unable to copy file

I have a Windows 98 PC that was infected with numerous viruses. The system
will not boot up. I put the hard drive in a Windows 2K machine and ran a
virus scan - found and remove virus infections. I tried to copy a data file
(Quickwn for Windows database file) to the WIndows 2K hard drive. When doing
so, I get an error message "invalid parameter" I get the same message even
just trying to look at the properties of the file. Could this have been
caused by a virus corrupting the FAT table? If so, is there a utility that I
can use to restore it?

Thank you

The message "invalid parameter" refers to the current command being
executed. If it occurs when you attempt to do the copy then you are using
the wrong sort of command for the copy, or you are forming or entering the
command incorrectly.

How exactly are you doing this copy? If you are doing it from a command
prompt what is the exact command you are using?
--
Jeff Richards
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)