Your question

Dell Falls, AMD rises

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Lenovo
  • AMD
Last response: in CPUs
April 20, 2006 7:39:49 PM

Found this article about PC sales climbing 13.1% for Q1. What's interesting is Dells sales have fallen while makers such as Acer, HP and Lenovo sales have risen which are now generally equipped with AMD processors.

Quote:
No. 4 Acer continued to wield the crown for the fastest-growing PC maker. The Taiwanese manufacturer grew PC shipments 45 percent in the first quarter and now has 5 percent of the world market. Lenovo is ranked third, with 6 percent of the market. Lenovo grew shipments by 10 percent. Gartner further added that, in processors, Advanced Micro Devices gained market share over Intel in the last seven quarters.

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=1871

More about : dell falls amd rises

April 20, 2006 8:40:02 PM

I'm not that surprised given, as pointed out, Dell's tech support has really gone down hill as well as their warranties. Seems like HP and Acer dominate the "Big Box" market, e.g., Circuitcity, Bestbuy, and CompUSA. The average user can get a decent HP or Acer PC for $600 to $700 and a decent laptop for $800 to $900 and semi-decent one's fot even less. I think as computers trickle down to those with less education and earning less money, these low end machines will continue to sell well. Let's face it, your average user just wants a machine that is reliable and will do what they want, which is generally E Mail, the Net, and lower level games.
April 20, 2006 8:46:23 PM

Dell's market share also fell because people are starting to get really mad with Dell's crappy voip system and the constant disconnects and a 90% chance of getting someone who speaks english as a second language.
Related resources
April 20, 2006 9:55:55 PM

Quote:
Found this article about PC sales climbing 13.1% for Q1. What's interesting is Dells sales have fallen while makers such as Acer, HP and Lenovo sales have risen which are now generally equipped with AMD processors.

No. 4 Acer continued to wield the crown for the fastest-growing PC maker. The Taiwanese manufacturer grew PC shipments 45 percent in the first quarter and now has 5 percent of the world market. Lenovo is ranked third, with 6 percent of the market. Lenovo grew shipments by 10 percent. Gartner further added that, in processors, Advanced Micro Devices gained market share over Intel in the last seven quarters.

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=1871 Dude would you mind if i post this on ihatedell?
April 20, 2006 10:08:48 PM

Quote:

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=1871 Dude would you mind if i post this on ihatedell?

Sure as long as I get a cut of any payments you receive. Remember, it's a 70/30 split with me having the larger cut. :lol: 
April 20, 2006 10:35:59 PM

Quote:

Sure as long as I get a cut of any payments you receive. Remember, it's a 70/30 split with me having the larger cut. :lol:  Ok ill give you 70% of .01$ :lol: