Parrot

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2005
So, which part of CON-roe(note the emphasis) is clocked at 2.4GHz? Are there some internals clocked at maybe>2.4GHz? Let's wait and see until a REAL product ships and we can all have a CLOSE look at what's going on.

RE: AMD future.
Intel have been selling underperforming crap for many years and made $billions so why should'nt AMD-if that proves to be the case?':p'

RE: Super PI.
So here is the killer app. we have all been waiting for!!! STOP all gaming, business apps. etc, just do Super PI!!

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
So, which part of CON-roe(note the emphasis) is clocked at 2.4GHz? Are there some internals clocked at maybe>2.4GHz? Let's wait and see until a REAL product ships and we can all have a CLOSE look at what's going on.

Intel have been selling underperforming crap for many years and made $billions so why should'nt AMD-if that proves to be the case?':p'

RE: Super PI.
So here is the killer app. we have all been waiting for!!! STOP all gaming, business apps. etc, just do Super PI!!

The locals make another alt account.

7H4_D00D3

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005

Because, AMD hasnt any brainwashing phrase like "Intel Inside"

For YEARS the average joe has been bombarded with that, and I haven't seen many AMD ads on TV

In fact, where I live, ppl think of AMD as a cheap/crap/WTF? cpu brand, sad but true

7H4_D00D3

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
Well, AMD has sure made their share of cheap crap in the past, and that rep is hard to shake...

For the sake of avoiding a sh17storm (aka flaming) I'll not say a word about AMD doing crap or not...

BUT, what I will say is that when you make a crappy product you have to make one twice as good as the competition to mend for it

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
back in 2001 my friend had an Anthlon xp

i thought WTF ??? it must be slow and a waste

8O

But ypur friend realises that his Rig overclocked to 1700mhz like mine and can hold a strong fight against the

(Netburst)aka/.Shyttburst--- Pentium 4 Family
I can still out bench most of the Non-HT Pentium Computers No matter what speed With my 1700+@ 1700mhz (136X12.5)

FITCamaro

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2006
Anyone else just wishing AM2 and Conroe would just come out so people will shut the f*ck up and stop making countless threads dedicated to praising something that isn't even out yet.

Christ. And my parents wonder why I don't consider myself Catholic anymore. If there was a just and loving god he'd strike down all these idiots.

Seriously. Some of you will never loose your virginity to anything but your right hand (or left) as you wack it to a f*ckin CPU benchmark.

rippleyaliens

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
i second that.. the waiting game is killing me,
i am on economic embargo from spending any more computer money, till
1. direct-x 10 vid cards hit
2 conroe / amd2. whatever else those 2 numbnuts can release.
3. standard on what freaking ram, 667 / 800 / 1000 / 1333?

7H4_D00D3

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
Anyone else just wishing AM2 and Conroe would just come out so people will shut the f*ck up and stop making countless threads dedicated to praising something that isn't even out yet.

Christ. And my parents wonder why I don't consider myself Catholic anymore. If there was a just and loving god he'd strike down all these idiots.

Seriously. Some of you will never loose your virginity to anything but your right hand (or left) as you wack it to a f*ckin CPU benchmark.

I couldn't agree more

Parrot

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2005

Ummm-you obviously have many unresolved issues! No prizes for guessing how you lost YOUR virginity!!! You also want to kill people, or at least get someone else to do it for you. I think people in WHITE COATS will pay YOU a visit soon!!!!!!!!!! If you don't like the thread, then don't join in-there is no compulsion to do so!!!

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
hehe, seems like Intels Finally lost its Virginity to AMD-"FX" line. They're finally starting to compare Processers head to head, going against their " never compare processers to anyone else execpt our own"

Check this video out

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8448533559889677009&q=conroe&pl=true

can any one translate? because he seems just to go on about Intels improvements rather than why it's really better..AhhhHemm(*rigged) AHEhHeM!!

iterations

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2006
hehe, seems like Intels Finally lost its Virginity to AMD-"FX" line. They're finally starting to compare Processers head to head, going against their " never compare processers to anyone else execpt our own"

Check this video out

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8448533559889677009&q=conroe&pl=true

can any one translate? because he seems just to go on about Intels improvements rather than why it's really better..AhhhHemm(*rigged) AHEhHeM!!
Again, not sure why you are posting this in every thread. He was accurately comparing the performance between the two systems in the benchmark he was presenting. That is all.

If you want to see a benchmark with a more grounded reference outside of control from Intel, here is a link to the bit-tech.net guys doing their standard FEAR timedomo benchmark which they can compare to their own in house, tweaked FX-60 system.

Conroe Benchmark

Long story short, thier tweaked in-house outside-of-intel-control system gets 253fps while the conroe demolishes it with 346fps. It appears that the conroe performance might be even BETTER than the Intel sanctioned benchmarks have shown so far.

Cheers!

ProdigyMS

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
Wow, those benchmarks are about worthless. They compare a next gen Conroe, to a current gen AMD. WTF is the point in that? Of course the newer gen of processors are going to be better. But I really don't care who is better, as long as I get a good bang for my buck. I just want some faster toys.

RichPLS

Champion
Correction, prodigical son, those benchmarks are comparing Conroe to an OverClocked FX-60 stock at 2.6GHz, but benchmarked for comparison using 2.8GHz...
That is the equivalent of the FX-62, which is future technology also.

qurious69ss

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2006
i not a fanboy but intel is like freaking wal-mart...on top of the world and the over advertise over AMD

Well why it's true that intel's revenue is about the same as wal-mart (38b give or take a few billion), they do at least pay their employees a little more. Intel employee on average >100k, while a wal-mart employee on average <16k.

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
Yeah, If intel Stared Paying all their 100K empolyees that much their profits might skyrocket, but you gotta consider that Most Intel Employees have wasted half their lives Going to anf fro University to get a pittyfull degree or diploma then worked their asses of just to apply and Wait for Intel to accept them. After all that they get in and make 100K. Notbad i think they would deserve it. on the other hand Wal-mart workers making 16K a year. wow overpayed :twisted: !!!! they dont deserve more than 10K for their High School Dropout Diploma

To whichever site's credit (the site that benched them at decent resolution), numbers at 640x480 are not really all that impressive, if the advantage has disappeared by 1280x1024. However, it appeared Conroe still had approx 20% framerate advantage at high res, which is quite startling...

MasterLee

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2006
Yes, I do, then it'll be something else that we will grow weary of.
I thought they wanted the Bald Eagle population to grow, someone screwed up and let the Morons go at it too.
The future is alarmingly uncertain...........

G

Maybe its been answered in another thread, this guy is just talking about the RIG.

They're running quake4 wich is acccording too him the benchmark that shows the most conservative improvements.

They're using a RD580 in the Amd system with 2-2-2 1T ram, with the latest bios and everything that people online complained about.

The reporter also mention to him its the first time Intel use a AMD system too show off and he said yeah and its probably the last time too.

Anyway, intel seams in too regain as much share as possible, they're making huge price cut and are waiting to throw conroe in the wild. So lets just wait and see =)