Can't make this software working help please!!

I have the following problem:
I have a really old software named DDLS (Delivery Design and Labelling
system) from company (British Postal Consultancy Service) i can't make it
working, and i don't have the installation cd anymore..
I get the following error : "runtime error 367 can't load (or register)
custom control: SSDOCK16.OCX.
I tried to register the following file with regsvr32 but was useless i keep
getting the same error anybody know how can i solve it? I really need to
make that software working
Help please!

Alberto
10 answers Last reply
More about make software working please

    "Alberto Z." <zalbert78@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I have the following problem:
    > I have a really old software named DDLS (Delivery Design and Labelling
    > system) from company (British Postal Consultancy Service) i can't make it
    > working, and i don't have the installation cd anymore..
    > I get the following error : "runtime error 367 can't load (or register)
    > custom control: SSDOCK16.OCX.
    > I tried to register the following file with regsvr32 but was useless i
    keep
    > getting the same error anybody know how can i solve it? I really need to
    > make that software working
    > Help please!
    >
    > Alberto

    Go to the source

    http://www.bpcs.org/

    That's almost useless that software it's totally outdated.. and it doesn't
    help much i wonder what i'm doing wrong.. :(

    "Hugh Candlin" <No@MeansNo.Com> ha scritto nel messaggio

    > "Alberto Z." <zalbert78@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> I have the following problem:
    >> I have a really old software named DDLS (Delivery Design and Labelling
    >> system) from company (British Postal Consultancy Service) i can't make it
    >> working, and i don't have the installation cd anymore..
    >> I get the following error : "runtime error 367 can't load (or register)
    >> custom control: SSDOCK16.OCX.
    >> I tried to register the following file with regsvr32 but was useless i
    > keep
    >> getting the same error anybody know how can i solve it? I really need to
    >> make that software working
    >> Help please!
    >>
    >> Alberto
    >
    > Go to the source
    >
    > http://www.bpcs.org/

    Does this file (SSDOCK16.OCX) exist on the disk?

    If so, exactly what is the command you are using to register it?
    --
    Jeff Richards
    MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
    "Alberto Z." <zalbert78@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I have the following problem:
    > I have a really old software named DDLS (Delivery Design and Labelling
    > system) from company (British Postal Consultancy Service) i can't make it
    > working, and i don't have the installation cd anymore..
    > I get the following error : "runtime error 367 can't load (or register)
    > custom control: SSDOCK16.OCX.
    > I tried to register the following file with regsvr32 but was useless i
    > keep getting the same error anybody know how can i solve it? I really need
    > to make that software working
    > Help please!
    >
    > Alberto

    I'm using regsvr32 c:\windows\system\ssdock16.ocx

    i tried all other locations as well but still the same problems

    Alberto Z. wrote:
    > I tried different locations since that software it's really old and
    should
    > be made for windows 3.1 i don't know which folder i could try to put
    that
    > file, anyway it's the only one i found and it's the one of sheringam
    company
    > (i don't think there are more than one version) Anyway if you wanna
    have a
    > better look i can send you the whole zip with all i have left of that

    > software (it was on an old computer that had hard disk crash) I
    really need
    > that software for my work since my work tables are made for that
    software..
    > Anyway the error i get it's always the usual "
    > runtime error 376 cannot load or register ssdock16.ocx"
    >
    > For the rest i don't know what else to do.. i don't have such an old
    > operating system like windows 3.1 i was able to test it only on win98
    and
    > the result is that above
    >
    > Alberto

    Explanation of Regsvr32 Usage and Error Messages (Q249873)
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=249873

    Runtime error reported isn't a common one for regsvr32, sounds more
    like Visual Basic (VB) file missing perhaps? You could use dependency
    walker on the .ocx to see what it's dependencies are. This would be
    the same program as the depends program mentioned in the above article
    too.
    http://www.dependencywalker.com/

    Does the file c:\windows\system\ssdock16.ocx exist?
    --
    Jeff Richards
    MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
    > I'm using regsvr32 c:\windows\system\ssdock16.ocx
    >
    > i tried all other locations as well but still the same problems

    Of course it exist i copied it there...
    I don't know what else to try i tried all locations for that file but still
    can't make it working!!

    > Does the file c:\windows\system\ssdock16.ocx exist?
    > --
    > Jeff Richards
    > MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
    > "Alberto Z." <zalbert78@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> I'm using regsvr32 c:\windows\system\ssdock16.ocx
    >>
    >> i tried all other locations as well but still the same problems

    If you copied the file to that location, then why were you trying other
    locations?

    Exactly what is the message you get when you try to register it?

    If the registration appears to succeed but the program won't recognise that
    the OCX is installed then the wrong file is being registered. Perhaps you
    are registering the unlicensed version and the program requires the licensed
    version, or perhaps the program requires a different version number than the
    one you are registering.

    How have you confirmed that the OCX file you copied to that folder is the
    correct one for that program?
    --
    Jeff Richards
    MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)

    > If you copied the file to that location, then why were you trying other
    > locations?
    >
    > Exactly what is the message you get when you try to register it?
    >
    > If the registration appears to succeed but the program won't recognise
    > that the OCX is installed then the wrong file is being registered.
    > Perhaps you are registering the unlicensed version and the program
    > requires the licensed version, or perhaps the program requires a different
    > version number than the one you are registering.
    >
    > How have you confirmed that the OCX file you copied to that folder is the
    > correct one for that program?
    > --
    > Jeff Richards
    > MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
    > "Alberto Z." <zalbert78@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Of course it exist i copied it there...
    >> I don't know what else to try i tried all locations for that file but
    >> still can't make it working!!
    >>
    >> "Jeff Richards" <JRichards@msn.com.au> ha scritto nel messaggio
    >>> Does the file c:\windows\system\ssdock16.ocx exist?
    >>> --
    >>> Jeff Richards
    >>> MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
    >>> "Alberto Z." <zalbert78@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    If the OCX is being registered correctly in RegSvr32 then the location you
    are putting it in is fine.

    If it is not recognised as registered when you run the program then it is
    not the correct version of the OCX. If you sourced this version from
    somewhere other than the original program installation file set then it's
    probably a freeware or unlicensed version, while the program is requiring
    the licensed version. The unlicensed version is available free to people who
    write their own software. The licensed version must be used with commercial
    software. The two versions are not interchangeable. At least that's how
    Sheridan used to do it, and I suspect it's their OCX.

    I don't believe there is any solution other than to find the original,
    complete, set of installation files for that application.
    --
    Jeff Richards
    MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
    >I tried different locations since that software it's really old and should
    >be made for windows 3.1 i don't know which folder i could try to put that
    >file, anyway it's the only one i found and it's the one of sheringam
    >company (i don't think there are more than one version) Anyway if you wanna
    >have a better look i can send you the whole zip with all i have left of
    >that software (it was on an old computer that had hard disk crash) I really
    >need that software for my work since my work tables are made for that
    >software..
    > Anyway the error i get it's always the usual "
    > runtime error 376 cannot load or register ssdock16.ocx"
    >
    > For the rest i don't know what else to do.. i don't have such an old
    > operating system like windows 3.1 i was able to test it only on win98 and
    > the result is that above
    >
    > Alberto

Microsoft Software Windows