iPAQ 4150 can I print to a Canon i70 via IR from Repligo?

October 24, 2004 1:06:45 AM

Hi all,
I have a iPAQ 4150 with the current versions of HP MobilePrint and
PrintPocket CE. I am trying to print a Repligo/pdf file on my iPAQ via
IR to a Canon i70 printer. I'm not sure what printer driver that
Repligo uses, but I can print just fine to my HP LaserJet 2100, but
when I try to print to the Canon (portable printer) I can't seem to
get it to work. I get a few wierd characters. I am wondering how do I
print to the i70. I want to be able to use both printers depending on
where I am at any given point in time.
Thanks in advance!!!
Regards,
Steve B.
PaceMkrRepREMOVE_NO_SPAM@Hotmail.com
Anonymous
October 24, 2004 8:09:48 PM

For what I know, this printer is still not supported by HP MP.

--
Helio Diamant - MS/MVP Mobile Devices
http://www.pocketpcfreak.com

"Steven B." <PaceMkrRepREMOVE_NO_SPAM@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D mvln0p7a2fq324fjl1l1mkoa9sfg0egpv@4ax.com...
> Hi all,
> I have a iPAQ 4150 with the current versions of HP MobilePrint and
> PrintPocket CE. I am trying to print a Repligo/pdf file on my iPAQ via
> IR to a Canon i70 printer. I'm not sure what printer driver that
> Repligo uses, but I can print just fine to my HP LaserJet 2100, but
> when I try to print to the Canon (portable printer) I can't seem to
> get it to work. I get a few wierd characters. I am wondering how do I
> print to the i70. I want to be able to use both printers depending on
> where I am at any given point in time.
> Thanks in advance!!!
> Regards,
> Steve B.
> PaceMkrRepREMOVE_NO_SPAM@Hotmail.com
Anonymous
October 25, 2004 12:26:01 AM

Thanks so much for the kind response Helio. I read that HP MP will
have a newer version available fro Download on Nov 1st. Hopefully the
driver will be supported on this update. Thanks again.

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 16:09:48 +0200, "Helio Diamant - MS/MVP, Mobile
Devices" <helio@nospam.pocketpcfreak.com> wrote:

>For what I know, this printer is still not supported by HP MP.

Thanks in advance!!!
Regards,
Steve B.
PaceMkrRepREMOVE_NO_SPAM@Hotmail.com
Anonymous
October 25, 2004 12:26:02 AM

> Thanks so much for the kind response Helio. I read that HP MP will
> have a newer version available fro Download on Nov 1st. Hopefully the
> driver will be supported on this update. Thanks again.

In the meantime, you can print to your i70 using
the BJC 50/80 choice in the current version of HP
Mobile Printing.

I've been doing it this way for over a year now, only problem
is that the HP software is not aware of the 4800 DPI capability
of the i70 and everything prints too small. If it's a Pocket Word
doc, I just select all and temporarily change the font to something
really large, and it prints OK.

Don't expect much support from HP on printers that
compete with theirs...like Canon's. What we really need
is Canon to step up to the plate and write their own PPC
printing app (OK, you can stop laughing now, I know it'll
never happen).

> On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 16:09:48 +0200, "Helio Diamant - MS/MVP, Mobile
> Devices" <helio@nospam.pocketpcfreak.com> wrote:
>
> >For what I know, this printer is still not supported by HP MP.
>
> Thanks in advance!!!
> Regards,
> Steve B.
> PaceMkrRepREMOVE_NO_SPAM@Hotmail.com
Anonymous
October 25, 2004 1:47:35 PM

I am also in the hopes that they will update the printers. I am having the
same problem with a printer from HP itself, the HP Officejet 4255
all-in-one.

--

!