  • Microsoft
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
March 11, 2005 1:01:01 PM

When I try to open a saved file of notepad it says:
"Cannot find the file 'Notepad saved file.txt.' ( or one of its components
). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required
libraries are availabe."

Am I missing some kind of file or something?

Help please, thank you!

More about : error opening notepad

Anonymous
March 12, 2005 10:02:04 AM

First ensure you have Notepad.exe in C:\Windows
If so, then check your association of .txt files in
Explorer-View-Folder Options-File Types.
Find the association, probably under Text Document.
Press Edit.
Highlight Open.
Press Edit.
The "Application used..." should be:
C:\Windows\notepad.exe
"Use DDE" must NOT be checked (which may be the problem)

....Alan

--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html