Norton Internet Security 2005 & defragging

Followed Norton instructions to temporarily turn off security protectrion,
along with other programs, so I could scan disk and then defrag. Scan disk
was no problem but have not been able to defrag - program starts over and
over after reaching 10% or so. Contacted Norton and was told it is a
Microsoft problem. Now what?
--
One unsafe act can render you brainless!

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Another reason to say away from Norton (Symantec) products and use competing
programs such as E-Trust Computer Associates EZARMOR or ZoneAlarm Pro -- even
though I am currently not happy about the tvdumpflags=10 thing that is just
sloppy programming imo as well as having to uncheck things when EZARMOR on my
XPPRO. side has it unchecked by default. I may end up having to buy EZARMOR
for 98SE or install it on my 98SE side too. I have to check with CA to see
if I have to buy another copy or if the one purchase covers two licenses. I
do not want to be labeled as a software pirate. My AntiVir is currently
having problems updating and I will resolve that issue but this is yet
another reason for me to go back to Computer Associate's EZARMOR for
protection. I also am awaiting the expiration date of ZA PRO. and will
probably not renew due to ZA PRO. becoming a weaker program that it used to
be because of the sloppy programming even though most would say it is not a
big deal it may be the beginning of the end for me using ZA PRO. on my 98SE
side for protection. It seeems a lot of times when companies get too big
then the companies get sloppy and forget about the basics of good programming
and letting the user and Microsoft control their own operating system. It
all comes down to control and that is the primary reason that I now like 98SE
better than XPPRO because the power user can get down the the true MSDOS
level as compared to a shell and really change things. <rant over> LOL!!

"Rimatash" <Rimatash@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: Followed Norton instructions to temporarily turn off security protectrion,
: along with other programs, so I could scan disk and then defrag. Scan disk
: was no problem but have not been able to defrag - program starts over and
: over after reaching 10% or so. Contacted Norton and was told it is a
: Microsoft problem. Now what?
: --
: One unsafe act can render you brainless!