Replace iPAQ backup NiMH battery?

October 24, 2004 9:10:01 AM

Hello all -

My backup battery meter seems to never move from 0, and if I remove
the main battery and replace it, I have to go back through the
"initial machine setup" of aligning the screen etc. I have tried
charging the iPAQ overnight, and the backup battery always reads "0%".

I assume this means I must replace the backup battery.

Where can I get one, and how do I replace it?

Thanks so much in advance for your help,

Joe
Anonymous
October 24, 2004 4:52:05 PM

jwdaigle@hotmail.com (Joe) wrote in news:6f6c12f8.0410240410.64058866
@posting.google.com:

> iPAQ

Which model, and how old? Most iPAQ's come with a built-in nonremovable
Lithium Ion rechargeable backup battery that charges whenever the iPAQ
has a fully charged main battery installed or is plugged to the charger.
If yours doesn't work, you might want to look into sending it in to HP
for repairs.

~S.

--
======================
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.

"Joe" <jwdaigle@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello all -
>
> My backup battery meter seems to never move from 0, and if I remove
> the main battery and replace it, I have to go back through the
> "initial machine setup" of aligning the screen etc. I have tried
> charging the iPAQ overnight, and the backup battery always reads "0%".
>
> I assume this means I must replace the backup battery.
>
> Where can I get one, and how do I replace it?
>
> Thanks so much in advance for your help,
>
> Joe

Does your machine have a backup battery? Mine doesn't and it
(understandably) reads zero when I install or run a battery monitor.

Look at the number on the battery if you have one, it may be a standard
lithium cell.
Related resources
October 24, 2004 5:44:26 PM

Hi Alan -

Hmmm.... I never considered that. You know, I dont know. I could
swear that it used to read 100% all the time. Do you have a 1940 or
1945?

As far as physically finding it, I have no idea where it would be. I
can tell you that its no under/near the main battery.

Thanks,

Joe

"AlanS" <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> wrote in message news:<clg82u$7r4$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk>...
> "Joe" <jwdaigle@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hello all -
> >
> > My backup battery meter seems to never move from 0, and if I remove
> > the main battery and replace it, I have to go back through the
> > "initial machine setup" of aligning the screen etc. I have tried
> > charging the iPAQ overnight, and the backup battery always reads "0%".
> >
> > I assume this means I must replace the backup battery.
> >
> > Where can I get one, and how do I replace it?
> >
> > Thanks so much in advance for your help,
> >
> > Joe
>
> Does your machine have a backup battery? Mine doesn't and it
> (understandably) reads zero when I install or run a battery monitor.
>
> Look at the number on the battery if you have one, it may be a standard
> lithium cell.
Anonymous
October 25, 2004 1:24:13 AM

Reordered flow of thread to allow ease of reading

> "AlanS" <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> wrote in message
> > "Joe" <jwdaigle@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Hello all -
> > >
> > > My backup battery meter seems to never move from 0, and if I remove
> > > the main battery and replace it, I have to go back through the
> > > "initial machine setup" of aligning the screen etc. I have tried
> > > charging the iPAQ overnight, and the backup battery always reads "0%".
> > >
> > > I assume this means I must replace the backup battery.
> > >
> > > Where can I get one, and how do I replace it?
> > >
> > > Thanks so much in advance for your help,
> > >
> > > Joe
> >
> > Does your machine have a backup battery? Mine doesn't and it
> > (understandably) reads zero when I install or run a battery monitor.
> >
> > Look at the number on the battery if you have one, it may be a standard
> > lithium cell.

> Hi Alan -
>
> Hmmm.... I never considered that. You know, I dont know. I could
> swear that it used to read 100% all the time. Do you have a 1940 or
> 1945?
>
> As far as physically finding it, I have no idea where it would be. I
> can tell you that its no under/near the main battery.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joe

Your manual should tell you.

My machine is not an HP
October 25, 2004 9:37:10 AM

"ACE!!!" <ace_rules_bbs@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<Xns958CDE68D5784FearIsTheMindKiller@207.46.248.16>...
> jwdaigle@hotmail.com (Joe) wrote in news:6f6c12f8.0410240410.64058866
> @posting.google.com:
>
> > iPAQ
>

> Which model, and how old? Most iPAQ's come with a built-in nonremovable
> Lithium Ion rechargeable backup battery that charges whenever the iPAQ
> has a fully charged main battery installed or is plugged to the charger.
> If yours doesn't work, you might want to look into sending it in to HP
> for repairs.

Its an iPAQ 1945. I have had it for about a year (I bought it used).

Thank you for the information,

Joe
!