Computer restarted by it self???

tvfreak

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
Not sure if this is the right section. I was just browsing the net, and i'm was dl stuff using azureus, and then all of sudden my computer just restarted by it self??? Can anyone figure out why this could of happened??? :cry:

fainis

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
did it happened just once...or it`s restarting regullary?

if happened just once i woudn`t worry my friend...s*** happens :D

if you comp restarts a lot......it`s probably a power issue....

one restart...could have been anything....probably software..a virus or something

at what the h*** don`t worry my friend.............ups ..here cames the bunny...i gotta go and polish my eggs my friend..........good luck

tvfreak

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
NORMAL??? WOW never had that happen to me before. I dont think I have a virus because I have 2 virus programs, norton premiere, nod32. Has this happen to you guys before???. My pc set up is brand new, just got it this year. When i ran memtest through the jenie bios for like 7 hrs, I had no errors. :roll:

fainis

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
usually ... unless you have a defective component...the stability of the sistem is much dictated by the power source

my personal one back home has a hyper power psu and it`s rock stable....i don`t oc it...and i play all kind of games at the floor....for hours sametimes...when i`m home...

here in the hardware shop...i see a lot of cases ...it`s posible for a brand new computer to be instable ...... most of the cases are bad power psu...non-branded if you know what i mean ... but i`m sure..your problem was a software problem

mfurse

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
Windows can restart itself if theres a memory dump or system fault - it might flash up a blue screen of death for such a small period of time that you didn't see it - with BitTorrent it might have been a TCP/IP stack fault or dodgy network drivers that couldn't take such a heavy load...

To check tell windows not to reboot when it faults by right clicking on My Computer > Properties > Advanced > Startup and Recovery Settings > and UNTICK "Automatically Restart" under System Failure.

I kept getting random reboots and blamed my PSU but it was Daemon tools causing a "Bad_Pool_Header" error. Seems ok now I have unistalled D-Tools.

Give it a go and see if it happens again. If not then it might have even been a brown-out!

Matt

vulefu

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
NORMAL??? WOW never had that happen to me before. I dont think I have a virus because I have 2 virus programs, norton premiere, nod32. Has this happen to you guys before???. My pc set up is brand new, just got it this year. When i ran memtest through the jenie bios for like 7 hrs, I had no errors. :roll:

Men it can be power grid glich(fluctiations) of few seconds from ppl that sell you power:)

Try to power of and emediatly power on the psu with glitch at the back of PSU.

The PC will in most casses restart him self, not turn down.

You get it?

GrTz!

fainis

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
that is exactlly my point ...a good power psu can handle fluctuations......
...and most important.......rapid current variation through power rails.....bla bla..........

i`m sure you put a good psu in that power rig of yours........you did not mention anything about your psu....

and most important make sure you have plenty of amperage on 12V rail(s)......is used by most of the elements today

tvfreak

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
Windows can restart itself if theres a memory dump or system fault - it might flash up a blue screen of death for such a small period of time that you didn't see it - with BitTorrent it might have been a TCP/IP stack fault or dodgy network drivers that couldn't take such a heavy load...

To check tell windows not to reboot when it faults by right clicking on My Computer > Properties > Advanced > Startup and Recovery Settings > and UNTICK "Automatically Restart" under System Failure.

I kept getting random reboots and blamed my PSU but it was Daemon tools causing a "Bad_Pool_Header" error. Seems ok now I have unistalled D-Tools.

Give it a go and see if it happens again. If not then it might have even been a brown-out!

Matt

Yea I already did that. And what the hell is a brown out??? Also I ran a test to test out my cpu which came out fine and tested the memory and I got a error. The case latency is set on auto in the bios which is 2-3.5-5-2. I mean I ran memtest for 7 fucken hrs with out any errors and all of sudden i'm getting a error. What the fuck gives. I hate fucking computers. :twisted:

tvfreak

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
Also my stupid computer is not reconizing my printer. I have a hp psc 750 all in one printer. I have windowxp w/sp2 and it should reconize it atomatically. I also i have a mx1000 mouse that my computer is not picking up. So I don't know if my mobo is fucked up or what. I mean what else is going to go wrong. I'm about to throw this piece of shit out the fucking window. I mean really spend all kinds of money and this is what I get. Problems after problems. Anyone want to buy my piece of crap??? :twisted:

tvfreak

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
Mostly stuff like that are related to the memory. Find some ram error checking programs to see if your memory are defective. A MemTest program should be one of them.

I ran a test and it said that there is an error with my memory. The thing is i have it on auto settings and I did ran memtest a couple months ago for 7 hrs and with no errors. Now all of sudden i'm getting a damn error. the latency setting is at 2-3.5-5-2. That's in auto settings. So I don't know why this is happening. If I can't get it to work then I need to take back the memory I guess.

kamel5547

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
Um having two virus programs installed is NOT a good thing. Kill the Norton. It will cause conflicts etc. by having two installed and Norton is terrible (as I fix Norton installs on two PC's...)

zhanpen

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2006
It might be power issus,you can replace one to make sure whether is power promble.
If not ,i think you cool system should have promble.maybe coolfun work not very well,cause CPU temperature rise higher than the max-temperature that CPU could endure.

KWH

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2005
I don't know about conflicts but it will slow your system down a bit as everythings checked twice. I'd giter down to 1 antivirus program though.
These types of Winders problems are usually fun as many things can cause it. Start with the RAM and then the easiest to the hardest to check. Weak PS can easily cause this as can a monitor plug that's loose or KB plug.

bluntside

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
INsufficient power supply, shorted hardware, or perhaps loose cables. One or the other, try checking these out before you consider any actual hardware failure. :twisted:
-Good Luck-

tvfreak

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
Well I ran memtest86+, not the one in bios, for almost 12 hrs with no errors. So I dont think it's a ram issue. The other problem I have is that my computer is still not detecting my printer and mx1000 laser mouse. It should detect it automatically. Something might be wrong with my mobo. But before i take it back i'm going to to a complete install and start fresh again. I hope that solves the problem. I made sure cables weren't lose or anything. If you guys of other suggestions before I do a complete re install let me know so I can rule out other possible problems. :twisted:

tvfreak

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
Um having two virus programs installed is NOT a good thing. Kill the Norton. It will cause conflicts etc. by having two installed and Norton is terrible (as I fix Norton installs on two PC's...)

Well I read other forums and people say it's not good. But I haven't had any problems. Someone said that since nod32 isnt a system resource hog, I should be fine. But if i were to have mcafee then I would have a problem because both norton and macfee are resource hogs. TRUE or UNTRUE? :twisted:

bweir

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
It doesn't matter if neither are resource hogs, the fact is, you have two identical programs trying to do the same task(s) all the time. If one quarantines a virus, the other detects that virus in the quarantine file and tries to deal with it as well, creating a conflict. That's just one problem, any others can be eliminated by dumping Norton and keeping that smaller Nod32 program.

fainis

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006

Matt

Yea I already did that. And what the hell is a brown out??? Also I ran a test to test out my cpu which came out fine and tested the memory and I got a error. The case latency is set on auto in the bios which is 2-3.5-5-2. I mean I ran memtest for 7 ****** hrs with out any errors and all of sudden i'm getting a error. What the **** gives. I hate ****** computers. :twisted:

brown out = reset when power is nor enough
actualy brown out is more complex but that is the result...reset.....when the voltage drops under a certain level..the cpu saves the contain of it`s main registers and then restarts...........