No mouse on bootup?..help please

terry

Win98se
Logitech marble mouse

Recently, occassionally for some unknown reason my ps2 marble mouse either
is not there on the desktop screen, or as I just start to use it, it
freezes....then I have to reboot.
No error messages are displayed anywhere. Some bootups are ok!!!...Once I am
up & running for a few seconds the mouse remains OK. Teminal connections
secure.

I have installed the "latest" mousware drivers with no improvement.

I have streamlined my startups in "msconfig"...still the same.

My startup includes Autoexec.bat & Config.sys files ticked in msconfig, per
recommendations here. Keyb uk/......is in Cofig.sys.

I have read thro' many posts in this N/G but not found the same problems
existing.

Have not tried another mouse type.

TIA

Terry wrote:
> Win98se
> Logitech marble mouse
>
> Recently, occassionally for some unknown reason my ps2 marble mouse
> either is not there on the desktop screen, or as I just start to use
> it, it freezes....then I have to reboot.
> No error messages are displayed anywhere. Some bootups are
> ok!!!...Once I am up & running for a few seconds the mouse remains
> OK. Teminal connections secure.
>
> I have installed the "latest" mousware drivers with no improvement.
>
> I have streamlined my startups in "msconfig"...still the same.
>
> My startup includes Autoexec.bat & Config.sys files ticked in
> msconfig, per recommendations here. Keyb uk/......is in Cofig.sys.
>
> I have read thro' many posts in this N/G but not found the same
> problems existing.
>
> Have not tried another mouse type.

Try a different PS/2 mouse.

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

terry

Tried another ps/2 mouse...still wicked fonts.
Done the basic font sizing....that is not the problem.

Terry
"Terry" <terrybetts11138@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> dadiOH
> Thanks....will obtain another Ps/2 mouse & give it a try.
>
> Terry

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Terry, I am confused. I thought you had solved your small font problem.
Could this font problem be related to an incorrect display driver that you
have installed and is your operating system 98SE?

:
: Terry
: "Terry" <terrybetts11138@hotmail.com> wrote in message
: news:Op$0#0yIFHA.3788@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
: > dadiOH
: > Thanks....will obtain another Ps/2 mouse & give it a try.
: >
: > Terry
: >
: >