Error opening notepad

When I try to open a saved file of notepad it says:
"Cannot find the file 'Notepad saved file.txt.' ( or one of its components
). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required
libraries are availabe."

Am I missing some kind of file or something?

Help please, thank you!
1 answer Last reply
More about error opening notepad

    First ensure you have Notepad.exe in C:\Windows
    If so, then check your association of .txt files in
    Explorer-View-Folder Options-File Types.
    Find the association, probably under Text Document.
    Press Edit.
    Highlight Open.
    Press Edit.
    The "Application used..." should be:
    C:\Windows\notepad.exe
    "Use DDE" must NOT be checked (which may be the problem)

    ....Alan

    --
    Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    http://dts-l.org/index.html

    In microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion, "ReNeX"
    <ReNeX@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >When I try to open a saved file of notepad it says:
    >"Cannot find the file 'Notepad saved file.txt.' ( or one of its components
    >). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required
    >libraries are availabe."
    >
    >Am I missing some kind of file or something?
    >
    >Help please, thank you!

Notepad Microsoft Windows