Execute some programs after login

gus

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2003

Hi! I work in a school and I have 15 computers and one server. I'm looking
for applications that let me automatize several things.
For example, I need to execute some programs after using logins: check
files, reconstruct start menu (copy valid links from server), erase
unnecesary files from desktop, etc.

Do you know any app to do this? Maybe a scripting program?
By now I use a .bat but I have to manually configure its execution with
regedit, and I want to do this in an automated way.

Thanks!

I'm not clear on your question. Do you need a program to perform these
various chores for you, or do you simply need a better way to launch
them?

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User

"Gus" <no2@s.com> wrote in message
> Hi! I work in a school and I have 15 computers and one server. I'm
looking
> for applications that let me automatize several things.
> For example, I need to execute some programs after using logins: check
> files, reconstruct start menu (copy valid links from server), erase
> unnecesary files from desktop, etc.
>
> Do you know any app to do this? Maybe a scripting program?
> By now I use a .bat but I have to manually configure its execution
with
> regedit, and I want to do this in an automated way.
>

> Thanks!

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"I'm looking for applications that let me automatize several things." --
From Gus
Gary it sounds like the user wants a program to help perform these chores for
him.

: I'm not clear on your question. Do you need a program to perform these
: various chores for you, or do you simply need a better way to launch
: them?
:
: --
: Gary S. Terhune
: MS MVP Shell/User
: http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm
: http://www.grystmill.com/articles/security.htm
:
: "Gus" <no2@s.com> wrote in message
: news:OrWFCeKJFHA.2356@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
: > Hi! I work in a school and I have 15 computers and one server. I'm
: looking
: > for applications that let me automatize several things.
: > For example, I need to execute some programs after using logins: check
: > files, reconstruct start menu (copy valid links from server), erase
: > unnecesary files from desktop, etc.
: >
: > Do you know any app to do this? Maybe a scripting program?
: > By now I use a .bat but I have to manually configure its execution
: with
: > regedit, and I want to do this in an automated way.
: >
: >
: > Thanks!
: >
: >
: >
: >
:

gus

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2003

I found AutoIt. It's perfect for what I need.
Thanks.

"Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
> "I'm looking for applications that let me automatize several things." --
> From Gus
> Gary it sounds like the user wants a program to help perform these chores
for
> him.

> : I'm not clear on your question. Do you need a program to perform these
> : various chores for you, or do you simply need a better way to launch
> : them?
> :
> : --
> : Gary S. Terhune
> : MS MVP Shell/User
> : http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm
> : http://www.grystmill.com/articles/security.htm
> :
> : "Gus" <no2@s.com> wrote in message
> : news:OrWFCeKJFHA.2356@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> : > Hi! I work in a school and I have 15 computers and one server. I'm
> : looking
> : > for applications that let me automatize several things.
> : > For example, I need to execute some programs after using logins: check
> : > files, reconstruct start menu (copy valid links from server), erase
> : > unnecesary files from desktop, etc.
> : >
> : > Do you know any app to do this? Maybe a scripting program?
> : > By now I use a .bat but I have to manually configure its execution
> : with
> : > regedit, and I want to do this in an automated way.
> : >
> : >
> : > Thanks!
> : >
> : >
> : >
> : >
> :

Yeah, that prog can be real handy, <s>. I'm still interested in the
answer to my question, though, if you have the time.