DELL B110 with the Pentium 4 with the 2.8..$399 a DEAL???

johnnytuinals

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2006
Well i am tired of building a computer for my brother since he's having problems with it......
Seen a AD in the Newspaper for a Dell Pentium 4 2.8 800 side buss for $399 with tax and shipping for around $450 with a 17 inch flat monitor analog.
NOT A TUBE...
I have seen only celerons on the B110s and I have not seen the Pentium4 2.8s,only in the paper that one day and its not on their website....
Thinking for $450 you are getting a Pentium 4 2.8 800mz side buss
80 Gig hard drive
17 inch analog Flat screen not a Tube....[Guess its a LCD type}
Only 256 Memory DDR but I can add the extra memory that I have from the old computer.
I feelllll that i have got a pretty good deal and its not a Celeron......What do you good folks say...Its only for the WEB and not Gaming.....JohnnyT

dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006
Well i am tired of building a computer for my brother since he's having problems with it......
Seen a AD in the Newspaper for a Dell Pentium 4 2.8 800 side buss for $399 with tax and shipping for around $450 with a 17 inch flat monitor analog.
NOT A TUBE...
I have seen only celerons on the B110s and I have not seen the Pentium4 2.8s,only in the paper that one day and its not on their website....
80 Gig hard drive
Only 256 Memory DDR but I can add the extra memory that I have from the old computer.
I feelllll that i have got a pretty good deal and its not a Celeron......What do you good folks say...Its only for the WEB and not Gaming.....JohnnyT

Dude it's a great deal but don't forget it's a dell and their tech support sucks! My advice would be not to buy it cause its a dell but if are going to then get the best warranty service you can!

SidVicious

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2002
NOT A TUBE...
80 Gig hard drive

Considering that you're fed up with your brother being unable to troubleshoot his own 'rig, let him go for a Dell.

After all, it's not your 'rig...

techtre2003

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2006
As much as I dislike Dell as a company, I will have to say their computers aren't THAT bad. I had a Dell and after I did a clean install of Windows XP to get all the Dell preinstalled crap off the system, I was actually quite pleased with it. If the computer is just going to be used for internet use anyway I would say go for it!

weskurtz81

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2006
Sure, go for it. Dell is probably going to have the best prices on Intel based PC's due to the "special" prices they get from Intel. That is a pretty good deal man. You could not build it for that. You would spend at least 200-300 more. Not bad.

Word of warning.

Budget PCs may not come with either AGP or PCI-e graphics port to save cost. That means the only way to upgrade the video card is to use an old PCI video card. That means the fast card that can be installed is a GeForce FX 5700LE. A crappy card.

Call Dell and ask if there's a AGP or PCI-e port. Otherwise it won't be good for games.

SidVicious

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2002
Word of warning.

Budget PCs may not come with either AGP or PCI-e graphics port to save cost. That means the only way to upgrade the video card is to use an old PCI video card. That means the fast card that can be installed is a GeForce FX 5700LE. A crappy card.

Call Dell and ask if there's a AGP or PCI-e port. Otherwise it won't be good for games.

Its only for the WEB and not Gaming

Bolded for your visual pleasure...

joefriday

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
think that is a good deal? Should have seen yesterday's deal: base model b110: 2.53 Celeron D, 256 ddr 400 ram, 80 gig 7200 ata, dvd/cdrw combo drive, intel 865 extreme graphics 2 board, XP home (pre-installed only).

19" flat panel moniter included.

total: $398 and change, and that included all tax and shipping ($347 before shipping and tax). I'll take the extra 2" in moniter any day over the 2.8 P4. If my wife would have let me buy that machine, I would have just pin modded the D to 3.8 GHz, 800 fsb anyway, and added another 256 MB of ram from newegg.

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
Yeah its perfect for a home user they can hit the button on restart to reinstall the OS and aps to be factory fresh.... personaly I hate all factory machines but they serve a purpose for home users and buisnesses (they dont serve the enthusiast community at all) I got a deal not too long ago on some Compaq's 499 after rebates on Athlon64's 3500 with 1GB of ram and 80GB HD's (plenty for my home server and media center...) I would say im perfectly happy with them they are not game machines and they are plenty fast enough :)

johnnytuinals

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2006
No DVI cable on the 17 LCD monitor,,,It still looks good.
Yea I know I could have got time a Celeron system with the 19 LCD monitor..
But I felt going with a Pentium 4 is better then the celerons...
Funny I cannot find any Pentiums on the paper or on their websites for a B110 with a Pentium,,,,,guess it was a day day thing lol....
Since its really for the web and not gaming for the price you cannot go wrong.
I know Dell sucks but sometimes when theres a good deal how can yeaaaa pass it up?And who cares about tech surport?I am sure most of us know more then they do????JohnnyT