reinstall win98?...help please

terry

Win98
I/O & I/E v6
Due to problems with fonts, symbols etc.etc. explained in my post here, I am
considering reinstalling win98 but unsure if I lose any settings in
explorers' etc.
Any suggestions please.

Terry

Terry wrote:
> Win98
> I/O & I/E v6
> Due to problems with fonts, symbols etc.etc. explained in my post
> here, I am considering reinstalling win98 but unsure if I lose any
> settings in explorers' etc.

No, not if you install "over the top".

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Very true, dadiOh but the user may face unexpected problems with an "over the
top" install as compared to a clean install. I wonder is it really necessary
to go to this extreme just for fonts or are there other problems that I am
not aware of.

:
: No, not if you install "over the top".
:
: --
: dadiOH
: ____________________________
:
: dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
: ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from
: LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that.
: Get it at http://mysite.verizon.net/xico
:
:

Dan wrote:
> Very true, dadiOh but the user may face unexpected problems with an
> "over the top" install as compared to a clean install. I wonder is
> it really necessary to go to this extreme just for fonts or are there
> other problems that I am not aware of.

Beats me, I was just answering his current question :)

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Gotcha, I wonder if Terry will post back. <:?>

: Dan wrote:
[...]

Never mind, Terry posted back and I had a few issues associated with the time
clock and Wallwatcher on my computer that are now fixed so if the date seemed
weird then just ignore it because all is fine now.

: : Dan wrote:
: : > Very true, dadiOh but the user may face unexpected problems with an
: : > "over the top" install as compared to a clean install. I wonder is
: : > it really necessary to go to this extreme just for fonts or are there
: : > other problems that I am not aware of.
: :
: : Beats me, I was just answering his current question :)
: :
: : --
: : dadiOH
: : ____________________________
: :
: : dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
: : ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from
: : LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that.
: : Get it at http://mysite.verizon.net/xico
: :
: :
:
:

terry

Problem solved by post reply from FRANK SAUNDERS.......renewed the ttf
"Marlette".
Thanks to those who contributed.

Terry

> Dan wrote:
> > Very true, dadiOh but the user may face unexpected problems with an
> > "over the top" install as compared to a clean install. I wonder is
> > it really necessary to go to this extreme just for fonts or are there
> > other problems that I am not aware of.
>
> Beats me, I was just answering his current question :)
>
> --
> dadiOH
> ____________________________
>
> dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Can you post the full solution as a service to all of us. Thanks for your
time and contribution, Terry. I appreciate it.

: > Dan wrote:
: > > Very true, dadiOh but the user may face unexpected problems with an
: > > "over the top" install as compared to a clean install. I wonder is
: > > it really necessary to go to this extreme just for fonts or are there
: > > other problems that I am not aware of.
: >
: > Beats me, I was just answering his current question :)
: >
: > --
: > dadiOH
: > ____________________________
: >
: > dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
: > ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from
: > LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that.
: > Get it at http://mysite.verizon.net/xico
: >
: >
:
:

terry

Fonts problem solved guys..posted by Frank Saunders in another group (OE)
It was curred by renewing the MARLETTE.TTF
My post now solved...phew!!!
Terry

> Very true, dadiOh but the user may face unexpected problems with an "over
the
> top" install as compared to a clean install. I wonder is it really
necessary
> to go to this extreme just for fonts or are there other problems that I am
> not aware of.
>
> "dadiOH" <dadiOH@x-mail.net> wrote in message
> : Terry wrote:
> : > Win98
> : > I/O & I/E v6
> : > Due to problems with fonts, symbols etc.etc. explained in my post
> : > here, I am considering reinstalling win98 but unsure if I lose any
> : > settings in explorers' etc.
> :
> : No, not if you install "over the top".
> :
> : --
> : dadiOH
> : ____________________________
> :
> : dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
> : ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from
> : LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that.
> : Get it at http://mysite.verizon.net/xico
> :
> :

terry

The solution to my problem of unwanted smaller text, and title bar letters
instead of an underscore, square, and a X, was to delete "ttfcache" in the
windows folder.
Upon reboot all back to normal.
Thanks posters.
Terry
> Can you post the full solution as a service to all of us. Thanks for your
> time and contribution, Terry. I appreciate it.
>
> "Terry" <terrybetts11138@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> : Problem solved by post reply from FRANK SAUNDERS.......renewed the ttf
> : "Marlette".
> : Thanks to those who contributed.
> :
> : Terry
> :
> : "dadiOH" <dadiOH@x-mail.net> wrote in message
> : news:#OvKbj#IFHA.1360@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> : > Dan wrote:
> : > > Very true, dadiOh but the user may face unexpected problems with an
> : > > "over the top" install as compared to a clean install. I wonder is
> : > > it really necessary to go to this extreme just for fonts or are
there
> : > > other problems that I am not aware of.
> : >
> : > Beats me, I was just answering his current question :)
> : >
> : > --
> : > dadiOH
> : > ____________________________
> : >
> : > dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
> : > ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from
> : > LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that.
> : > Get it at http://mysite.verizon.net/xico
> : >
> : >
> :
> :

At some stage, I have read your posts here and there,
http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?q=terrybetts11138&start=0&scoring=d&ie=UTF-8&
though I do not understand why you want to reinstall instead of
posting your problem in one concise post as some of us are old and
grumpy (not necessarily Bear, probably just me) and don't have the
patience to read all your posts to find what your problem is. (You
don't say here)

Please consider posting on the assumption that none of us has read any
of your posts on this newsgroup or all the others.

Have a look here, but if you do a clean install, then of course you
will lose all settings.

http://home.satx.rr.com/badour/html/w98_restore.html

....Alan

--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

In microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion, "Terry"
<terrybetts11138@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Win98
>I/O & I/E v6
>Due to problems with fonts, symbols etc.etc. explained in my post here, I am
>considering reinstalling win98 but unsure if I lose any settings in
>explorers' etc.
>Any suggestions please.
>
>Terry

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

You are most welcome. I am glad it is fixed.

: The solution to my problem of unwanted smaller text, and title bar letters
: instead of an underscore, square, and a X, was to delete "ttfcache" in the
: windows folder.
: Upon reboot all back to normal.
: Thanks posters.
: Terry
: "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
: news:uNDUyA$IFHA.4028@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
: > Can you post the full solution as a service to all of us. Thanks for
your
: > time and contribution, Terry. I appreciate it.
: >
: > "Terry" <terrybetts11138@hotmail.com> wrote in message
: > news:up0Dc8%23IFHA.3332@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
: > : Problem solved by post reply from FRANK SAUNDERS.......renewed the ttf
: > : "Marlette".
: > : Thanks to those who contributed.
: > :
: > : Terry
: > :
: > : > Dan wrote:
: > : > > Very true, dadiOh but the user may face unexpected problems with an
: > : > > "over the top" install as compared to a clean install. I wonder is
: > : > > it really necessary to go to this extreme just for fonts or are
: there
: > : > > other problems that I am not aware of.
: > : >
: > : > Beats me, I was just answering his current question :)
: > : >
: > : > dadiOH
: > : >