One different jet

This plane must be differnt

I picked this up from the a Yahoo users group posting

Mike C

VFW 614 Historical Web Page
The first jet aircraft produced by Germany after WW2, the engines
were mounted on the upper side of the wings, giving it a unique
appearance. This aircraft had superb short field performance making
it ideal for smaller airports that could not accept jets.

http://www.vfw614.de/

crash

mikepic wrote:
> This plane must be differnt
>
> I picked this up from the a Yahoo users group posting

Man! The guys in the back seat would have a hell of a view for a compressor
stall!!! <8-0))))))

dallas

"mikepic"
> http://www.vfw614.de/

A pretty goofy design.

Granted good centerline thrust but... how does the ground crew get access to
the engine for maintenance? What about all the nasty carbon build up on the
horizontal stabilizers and all the buffeting of the control surfaces due to
the engine exhaust.

Dallas

It, no doubt, presents some different handling scenarios for
pilot/maintenance people.
Apparently it handled very well in the short field T/O and landing
environments.

Say, they have a flight sim package for this bird!

Eighth one down the list.:

http://www.simviation.com/fs2004jets115.htm

Mike C

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 15:02:38 GMT, mikepic wrote:

> This plane must be differnt
>
> I picked this up from the a Yahoo users group posting
>
> Mike C

> VFW 614 Historical Web Page
> The first jet aircraft produced by Germany after WW2, the engines
> were mounted on the upper side of the wings, giving it a unique
> appearance. This aircraft had superb short field performance making
> it ideal for smaller airports that could not accept jets.
>
> http://www.vfw614.de/

Well...with the engines on top of the wings it can make a safe
belly-landing if necessary. :)

--

Marcel (SAG-21)
(DIE JEDI DOGS!!!...What did I say?? - C3PO)

Gosh , it might make decent belly lander. A smoothe gear up water landing
might be the ticket, here!
Mike C

mikepic wrote:
> This plane must be differnt
>
> I picked this up from the a Yahoo users group posting
>
> Mike C

> VFW 614 Historical Web Page
> The first jet aircraft produced by Germany after WW2, the engines
> were mounted on the upper side of the wings, giving it a unique
> appearance. This aircraft had superb short field performance making
> it ideal for smaller airports that could not accept jets.

Since there were no other jets for airports to "accept," that would mean
all airports. ;-)

John

Heh heh heh....
"The Man Behind The Curtain" <johngrabowski@earthblink.net> wrote in message
> mikepic wrote:
>> This plane must be differnt
>>
>> I picked this up from the a Yahoo users group posting
>>
>> Mike C

>> VFW 614 Historical Web Page
>> The first jet aircraft produced by Germany after WW2, the engines
>> were mounted on the upper side of the wings, giving it a unique
>> appearance. This aircraft had superb short field performance making
>> it ideal for smaller airports that could not accept jets.
>
> Since there were no other jets for airports to "accept," that would mean
> all airports. ;-)
>

> John
>
> --
>

> Von Herzen, moge es wieder zu Herzen gehen. --Beethoven

> Heh heh heh....
> "The Man Behind The Curtain" <johngrabowski@earthblink.net> wrote in
> message news:42D9D523.8020809@earthblink.net...
>> mikepic wrote:
>>> This plane must be differnt
>>>
>>> I picked this up from the a Yahoo users group posting
>>>
>>> Mike C

>>> VFW 614 Historical Web Page
>>> The first jet aircraft produced by Germany after WW2, the engines
>>> were mounted on the upper side of the wings, giving it a unique
>>> appearance. This aircraft had superb short field performance making
>>> it ideal for smaller airports that could not accept jets.
>>
>> Since there were no other jets for airports to "accept,"

didn't know they had any airports left either

Butts