melthashar

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2006
Heres the problem, currently I am running P4 2.5 GHz processor on an unkown motherboard( It was a prebuilt system by VPR Matrix) currently I ahave been having a problem that pops and seemingly random times and intervals. Every once in awhile the keyboard will stop working, in terms of power going to the key board there appears to still be power running to the keyboard, the number lock key will stay lit if already on. Mouse control running on usb runs fine. The keyboard itself is not to blame as I ahve tried two different PS2 boards and they had teh same problem. typically when I restart the computer it would get stuck on teh windows shutting down blue screen. However recently I tried something different and ran System Mechanic 6 Total System Care( Disk COmpression, registry error fixes ect. ect.) the comptuer was able to restart but the keyboard still did not function, restarting again on the bios startup screen it displayed a keyboard error message. When started up the keyboard still wouldn't work. Restarting once more I tried to acces the bios and was succesful the keyboard worked at that point, and as well as when I booted to the system. If anyone has any ideas what might be causing this issue and help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I had something similiar happen to my Compaq Evo P4 1.5g willamette, it stopped working on my ps/2 kvm, worked for a while on a ps/2 keyboard and eventually broke down and got a usb keyboard, since none of the dozens of ps/2 keyboards I tried of various makes stopped working altogether. Eventually I replaced it with a home-built A64-3400 and was back on the ps/2 kvm...