Windows 98 and SE

Could you tell me the main differences between Windows 98 and 98SE...??

Many Thanks..;-)
8 answers Last reply
More about windows

    On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 12:54:39 -0000, "Simon" <showells@ismeca.uk.com>
    wrote:

    >Could you tell me the main differences between Windows 98 and 98SE...??
    >
    >Many Thanks..;-)

    Only a part of the improvements:

    -- Support of the processors faster than 2.1GHz
    -- USB support
    -- Internet Connect Sharing support
    -- Less security holes (what does not mean you haven't install Win98SE
    updates -- more that 50 updates total)
    -- More stable system

    --
    Mikhail Zhilin
    http://www.aha.ru/~mwz

    Also,

    1. USB support for USB 2.0 through 3rd party drivers
    2. Better Driver Management
    3. Windows Media Player 9 only for 98SE and better
    4. Other stuff but this is all that I can think of for now that Mikhail has
    not mentioned

    "Mikhail Zhilin" <mwz@x.REMOVEx.aha.ru> wrote in message
    : On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 12:54:39 -0000, "Simon" <showells@ismeca.uk.com>
    : wrote:
    :
    : >Could you tell me the main differences between Windows 98 and 98SE...??
    : >
    : >Many Thanks..;-)
    :
    : Only a part of the improvements:
    :
    : -- Support of the processors faster than 2.1GHz
    : -- USB support
    : -- Internet Connect Sharing support
    : -- Less security holes (what does not mean you haven't install Win98SE
    : updates -- more that 50 updates total)
    : -- More stable system
    :
    : --
    : ======

    On 3/8/05 6:24 PM India Time, _Simon_ wrote:

    > Could you tell me the main differences between Windows 98 and 98SE...??
    >
    > Many Thanks..;-)

    While we are at it, could someone please tell the
    differences between sub version nos. of win98

    4.10.2222

    4.10.2222A

    4.10.2222B

    I think that was all, but not sure.

    Which one exactly is win98SE?

    --
    Rawat

    Where are you seeing those numbers? I suppose in some places the letter
    will not show. But those are all Win98SE... 4.10.2222.

    The "Security Update CD" will change an " A " to a "B" (it drops the
    spaces) in the Registry key...

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    SubVersionNumber " A " <<STRING

    ....& that will show up at certain informational requestors.

    --
    Thanks or Good Luck,
    There may be humor in this post, and,
    "V S Rawat" <VSRawat@HCLInfinet.com> wrote in message
    | On 3/8/05 6:24 PM India Time, _Simon_ wrote:
    |
    | > Could you tell me the main differences between Windows 98 and
    98SE...??

    | > Many Thanks..;-)
    | >

    | While we are at it, could someone please tell the
    | differences between sub version nos. of win98
    |
    | 4.10.2222
    |
    | 4.10.2222A
    |
    | 4.10.2222B
    |
    | I think that was all, but not sure.
    |
    | Which one exactly is win98SE?
    |
    | --
    | Rawat

    Hi Dan,,,,,
    I meant to catch up with you in another post regarding
    system use, but I cant remember the post.
    Anyway, and seeing as you are in this top post,
    I wanted to ask if you come into this newsgroup via using XP or
    via using WIN98?
    I am curious to know how many posters here are actually in the
    win98 o/s while they post......... seem like a fair question?

    regards Jane

    I post in this newsgroup with 98SE because it is my favorite os. I also have
    Mozilla Thunderbird loaded and ready to go if a security vulnerability hits
    Outlook Express that makes it dangerous to post with the Outlook Express
    newsreader.

    jane wrote:
    > Hi Dan,,,,,
    > I meant to catch up with you in another post regarding
    > system use, but I cant remember the post.
    > Anyway, and seeing as you are in this top post,
    > I wanted to ask if you come into this newsgroup via using XP or
    > via using WIN98?
    > I am curious to know how many posters here are actually in the
    > win98 o/s while they post......... seem like a fair question?
    >
    > regards Jane

    This is you Jane.
    Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1106
    Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1106

    And this is Dan.
    Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1437
    Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1441

    Gathered by Netscape from "unmentionable" in this company OS.

    Stanislaw
    Slack user from Ulladulla.

    I'm trying to understand your aggressive combativeness in this group,
    and why it is so important to you that you need to pretend that others
    here say or believe things that they simply do not say or believe. Name
    one application that is "unmentionable" in this venue. Your last
    sentence, below, is entirely gratuitous and has no bearing on the
    conversation, since such information can be garnered from the headers of
    any news post, using any client.

    Actually, your entire response begs the question--how does any of that
    information suggest which OS is being used?

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS MVP Shell/User

    "Stanislaw Flatto" <compaid@shoalhaven.net.au> wrote in message
    > jane wrote:
    > > Hi Dan,,,,,
    > > I meant to catch up with you in another post regarding
    > > system use, but I cant remember the post.
    > > Anyway, and seeing as you are in this top post,
    > > I wanted to ask if you come into this newsgroup via using XP or
    > > via using WIN98?
    > > I am curious to know how many posters here are actually in the
    > > win98 o/s while they post......... seem like a fair
    question?

    > > regards Jane
    > >

    > This is you Jane.
    > Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1106
    > Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1106
    >

    > And this is Dan.
    > Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1437
    > Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1441
    >
    > Gathered by Netscape from "unmentionable" in this company OS.
    >
    > Stanislaw
    > Slack user from Ulladulla.

Windows 98 Microsoft Windows