CONTROL PANEL IS MISSING "INTERNET OPTIONS" ICON

I AM HELPING CLEAN UP A GATEWAY DESKTOP WITH WINDOWS 98

I GET AN ERROR MESSAGE WHEN LOADING:

"ERROR LOADING C:\WINDOWS\BXXS5/DLL"

I ALSO NOTICE THERE IS NO INTERNET OPTIONS ICON IN THE CONTROL PANEL.

I HAVE RELOADED WINDOWS 98 BUT CONTINUE TO HAVE SAME PROBLEMS.

ANY HELP APPRECIATED AS I AM LIMITED IN KNOWLEDGE.
--
Roger
2 answers Last reply

    Please remove the caps and consider copying editing to small type and
    reposting. Large letters are like yelling and hard on our eyes. :-0

    :
    : I GET AN ERROR MESSAGE WHEN LOADING:
    :
    : "ERROR LOADING C:\WINDOWS\BXXS5/DLL"
    :
    : I ALSO NOTICE THERE IS NO INTERNET OPTIONS ICON IN THE CONTROL PANEL.
    :
    : I HAVE RELOADED WINDOWS 98 BUT CONTINUE TO HAVE SAME PROBLEMS.
    :
    : ANY HELP APPRECIATED AS I AM LIMITED IN KNOWLEDGE.
    : --
    : Roger

    Please do not post in hard to read capitals or you may get ignored.

    bs3.dll bsx5.dll bxxs5.dll
    Above files are from the BookedSpace parasite.
    Try here:
    http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/library/bookedspace/index.phtml
    http://www.pestpatrol.com/PestInfo/b/bs3_dll.asp#Overview
    http://www.pestpatrol.com/pestinfo/b/bookedspace.asp
    http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/BookedSpace.html

    or try these:
    Ad-Aware: http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    (get updates immediately after installation)
    Spybot-Search and Destroy - http://security.kolla.de/

    As to the Internet icon, check if you still have the .cpl file for it
    in your System folder, e.g. C:\Windows\System\inetcpl.cpl

    ....Alan

    --
    Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    http://dts-l.org/index.html

    ....Alan

    --
    Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    http://dts-l.org/index.html

    In microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion, "Rogerinthecity"
    <Rogerinthecity@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I AM HELPING CLEAN UP A GATEWAY DESKTOP WITH WINDOWS 98
    >
    >I GET AN ERROR MESSAGE WHEN LOADING:
    >
    > "ERROR LOADING C:\WINDOWS\BXXS5/DLL"
    >
    >I ALSO NOTICE THERE IS NO INTERNET OPTIONS ICON IN THE CONTROL PANEL.
    >
    >I HAVE RELOADED WINDOWS 98 BUT CONTINUE TO HAVE SAME PROBLEMS.
    >
    >ANY HELP APPRECIATED AS I AM LIMITED IN KNOWLEDGE.

Control Panel Internet Windows