Sign in with
Your question

Resetting default setting on Samsung Snycmaster SA550 monitor ..

Last response: in Mac Os X
September 8, 2012 6:05:47 PM

After several years of calibrating various monitors ... I now find that my calibrating program DataColor Spyder 3 pro ... asks to reset 'contrast' to default before recalibrating my Samsung Syncmaster 550 Monitor ...

Cannot find the actual location ...

Using MacBook Pro OSX but the Mac should really have nothing to do with it ... right ???

Comments are appreciated .... Thank You ...

inga...
inga spence photographer ...
a b C Monitor
a b Ô Samsung
September 8, 2012 7:46:05 PM

Samsung Syncmaster 550? We are talking about a 15" CRT? You can try to reset the contrast with the buttons at the screen, but I'm sure that the DataColor Spyder simply has a problem, because after all the years there is no contrast anymore!
m
l
September 8, 2012 8:44:42 PM

Appreciate your input ......Thank You ...

Its a 22 or 23 inch ...SynchMaster SA550 Samsung ... fairly new monitor ..

As to DataColor Spyder 3 Pro... Since I purchased it some years back but had several updates ... not sure why i am still getting this item on the template ...

At the beginning of the calibration a template appears with all the items one should do (one to make sure the monitor has warmed up at least for 1/2 hour) before calibrating... that is where the message appears... since i could never find a place to reset the default for contrast ... i just worked around it ...

Today thinking that maybe I was missing something ... maybe I should not to worry about it ..

Definitely open to suggestions ... think i will contact DataColor and ask that question ... no doubt they will inform me that I should check with Samsung ...

fotoinga ...
m
l
Related resources
a b C Monitor
a b Ô Samsung
September 8, 2012 9:02:23 PM

Ahhh, yes! Crappy model numbers at Samsung though. I just checked with my DataColor and I get the same message, when I start the calibration process. As long as you didn't change the contrast of your monitor, that isn't something to worry about. It's simply a reminder, that you should let the spider do the work. Contrast is one of the parameters that get changes with the calibration when it comes to the grayscale. There is some documentation on the DataColor website, that explains how it works.
m
l
September 8, 2012 9:04:20 PM

Thank You ... thank you ...

ps. would like to attach a 'thank you' smile ... another thing that i figured out... maybe not that important...

Over & out ...

inga...
m
l
!