Can't make this software working help please!!

I have the following problem:
I have a really old software named DDLS (Delivery Design and Labelling
system) from company (British Postal Consultancy Service) i can't make it
working, and i don't have the installation cd anymore..
I get the following error : "runtime error 367 can't load (or register)
custom control: SSDOCK16.OCX.
I tried to register the following file with regsvr32 but was useless i keep
getting the same error anybody know how can i solve it? I really need to
make that software working
Help please!

Alberto

"Alberto Z." <zalbert78@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have the following problem:
> I have a really old software named DDLS (Delivery Design and Labelling
> system) from company (British Postal Consultancy Service) i can't make it
> working, and i don't have the installation cd anymore..
> I get the following error : "runtime error 367 can't load (or register)
> custom control: SSDOCK16.OCX.
> I tried to register the following file with regsvr32 but was useless i
keep
> getting the same error anybody know how can i solve it? I really need to
> make that software working
> Help please!
>
> Alberto

Go to the source

http://www.bpcs.org/

That's almost useless that software it's totally outdated.. and it doesn't
help much i wonder what i'm doing wrong.. :(

"Hugh Candlin" <No@MeansNo.Com> ha scritto nel messaggio

> "Alberto Z." <zalbert78@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I have the following problem:
>> I have a really old software named DDLS (Delivery Design and Labelling
>> system) from company (British Postal Consultancy Service) i can't make it
>> working, and i don't have the installation cd anymore..
>> I get the following error : "runtime error 367 can't load (or register)
>> custom control: SSDOCK16.OCX.
>> I tried to register the following file with regsvr32 but was useless i
> keep
>> getting the same error anybody know how can i solve it? I really need to
>> make that software working
>> Help please!
>>
>> Alberto
>
> Go to the source
>
> http://www.bpcs.org/

Does this file (SSDOCK16.OCX) exist on the disk?

If so, exactly what is the command you are using to register it?
--
Jeff Richards
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
"Alberto Z." <zalbert78@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have the following problem:
> I have a really old software named DDLS (Delivery Design and Labelling
> system) from company (British Postal Consultancy Service) i can't make it
> working, and i don't have the installation cd anymore..
> I get the following error : "runtime error 367 can't load (or register)
> custom control: SSDOCK16.OCX.
> I tried to register the following file with regsvr32 but was useless i
> keep getting the same error anybody know how can i solve it? I really need
> to make that software working
> Help please!
>
> Alberto

I'm using regsvr32 c:\windows\system\ssdock16.ocx

i tried all other locations as well but still the same problems
"Jeff Richards" <JRichards@msn.com.au> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Does this file (SSDOCK16.OCX) exist on the disk?
>
> If so, exactly what is the command you are using to register it?
> --
> Jeff Richards
> MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
> "Alberto Z." <zalbert78@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I have the following problem:
>> I have a really old software named DDLS (Delivery Design and Labelling
>> system) from company (British Postal Consultancy Service) i can't make it
>> working, and i don't have the installation cd anymore..
>> I get the following error : "runtime error 367 can't load (or register)
>> custom control: SSDOCK16.OCX.
>> I tried to register the following file with regsvr32 but was useless i
>> keep getting the same error anybody know how can i solve it? I really
>> need to make that software working
>> Help please!
>>
>> Alberto

lee

Alberto Z. wrote:
> I tried different locations since that software it's really old and
should
> be made for windows 3.1 i don't know which folder i could try to put
that
> file, anyway it's the only one i found and it's the one of sheringam
company
> (i don't think there are more than one version) Anyway if you wanna
have a
> better look i can send you the whole zip with all i have left of that

> software (it was on an old computer that had hard disk crash) I
really need
> that software for my work since my work tables are made for that
software..
> Anyway the error i get it's always the usual "
> runtime error 376 cannot load or register ssdock16.ocx"
>
> For the rest i don't know what else to do.. i don't have such an old
> operating system like windows 3.1 i was able to test it only on win98
and
> the result is that above
>
> Alberto

Explanation of Regsvr32 Usage and Error Messages (Q249873)
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=249873

Runtime error reported isn't a common one for regsvr32, sounds more
like Visual Basic (VB) file missing perhaps? You could use dependency
walker on the .ocx to see what it's dependencies are. This would be
the same program as the depends program mentioned in the above article
too.
http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Does the file c:\windows\system\ssdock16.ocx exist?
--
Jeff Richards
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
> I'm using regsvr32 c:\windows\system\ssdock16.ocx
>
> i tried all other locations as well but still the same problems

Of course it exist i copied it there...
I don't know what else to try i tried all locations for that file but still
can't make it working!!

> Does the file c:\windows\system\ssdock16.ocx exist?
> --
> Jeff Richards
> MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
> "Alberto Z." <zalbert78@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I'm using regsvr32 c:\windows\system\ssdock16.ocx
>>
>> i tried all other locations as well but still the same problems

If you copied the file to that location, then why were you trying other
locations?

Exactly what is the message you get when you try to register it?

If the registration appears to succeed but the program won't recognise that
the OCX is installed then the wrong file is being registered. Perhaps you
are registering the unlicensed version and the program requires the licensed
version, or perhaps the program requires a different version number than the
one you are registering.

How have you confirmed that the OCX file you copied to that folder is the
correct one for that program?
--
Jeff Richards
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)

> If you copied the file to that location, then why were you trying other
> locations?
>
> Exactly what is the message you get when you try to register it?
>
> If the registration appears to succeed but the program won't recognise
> that the OCX is installed then the wrong file is being registered.
> Perhaps you are registering the unlicensed version and the program
> requires the licensed version, or perhaps the program requires a different
> version number than the one you are registering.
>
> How have you confirmed that the OCX file you copied to that folder is the
> correct one for that program?
> --
> Jeff Richards
> MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
> "Alberto Z." <zalbert78@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Of course it exist i copied it there...
>> I don't know what else to try i tried all locations for that file but
>> still can't make it working!!
>>
>> "Jeff Richards" <JRichards@msn.com.au> ha scritto nel messaggio
>>> Does the file c:\windows\system\ssdock16.ocx exist?
>>> --
>>> Jeff Richards
>>> MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
>>> "Alberto Z." <zalbert78@hotmail.com> wrote in message

If the OCX is being registered correctly in RegSvr32 then the location you
are putting it in is fine.

If it is not recognised as registered when you run the program then it is
not the correct version of the OCX. If you sourced this version from
somewhere other than the original program installation file set then it's
probably a freeware or unlicensed version, while the program is requiring
the licensed version. The unlicensed version is available free to people who
write their own software. The licensed version must be used with commercial
software. The two versions are not interchangeable. At least that's how
Sheridan used to do it, and I suspect it's their OCX.

I don't believe there is any solution other than to find the original,
complete, set of installation files for that application.
--
Jeff Richards
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)