.net/
>> > (Alex Nichol, 1935-2005. Friend, mentor, collaborator. Deeply missed
>> > already. Rest in peace.)

Anonymous
March 11, 2005 12:42:12 AM

Richard G. Harper wrote:
> WAITAMINUTE!
>
> Nobody said nothing about no whip.
>
> I think you're trying to sneak a fast one over on me or something.

Richard, c'mon, be a sport. If Gary wants us to get stinking drunk and whip
him, and will be kind enough to bring the whip, we should indulge him.

--
Jim Eshelman, MS-MVP Windows Shell/User, Windows Security
Windows Support Center: http://aumha.org/
AumHa Forums: http://aumha.net/
(Alex Nichol, 1935-2005. Friend, mentor, collaborator. Deeply missed
already. Rest in peace.)
Anonymous
March 11, 2005 12:47:52 AM

....heh, heh, heh....