No mouse on bootup?..help please

Win98se
Logitech marble mouse

Recently, occassionally for some unknown reason my ps2 marble mouse either
is not there on the desktop screen, or as I just start to use it, it
freezes....then I have to reboot.
No error messages are displayed anywhere. Some bootups are ok!!!...Once I am
up & running for a few seconds the mouse remains OK. Teminal connections
secure.

I have installed the "latest" mousware drivers with no improvement.

I have streamlined my startups in "msconfig"...still the same.

My startup includes Autoexec.bat & Config.sys files ticked in msconfig, per
recommendations here. Keyb uk/......is in Cofig.sys.

I have read thro' many posts in this N/G but not found the same problems
existing.

Have not tried another mouse type.

TIA
4 answers Last reply
More about mouse bootup help please

    Terry wrote:
    > Win98se
    > Logitech marble mouse
    >
    > Recently, occassionally for some unknown reason my ps2 marble mouse
    > either is not there on the desktop screen, or as I just start to use
    > it, it freezes....then I have to reboot.
    > No error messages are displayed anywhere. Some bootups are
    > ok!!!...Once I am up & running for a few seconds the mouse remains
    > OK. Teminal connections secure.
    >
    > I have installed the "latest" mousware drivers with no improvement.
    >
    > I have streamlined my startups in "msconfig"...still the same.
    >
    > My startup includes Autoexec.bat & Config.sys files ticked in
    > msconfig, per recommendations here. Keyb uk/......is in Cofig.sys.
    >
    > I have read thro' many posts in this N/G but not found the same
    > problems existing.
    >
    > Have not tried another mouse type.

    Try a different PS/2 mouse.

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH
    Thanks....will obtain another Ps/2 mouse & give it a try.

    Terry

    Tried another ps/2 mouse...still wicked fonts.
    Done the basic font sizing....that is not the problem.

    Terry
    "Terry" <terrybetts11138@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > dadiOH
    > Thanks....will obtain another Ps/2 mouse & give it a try.
    >
    > Terry

    Terry, I am confused. I thought you had solved your small font problem.
    Could this font problem be related to an incorrect display driver that you
    have installed and is your operating system 98SE?

    :
    : Terry
    : "Terry" <terrybetts11138@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    : news:Op$0#0yIFHA.3788@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    : > dadiOH
    : > Thanks....will obtain another Ps/2 mouse & give it a try.
    : >
    : > Terry
    : >
    : >