why everybody use cpu-z?

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
OPEN SAUCE
Yummy! However, if they both do the same, then it doesnt matter which one you use, right?

Yep, it is an open A1 sauce! :lol:

He means open source, but still I have no info about my ram. Something is wrong with this software. :?

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
Does anyone have the same problem, because this software in not giving me information about my ram. The whole section in the ram tab is all N/A, this is frustrating. :x It works good on the cpu info but the ram is no good at all. Look.

The cpu:

The ram: (I have 4x512 DDR533 Corsair XMS2)

Stupid software :x

Tattysnuc

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
I get a very similar phenomon(?) when I stick in a divider between my north bridge and my memory so that the memory is not at DDR266/333/400 speeds..

Have you got a divider in there?

mesarectifier

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
If it's open sauce (mmmm) then someone's surely just gona 'put some new ingredients' in and make it recognise their K6-II as a 6.75Ghz Quad-Core quad-Conroe system with 16tb RAM.

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Does anyone have the same problem, because this software in not giving me information about my ram. The whole section in the ram tab is all N/A, this is frustrating. :x It works good on the cpu info but the ram is no good at all. Look.

The cpu:

The ram: (I have 4x512 DDR533 Corsair XMS2)

Stupid software :x

Pentium D 541? Wow, must be a new CPU :lol:.

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
MadModMike:

[/quote]Pentium D 541? Wow, must be a new CPU :lol:.[/quote]

Yep, its the next generation Conroe with 45nm architecture. :lol:

I don't know what's up with this Right Mark software, it should be change to Wrong Mark since it is displaying the wrong cpu id and nothing for my ram. Im sticking with the CPU-Z in the meantime but it is stupid as well, not by much compare to Right Mark.

only4speed

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2006
sorry about this "open pasta sauce confusion". i got my cpu report correct. i don't know what happened to u guys. maybe u need try to update the database. if that not work, then i guess u have to stick with "Z".
i like it because it also provide very detailed infomation about cash and memory. oops this cache not that cash. i must be in daydreaming since i need MMMMMMoney so badly.
have anybody tried their other software? namely cpu rightmark and rmclock? i am not a overclocker so i don't know how rmclock work. but i just post my cpu score here. it will be intresting to see other "pure" cpu performance score.

Test Results
Frames processed: 300
Solver FPS: 30.9510
Prerenderer FPS: 137.2828
Renderer FPS: 7.2989
Overall FPS: 5.6625

my cpu is northwood p4 2.4Ghz w/ 1G RAM. i didn't modify anything, just hit run test.
BTW, fanboys, please stop fighting for "this performance gains 10% that speed faster by 20%" type of B~!@#$^T !! how about something 20 times faster or at least 5 times faster. thats what can be called a big improvement instead of pitty 1 or 2 digits percentage.

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
mmmMMMmmmmmmm. Free Sause.
aggggghhhhhghghghghghghhhagd$#*$@%#$@$%@*$#&~!!ahsahhshahdhhhahghahghah!
*Homer Simpson Visiting THG Fourms

mesarectifier

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
CPU-Z is free and is always(ish) right. The only time it fails is when you try to test pre-production prototype CPUs, and even then it still recognised Conroe. And RightMark can't even recognise a Pentium D properly, apparently.