CONTROL PANEL IS MISSING "INTERNET OPTIONS" ICON

I AM HELPING CLEAN UP A GATEWAY DESKTOP WITH WINDOWS 98

I GET AN ERROR MESSAGE WHEN LOADING:

"ERROR LOADING C:\WINDOWS\BXXS5/DLL"

I ALSO NOTICE THERE IS NO INTERNET OPTIONS ICON IN THE CONTROL PANEL.

I HAVE RELOADED WINDOWS 98 BUT CONTINUE TO HAVE SAME PROBLEMS.

ANY HELP APPRECIATED AS I AM LIMITED IN KNOWLEDGE.
--
Roger

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Please remove the caps and consider copying editing to small type and
reposting. Large letters are like yelling and hard on our eyes. :-0

:
: I GET AN ERROR MESSAGE WHEN LOADING:
:
: "ERROR LOADING C:\WINDOWS\BXXS5/DLL"
:
: I ALSO NOTICE THERE IS NO INTERNET OPTIONS ICON IN THE CONTROL PANEL.
:
: I HAVE RELOADED WINDOWS 98 BUT CONTINUE TO HAVE SAME PROBLEMS.
:
: ANY HELP APPRECIATED AS I AM LIMITED IN KNOWLEDGE.
: --
: Roger

Please do not post in hard to read capitals or you may get ignored.

bs3.dll bsx5.dll bxxs5.dll
Above files are from the BookedSpace parasite.
Try here:
http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/library/bookedspace/index.phtml
http://www.pestpatrol.com/PestInfo/b/bs3_dll.asp#Overview
http://www.pestpatrol.com/pestinfo/b/bookedspace.asp
http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/BookedSpace.html

or try these:
Ad-Aware: http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
(get updates immediately after installation)
Spybot-Search and Destroy - http://security.kolla.de/

As to the Internet icon, check if you still have the .cpl file for it
in your System folder, e.g. C:\Windows\System\inetcpl.cpl

....Alan

--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

....Alan

--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

In microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion, "Rogerinthecity"