display looks like Safe Mode-but isn't. Can't hardly read ..

HELP ! Something happened to my system ! At first, my computer would only
come up in Safe Mode. We resolved that problem, which means we can now use
the internet and our printer again, but I can't get the screen resolution
back - the screen is next to impossible to read - when we try setting the
size back - it'll take the change (and let us apply it) then it requires us
to restart the system. When we restart the system, the screen is back to
it's unreadable format - HELP ! ! !
Anything highlighted on the screen is crud and most other characters are a
close second to crud. Any ideas?

Hello,

It sounds like your video card died or somehow lost the driver. Go to devise
manager (under system in comtrol panel) and see if its working properly. (If
you can't read it get a new video card) If it has a little red X next to it
or a yellow ! then you should reinstall the driver.

Computergeek