Task Manager Processes (XP)

My system runs very slow even with my 512mb memory. I have about 30
processes always running in Task Manager. Can any one tell me what the
minimum required processes are so I can get rid of the rest?

Also, Is there a way at the see prompt or somewhere were I can copy this
info so I can include it in this post?
4 answers Last reply
More about task manager processes

    "Bet" wrote:

    > My system runs very slow even with my 512mb memory. I have about 30
    > processes always running in Task Manager. Can any one tell me what the
    > minimum required processes are so I can get rid of the rest?
    >
    > Also, Is there a way at the see prompt or somewhere were I can copy this
    > info so I can include it in this post?

    What processes to keep depends solely on you and what you want/need.
    Here are two sites that will help you figure out what is what.

    http://answersthatwork.com/Tasklist_pages/tasklist.htm

    run> type in services.msc this service will tell you what is safe or not to
    remove

    "Bet" wrote:

    > My system runs very slow even with my 512mb memory. I have about 30
    > processes always running in Task Manager. Can any one tell me what the
    > minimum required processes are so I can get rid of the rest?
    >
    > Also, Is there a way at the see prompt or somewhere were I can copy this
    > info so I can include it in this post?

    Hi,

    If you are running WinXP Pro, then from the C:\> prompt run TASKLIST (does
    not work in WInXP Home). Then right-click the header bar, click edit/select
    all, then edit/copy and you can paste into a reply.

    The number of "normal" processes varies by machine and what is installed on
    it.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Bet" <Bet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My system runs very slow even with my 512mb memory. I have about 30
    > processes always running in Task Manager. Can any one tell me what the
    > minimum required processes are so I can get rid of the rest?
    >
    > Also, Is there a way at the see prompt or somewhere were I can copy this
    > info so I can include it in this post?

    Your system might well have spyware infesting it.. search on the net for
    Adaware 1.04 and Spybot 1.3, download both (they are free) and then run
    them.. then come back and report your findings to this post..

    "Bet" <Bet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My system runs very slow even with my 512mb memory. I have about 30
    > processes always running in Task Manager. Can any one tell me what the
    > minimum required processes are so I can get rid of the rest?
    >
    > Also, Is there a way at the see prompt or somewhere were I can copy this
    > info so I can include it in this post?

Microsoft Task Manager Windows XP