ERROR: Invalid page fault in module EXPLORER.EXE at 015f:0..

Can someone please help me resolve my problem? Upon starting MS Windows 98,
I see the MS Windows screen then it appears to start loading programs as
usual, then i get the above ERROR message. I then restarted via SAFE mode,
but there were no desktop icons. Upon checking Program Manager, I only see
'Runapp' and no other programs listed. I checked my memory via DOS prompt,
and everything looks normal (but I really am not a DOS user, so I'm limited
in my ability to use DOS commands). I restarted again and tried step by step
confirmation, but again, I only get the above ERROR message.

I don't have the CD - or - the diskettes for loading MS Windows 98. Is
there a way to restore my MS Windows 98 otherwise?

I appreciate your time and help very much .. thank you!!!

Terry
17 answers Last reply
More about error invalid page fault module explorer 015f

    "tgregg99" <tgregg99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Can someone please help me resolve my problem? Upon starting MS Windows
    > 98,
    > I see the MS Windows screen then it appears to start loading programs as
    > usual, then i get the above ERROR message. I then restarted via SAFE
    > mode,
    > but there were no desktop icons. Upon checking Program Manager, I only
    > see
    > 'Runapp' and no other programs listed. I checked my memory via DOS
    > prompt,
    > and everything looks normal (but I really am not a DOS user, so I'm
    > limited
    > in my ability to use DOS commands). I restarted again and tried step by
    > step
    > confirmation, but again, I only get the above ERROR message.
    >
    > I don't have the CD - or - the diskettes for loading MS Windows 98. Is
    > there a way to restore my MS Windows 98 otherwise?
    >
    > I appreciate your time and help very much .. thank you!!!
    >
    > Terry

    does this apply?

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=219269

    if not , google exact phrase " Invalid page fault in module EXPLORER.EXE at
    015f:00401f31" lots of hits

    Follow the procedures here:
    Recovering From a Failed Internet Explorer Upgrade in Windows 98:
    http://www.cs.bsu.edu/~gjjones/administrivia/stories/2003/03/21/recoveringFromAFailedInternetExplorerUpgradeInWindows98.html
    or
    http://tinyurl.com/r5ba

    Especially this section at the end:

    "If you still have boot problems after you reboot, you should use the command prompt
    to edit the c:\windows\system.ini file. On the command line type edit
    c:\windows\system.ini.

    "Once it is open, change the line shell=explorer.exe to shell=progman.exe. What you
    are doing here is changing the default shell (that is having problems) from the
    Windows Explorer to the old Windows Program Manager shell.

    "Reboot Windows. It should now successfully boot with no errors into an empty
    Program Manager shell. Use the File | Run | Browse drop down menu selection to
    browse to c:\program files\internet explorer and launch ie5setup.exe or ie6setup.exe
    (depending on what is there). Do a custom install and check all the Bold faced
    options. When the setup program alerts you that these files are already installed,
    tell it to reinstall all of the files.

    "When the Internet Explorer Setup program is done and reboots, hit the F8 key to
    bring up a Boot Menu. Choose Command Prompt and boot to the command prompt. Once
    there, type edit c:\windows\system.ini and, once it is open, change the line
    shell=progman.exe back to shell=explorer.exe. Save and exit the file. You have now
    set the shell back to the original value."
    --
    Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "tgregg99" <tgregg99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Can someone please help me resolve my problem? Upon starting MS Windows 98,
    > I see the MS Windows screen then it appears to start loading programs as
    > usual, then i get the above ERROR message. I then restarted via SAFE mode,
    > but there were no desktop icons. Upon checking Program Manager, I only see
    > 'Runapp' and no other programs listed. I checked my memory via DOS prompt,
    > and everything looks normal (but I really am not a DOS user, so I'm limited
    > in my ability to use DOS commands). I restarted again and tried step by step
    > confirmation, but again, I only get the above ERROR message.
    >
    > I don't have the CD - or - the diskettes for loading MS Windows 98. Is
    > there a way to restore my MS Windows 98 otherwise?
    >
    > I appreciate your time and help very much .. thank you!!!
    >
    > Terry

    Before trying the procedure mentioned in my first reply, you may want to try this
    first:
    Boot to DOS Mode by accessing the boot menu at startup and selecting Command Prompt
    Only (you get to the boot menu the same way you get to it when you selected Safe
    Mode).
    At the DOS Prompt, type:
    scanreg /restore
    and press Enter.
    Select one of the backups (rb###.cab files) dated JUST prior to when the problem
    occurred.
    --

    > Follow the procedures here:
    > Recovering From a Failed Internet Explorer Upgrade in Windows 98:

    http://www.cs.bsu.edu/~gjjones/administrivia/stories/2003/03/21/recoveringFromAFailedInternetExplorerUpgradeInWindows98.html
    > or
    > http://tinyurl.com/r5ba
    >
    > Especially this section at the end:
    >
    > "If you still have boot problems after you reboot, you should use the command
    prompt
    > to edit the c:\windows\system.ini file. On the command line type edit
    > c:\windows\system.ini.
    >
    > "Once it is open, change the line shell=explorer.exe to shell=progman.exe. What
    you
    > are doing here is changing the default shell (that is having problems) from the
    > Windows Explorer to the old Windows Program Manager shell.
    >
    > "Reboot Windows. It should now successfully boot with no errors into an empty
    > Program Manager shell. Use the File | Run | Browse drop down menu selection to
    > browse to c:\program files\internet explorer and launch ie5setup.exe or
    ie6setup.exe
    > (depending on what is there). Do a custom install and check all the Bold faced
    > options. When the setup program alerts you that these files are already installed,
    > tell it to reinstall all of the files.
    >
    > "When the Internet Explorer Setup program is done and reboots, hit the F8 key to
    > bring up a Boot Menu. Choose Command Prompt and boot to the command prompt. Once
    > there, type edit c:\windows\system.ini and, once it is open, change the line
    > shell=progman.exe back to shell=explorer.exe. Save and exit the file. You have now
    > set the shell back to the original value."
    > --
    > Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >

    > "tgregg99" <tgregg99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Can someone please help me resolve my problem? Upon starting MS Windows 98,
    > > I see the MS Windows screen then it appears to start loading programs as
    > > usual, then i get the above ERROR message. I then restarted via SAFE mode,
    > > but there were no desktop icons. Upon checking Program Manager, I only see
    > > 'Runapp' and no other programs listed. I checked my memory via DOS prompt,
    > > and everything looks normal (but I really am not a DOS user, so I'm limited
    > > in my ability to use DOS commands). I restarted again and tried step by step
    > > confirmation, but again, I only get the above ERROR message.
    > >
    > > I don't have the CD - or - the diskettes for loading MS Windows 98. Is
    > > there a way to restore my MS Windows 98 otherwise?
    > >
    > > I appreciate your time and help very much .. thank you!!!
    > >
    > > Terry

    Thank you so much .. all good. I'll give your suggestions a try and let you
    know if and what worked to resolve my problem.
    Terry

    "glee" wrote:

> [...]
    > > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    > >

    > > "tgregg99" <tgregg99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > Can someone please help me resolve my problem? Upon starting MS Windows 98,
    > > > I see the MS Windows screen then it appears to start loading programs as
    > > > usual, then i get the above ERROR message. I then restarted via SAFE mode,
    > > > but there were no desktop icons. Upon checking Program Manager, I only see
    > > > 'Runapp' and no other programs listed. I checked my memory via DOS prompt,
    > > > and everything looks normal (but I really am not a DOS user, so I'm limited
    > > > in my ability to use DOS commands). I restarted again and tried step by step
    > > > confirmation, but again, I only get the above ERROR message.
    > > >
    > > > I don't have the CD - or - the diskettes for loading MS Windows 98. Is
    > > > there a way to restore my MS Windows 98 otherwise?
    > > >
    > > > I appreciate your time and help very much .. thank you!!!

    Thank you!!!

    "Haggis" wrote:

    > "tgregg99" <tgregg99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Can someone please help me resolve my problem? Upon starting MS Windows
    > > 98,
    > > I see the MS Windows screen then it appears to start loading programs as
    > > usual, then i get the above ERROR message. I then restarted via SAFE
    > > mode,
    > > but there were no desktop icons. Upon checking Program Manager, I only
    > > see
    > > 'Runapp' and no other programs listed. I checked my memory via DOS
    > > prompt,
    > > and everything looks normal (but I really am not a DOS user, so I'm
    > > limited
    > > in my ability to use DOS commands). I restarted again and tried step by
    > > step
    > > confirmation, but again, I only get the above ERROR message.
    > >
    > > I don't have the CD - or - the diskettes for loading MS Windows 98. Is
    > > there a way to restore my MS Windows 98 otherwise?
    > >
    > > I appreciate your time and help very much .. thank you!!!
    > >
    > > Terry
    > >
    > does this apply?
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=219269
    >
    > if not , google exact phrase " Invalid page fault in module EXPLORER.EXE at
    > 015f:00401f31" lots of hits

    Glee ...

    I tried using DOS command 'scanreg /restore' and selecting the backup
    (rb###.cab files) -- i tried each one, rebooting each time, but that didn't
    work. I also used the DOS command to 'edit the c:\windows\system.ini' file
    and replaced 'explorer.exe' with 'progman.exe' where you told me, then saved
    and rebooted, then got an error that 'progman.exe could not be found, must
    reinstall windows' or something to that effect.

    One other thing i forgot to mention. I downloaded Windows updates to my pc,
    the night before my Windows crashed. One or two of the updates were for IE6.

    Any other suggestions? Thank you for helping me with this!!!!

    Terry

    "glee" wrote:

> [...]
    > > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    > >

    > > "tgregg99" <tgregg99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > Can someone please help me resolve my problem? Upon starting MS Windows 98,
    > > > I see the MS Windows screen then it appears to start loading programs as
    > > > usual, then i get the above ERROR message. I then restarted via SAFE mode,
    > > > but there were no desktop icons. Upon checking Program Manager, I only see
    > > > 'Runapp' and no other programs listed. I checked my memory via DOS prompt,
    > > > and everything looks normal (but I really am not a DOS user, so I'm limited
    > > > in my ability to use DOS commands). I restarted again and tried step by step
    > > > confirmation, but again, I only get the above ERROR message.
    > > >
    > > > I don't have the CD - or - the diskettes for loading MS Windows 98. Is
    > > > there a way to restore my MS Windows 98 otherwise?
    > > >
    > > > I appreciate your time and help very much .. thank you!!!

    Each time you use a different .cab file backup in scanreg /restore, you are
    replacing the Registry with the one using that dat, and "going back" to that date as
    far as the Registry is concerned. So, if none of the restores helped the problem,
    you should go back and restore the most recent backup prior to when you began the
    restoring experiment (Of course, if you onlty went back a couple of days, there
    should not be much difference other than the entries for the updates you did).

    Following that, use the info mentioned in the link I gave you to reinstall IE, but
    instead of progman.exe, use winfile.exe.

    Post back with your results.
    --
    Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
    ~ In memory of our friend, MVP Alex Nichol ~

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> [...]
    > > > Program Manager shell. Use the File | Run | Browse drop down menu selection to
    > > > browse to c:\program files\internet explorer and launch ie5setup.exe or
    > > ie6setup.exe
    > > > (depending on what is there). Do a custom install and check all the Bold faced
    > > > options. When the setup program alerts you that these files are already
    installed,
    > > > tell it to reinstall all of the files.
    > > >
    > > > "When the Internet Explorer Setup program is done and reboots, hit the F8 key
    > > > bring up a Boot Menu. Choose Command Prompt and boot to the command prompt.
    Once
    > > > there, type edit c:\windows\system.ini and, once it is open, change the line
    > > > shell=progman.exe back to shell=explorer.exe. Save and exit the file. You have
    now
    > > > set the shell back to the original value."

    I still feel the likely fix is to reinstall IE6 over itself, but you cannot get the
    setup file you have on the hard drive to load, and you cannot get online to download
    it. I suggest you find someone who has a copy of IE6 SP1 on a CD, and follow the
    over-install instructions I gave you, running the setup on the CD. Many CDs found
    in computer magazines have IE6 SP1 in a folder on the disc. In fact, many free AOL
    discs have a hidden sub-folder with IE6 installer in it....often in a
    "\Browsers\Msie" folder.
    You must make sure that "Show all files" is enabled in Windows Explorer, and bypass
    the autorun routine of the AOL CD :
    Click Start> Settings> Folder Options> View tab, and click to enable "Show All
    Files" and click OK.
    Hold down the SHIFT key on the keyboard while inserting a recent AOL disc, to bypass
    autorun. Then open Windows Explorer and look for the folder with IE6 setup files.
    --
    http://aumha.org/alex.htm
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> [...]
    > Windows configuration" on the resultant menu that was displayed was grayed
    > out/disabled.
    >
    > And I tried the IE6 repair command you sent again but nothing happened when
    > i selected the "Repair IE Explorer" (my words, not sure exact words). When I
    > tried 'Add a Component' I got an error message "Cannot find Windows Update
    > Setup Files on this computer. Please choose Windows Update under your IE
    > Tools menu to add components to IE.' Of course, I cannot do this as I cannot
    > get an icon on desktop or launch 'ie6setup.exe' as noted above. I believe
    > there was a 3rd option but it was grayed out/disabled.
    >
    > So ... it "appears" I have 'EXPLORER.EXE' and 'ie6setup.exe' files ... but I
    > still have no desktop/icons upon re-booting Windows98. I tried replacing
    > 'Shell=Winfile' with 'Shell=Explorer.exe' and rebooting, but still nothing.
    > And i tried again via DOS to scanreg /restrore and selecting the last
    > registry on the list (it always specifies 'Started' and is a date right
    > before my problem occurred) but again no desktop/icons upon re-booting
    > Windows98.
    >
    > I hope this helps you .. help me. I am trying to avoid calling and paying
    > the $35 but will if I absolutely have to. I am currently unemployed so your
    > online support really helps me out right now. Thank you.
    >
    > Terry
    >
    > "glee" wrote:
    >
    > > Please make sure you are telling us the right names of the files you are
    referring
    > > to. There is no "explorer.exe" in the location "c:\progra~1\intern~2".....the
    file
    > > there would be iexplore.exe, and there may be also an "ie6setup.exe". Post back
    > > with the correct information please.
    > >
    > > The instructions given were to find "ie6setup.exe" and run it if found, choosing
    > > Minimal-Custom and selecting the items already in bold print. Did you find
    > > "ie6setup.exe" in the location "c:\progra~1\intern~2" or any of its sub-folders?
    > > You can also look for it in the C:\Program Files\WindowsUpdate folder tree, or
    the
    > > C:\Windows\Windows Update Setup Files folder tree......I forget which it may be
    in,
    > > as I usually install IE from CD rather than from a download. In fact, if you
    cannot
    > > find the setup file in any of those locations, you may have IE6 SP1 on a CD
    > > somewhere, as it often is included on CD's in magazines.
    > >
    > > Another option is to uninstall IE6 by pasting the following line into the Run
    > > dialog:
    > > RUNDLL32 SETUPWBV.DLL,IE6Maintenance
    > > and choosing the option to "Restore the previous Windows configuration" from the
    > > menu that appears. After that, install IE6 either from a CD or from download,
    > > assuming that this allows you to boot normally again.
    > > --
    > > Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
    > > ~ In memory of our friend, MVP Alex Nichol ~

    Perhaps I am missing something here, but I'd swear the OP already said he could not
    do this.
    --

    > This one is an uninstall of IE (to revert to an earlier version)...
    > snip

    Maybe. I wasn't sure whether he tried an uninstall or over-install. This
    one goes to the folder...

    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Setup, or
    C:\Progra~1\Intern~1\Setup

    ....and runs Setup.exe from in there.

    --
    Thanks or Good Luck,
    There may be humor in this post, and,
    | Perhaps I am missing something here, but I'd swear the OP already said
    he could not
    | do this.
    | --
    | Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
    | ~ In memory of our friend, MVP Alex Nichol ~
    | http://aumha.org/alex.htm
    | http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    | > This one is an uninstall of IE (to revert to an earlier version)...
    | > snip

    as stated earlier, my cd drive does not work.

    "glee" wrote:

> [...]
    > > > C:\Windows\Windows Update Setup Files folder tree......I forget which it may be
    > in,
    > > > as I usually install IE from CD rather than from a download. In fact, if you
    > cannot
    > > > find the setup file in any of those locations, you may have IE6 SP1 on a CD
    > > > somewhere, as it often is included on CD's in magazines.
    > > >
    > > > Another option is to uninstall IE6 by pasting the following line into the Run
    > > > dialog:
    > > > RUNDLL32 SETUPWBV.DLL,IE6Maintenance
    > > > and choosing the option to "Restore the previous Windows configuration" from the
    > > > menu that appears. After that, install IE6 either from a CD or from download,
    > > > assuming that this allows you to boot normally again.
    > > > --
    > > > Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
    > > > ~ In memory of our friend, MVP Alex Nichol ~

    You did not state anywhere in this thread that I can see, that your CD drive does
    not work. I just looked through every post you made in this thread, and see no
    mention of this. In your first post you wrote:
    "I don't have the CD - or - the diskettes for loading MS Windows 98", and that's the
    only reference I find to anything related to the CD drive at all. Please show me
    where in this thread you stated this.

    What is wrong with the CD drive? What happens when you try to access it using
    winfile or progman as the shell?
    --

> [...]
    > > > get an icon on desktop or launch 'ie6setup.exe' as noted above. I believe
    > > > there was a 3rd option but it was grayed out/disabled.
    > > >
    > > > So ... it "appears" I have 'EXPLORER.EXE' and 'ie6setup.exe' files ... but I
    > > > still have no desktop/icons upon re-booting Windows98. I tried replacing
    > > > 'Shell=Winfile' with 'Shell=Explorer.exe' and rebooting, but still nothing.
    > > > And i tried again via DOS to scanreg /restrore and selecting the last
    > > > registry on the list (it always specifies 'Started' and is a date right
    > > > before my problem occurred) but again no desktop/icons upon re-booting
    > > > Windows98.
    > > >
    > > > I hope this helps you .. help me. I am trying to avoid calling and paying
    > > > the $35 but will if I absolutely have to. I am currently unemployed so your
    > > > online support really helps me out right now. Thank you.

    That's what Glee said. I have a...

    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Setup\Setup.exe, or
    C:\Progra~1\Intern~1\Setup\Setup.exe

    ....but I have no "...Intern~2". I wonder what that's about. Anyway,
    apparently, it will do you no good in this matter.

    --
    | as previously stated, i already replaced 'Shell=Explorer.exe' with
    | 'Shell=Winfile.exe' and searched for the 'Setup.exe' file. There is
    no
    | 'Setup.exe' folder on my C:\progra~1\intern~1 -- OR -- intern~2
    folder. I
    | searched across C: drive, and it does not exist.
    |
    | "PCR" wrote:
    ....snip

    i apologize if i didn't mention my cd drive doesn't work, thought i did. the
    fact is it does not work.

    "glee" wrote:

    > You did not state anywhere in this thread that I can see, that your CD drive does
    > not work. I just looked through every post you made in this thread, and see no
    > mention of this. In your first post you wrote:
    > "I don't have the CD - or - the diskettes for loading MS Windows 98", and that's the
    > only reference I find to anything related to the CD drive at all. Please show me
    > where in this thread you stated this.
    >
    > What is wrong with the CD drive? What happens when you try to access it using
    > winfile or progman as the shell?
    > --
    > Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
    > ~ In memory of our friend, MVP Alex Nichol ~
    > http://aumha.org/alex.htm
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >
    > "tgregg99" <tgregg99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > as stated earlier, my cd drive does not work.
    > >
    > > "glee" wrote:
    > >
    > > > I still feel the likely fix is to reinstall IE6 over itself, but you cannot get
    > the
    > > > setup file you have on the hard drive to load, and you cannot get online to
    > download
    > > > it. I suggest you find someone who has a copy of IE6 SP1 on a CD, and follow
    > the
    > > > over-install instructions I gave you, running the setup on the CD. Many CDs
    > found
    > > > in computer magazines have IE6 SP1 in a folder on the disc. In fact, many free
    > AOL
    > > > discs have a hidden sub-folder with IE6 installer in it....often in a
    > > > "\Browsers\Msie" folder.
    > > > You must make sure that "Show all files" is enabled in Windows Explorer, and
    > bypass
    > > > the autorun routine of the AOL CD :
    > > > Click Start> Settings> Folder Options> View tab, and click to enable "Show All
    > > > Files" and click OK.
    > > > Hold down the SHIFT key on the keyboard while inserting a recent AOL disc, to
    > bypass
    > > > autorun. Then open Windows Explorer and look for the folder with IE6 setup
    > files.
    > > > --
    > > > Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
    > > > ~ In memory of our friend, MVP Alex Nichol ~
    > > > http://aumha.org/alex.htm
    > > > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    > > >

    > > > "tgregg99" <tgregg99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > > > referring
    > "c:\progra~1\intern~2".....the
    > > > file
    > back

    > choosing
    > sub-folders?
    > or
    > > > the
    > be
    > > > in,
    > you
    > > > cannot

    > Run
    > the
    > download,

    Call them up & try to get an Installation CD, if nothing else. I'd like
    to hear how that goes. Well, I don't know what you're going to do with
    it, though, without a working CD-ROM. Are you sure that doesn't
    work...?...

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q237948
    Troubleshoot CD-R_W

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=218617
    Troubleshoot CD-ROM or DVD-ROM

    I guess, a first try would be...

    (1) Boot to Safe Mode. (Hold F5 as you boot, or hold CTRL for the
    Startup Menu, & select Safe Mode from that.)
    (2) "START, Settings, Control Panel, System, Device Manager tab".
    (3) Open the CD-ROM branch, by clicking it's plus sign.
    (4) Highlight each drive in that branch, & click "Remove".
    (Safe Mode may reveal the presence of a "ghost".)
    (5) Close up, & boot to Normal Mode.

    Hopefully Windows will find the correct drivers, & all will be well.

    As cquirke once said, "Control Panel, System, Performance tab". Are you
    in "compatibility" mode? Then, try his site...
    http://cquirke.mvps.org/9x/doscompat.htm

    Also...
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;130179&Product=w98
    Troubleshooting MS-DOS Compatibility Mode on Hard Disks
    (130179) - The Performance tab in System properties shows that one or
    more of the hard disks in your computer is using MS-DOS Compatibility
    mode. MS-DOS compatibility mode may be in use either for the file system
    or for virtual memory. You may receive the...

    Also...

    To see whether the CD-ROM is physically functioning, it can be run
    independently of Windows...

    Get a Startup Diskette from
    http://www.bootdisk.com/ , if you don't already have one from "Control
    Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Startup Disk tab". Test the Startup
    Diskette. Boot it, put in a CD and "DIR" the CD. It will say which
    letter is the CD. (Otherwise, it is likely one letter higher than
    normal.) That is, "DIR X:", where "X:" is the CD-ROM letter.

    If you cannot boot the Startup Diskette, you must be sent into BIOS. If
    the CD-ROM does work in DOS after the Diskette has boot, it is likely
    there is a problem with the Windows 32-bit drivers or settings.

    --
    | All ...
    |
    | I've tried everything you've asked to do. I've been patient. Yet, I
    still
    | have no Windows98 desktop/icons upon booting. And, yes, my CD drive
    does not
    | work -- it's broken. Is there any hope to restore my Windows98
    desktop/icons?

    | If you have no other recommendations, then I will call MS tech support
    and
    | spend the $35 with the understanding I will get it refunded if tech
    support
    | is not able to resolve my problem, is that correct?
    |
    | Thank you!
    |
    | Terry
    |
    | "PCR" wrote:
    |
    | > Too bad. You cannot do that article then, w/o .cab's on the hard
    drive
    | > or an Installation CD. You must get your CD working & try what Glee
    | > suggests. Don't you get those AOL CD's in the mail every other day?
    ....snip

    > Hmmm... That's the second REPOST this morning, at least. Did you
    > actually repost this or was it some bot?

    This newsgroup is censored, or filtered if you prefer that word.

    Quote from the headers of the REPOSTS:

    Mine seem only to come in once. That can't be fair!

    --
    "glee" <glee29@spamindspring.com> wrote in message news:%23cBOM81KFHA.592@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    | I haven't reposted anything, so it must be a bot. As Hugh mentioned, the headers
    | show some info about the repost, but I notice in another thread, one of *your* posts
    | is reposted, and contains the same info re: reposting by mindspring, in the headers.
    | I dunno what is going on with this.
    | --
    | Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
    | ~ In memory of our friend, MVP Alex Nichol ~
    | http://aumha.org/alex.htm
    | http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    |
    | "Gary S. Terhune" <grystnews@mvps.org> wrote in message
    | > Hmmm... That's the second REPOST this morning, at least. Did you
    | > actually repost this or was it some bot?
    | >
    | > --
    | > Gary S. Terhune
    | > MS MVP Shell/User
    | > http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm