Looking for a free photo site with slide show captions

dallas

It seems to me someone posted a screenshot slideshow that I liked earlier
this month on a free photo site and I forgot to bookmark it.

What I'm looking for is a site that will let you post large images and
captions for slideshows.

Photosite does large photos but no captions.

Webshots does nice captions for slideshows but the images are about half
sized.

Photobucket also has small photos for slideshows.

Anyone?

Dallas

dude

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I use Flickr
http://flickr.com/photos/holubpics/

Works great and some of my pic sizes are very big

Regards,
Chris

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Dallas wrote:

> It seems to me someone posted a screenshot slideshow that I liked earlier
> this month on a free photo site and I forgot to bookmark it.
>
> What I'm looking for is a site that will let you post large images and
> captions for slideshows.
>
> Photosite does large photos but no captions.
>
> Webshots does nice captions for slideshows but the images are about half
> sized.
>
> Photobucket also has small photos for slideshows.
>

> Anyone?
>

> Dallas

That would be:
http://www.flickr.com

It even has a handy utility to upload the pictures or you can do it the
direct method.

--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

Arthur

This is a 'beta' version of Flickr.. You can bet yer boots they'll be
charging big bucks for a deluxe membership once they see lots of people are
using the service and have uploaded thousands of pics. That's what
Webshots did although they still retain a 'free service' which is very low
in features.

Arthur

"boB" <akita_77REMOVECAPS@yahoo.Xcom> wrote in message
> Dallas wrote:
>
>> It seems to me someone posted a screenshot slideshow that I liked earlier
>> this month on a free photo site and I forgot to bookmark it.
>>
>> What I'm looking for is a site that will let you post large images and
>> captions for slideshows.
>>
>> Photosite does large photos but no captions.
>>
>> Webshots does nice captions for slideshows but the images are about half
>> sized.
>>
>> Photobucket also has small photos for slideshows.
>>

>> Anyone?
>>

>> Dallas
>>

> That would be:
> http://www.flickr.com
>
> It even has a handy utility to upload the pictures or you can do it the
> direct method.
>
> --
>
> boB,
> SAG 70
>
> U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

dallas

"boB"
> That would be:
> http://www.flickr.com

Hum... I don't get it.. I'm looking at Dude's slideshow and I don't get
anything I want:

http://flickr.com/photos/holubpics/

The pictures are small and the captions are not there during the slideshow
mode. In the regular view mode you have to click "all sizes" to see a
bigger picture.

Dallas

dallas

<yammy57_gua@yahoo.com>
> Is that what you are looking for?
> http://www.photo-to-dvd.com

Thanks, but no... I want a web based slide show with the ability to post hi
res photos and captions.

I guess I've discovered an untapped market... anybody wanna finance a
Internet startup company?

Dallas

Arthur

You can do all that on Webshots, but the premium membership isn't free. I
do feel, however, that I get my money's worth. Their quality of
reproduction on the web and their slideshow feature is pretty good. Hey, if
Quilly and me like it, it's got to be good.....or not...I dunno.

Try a basic free membership for a while and see if you like it. By the way,
I'm not on commission...just wanna help.

Arthur

> <yammy57_gua@yahoo.com>
>> Is that what you are looking for?
>> http://www.photo-to-dvd.com
>
> Thanks, but no... I want a web based slide show with the ability to post
> hi
> res photos and captions.
>
> I guess I've discovered an untapped market... anybody wanna finance a
> Internet startup company?
>
> Dallas

I agree, Webshots is fine for me. I still only have the free version.
Someone onm this NG must have put me onto it. I find the slideshow very
good. It's full screen with white captions across the screen on your own
computer.

Cheers
Quilly

Try 'Living With Technology' magazine
http://www.livtech.co.uk

dallas

"Arthur"
> You can do all that on Webshots, but the premium membership isn't free.
> I'm not on commission...just wanna help.

Webshots is close... but even your 2400x1800 images are displayed at around
600x800. You have to press "view full size" to get the big picture. And I
pressed "View Slideshow" and I never get a slideshow.

I really like Photosites slide show, but... no captions... click "view
slideshow" at the top:
http://bbillionaire.photosite.com/HarleytheAsparagus/

Whoa! I was wrong... I just saw an album with captions down a the bottom
of a Photosite slideshow... I guess I'll have to read the fine manual.

Dallas

> Dallas

This thread is getting like the Screengrabber discussion. We all seem to
have our favourite grabber or screenshot demonstrator. Why doesn't someone
with obvious time on their hands (Who mentioned Arthur there?) do a really
good comparative review on the best sites to store albums and to show both
pics and slideshows for free?
I would volunteer, but I've got a bad leg.

--
Cheers
Quilly

Try 'Living With Technology' magazine
http://www.livtech.co.uk

Hi Varmit,

Sure thing, mate - post a sample hi-res slideshow, with captions,
somewhere on the 'Net, so we can see if it's worth financing you. :)

Regards,
John Ward

> <yammy57_gua@yahoo.com>
>> Is that what you are looking for?
>> http://www.photo-to-dvd.com
>
> Thanks, but no... I want a web based slide show with the ability to post
> hi
> res photos and captions.
>
> I guess I've discovered an untapped market... anybody wanna finance a
> Internet startup company?
>
> Dallas

dallas

"Quilljar"
> Why doesn't someone
> with obvious time on their hands (Who mentioned Arthur there?) do a really
> good comparative review on the best sites to store albums

I second the nomination.

Dallas

Hi Varmit,

"I second the nomination"

Gentlemen, that would seem to conclude today's proceedings.

Nice work, Arthur - congratulations on your appointment!

There being no further questions, we will await Arthur's Report Back.

Thank you all for your attendance.

Regards,
John Ward

> "Quilljar"
>> Why doesn't someone
>> with obvious time on their hands (Who mentioned Arthur there?) do a
>> really
>> good comparative review on the best sites to store albums
>
> I second the nomination.
>

> Dallas

TRENDING THREADS