Custom paper sizes for HP 722c in XP

I'd like to print onto some custom paper sizes using an HP 722C. The
windows XP driver does not seem to have an option in the priners
property dialogue box to specify custom paper sizes. There is only a
drop-down menu with a number of specified paper sizes.

HP documentation says that their driver--as opposed to XP's built-in
driver--has a custom size option. But that driver does not appear to be
available for download on my machine.

If I can find the HP driver would I be able to use this with XP?

Otherwise, is there any workaround etc. to get custom paper sizes?

Thanks.

[This followup was posted to comp.periphs.printers and a copy was sent
to the cited author.]

In article <1107541773.707191.189440@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
latichever@yahoo.com says...
> I'd like to print onto some custom paper sizes using an HP 722C. The
> windows XP driver does not seem to have an option in the priners
> property dialogue box to specify custom paper sizes. There is only a
> drop-down menu with a number of specified paper sizes.
>
> HP documentation says that their driver--as opposed to XP's built-in
> driver--has a custom size option. But that driver does not appear to be
> available for download on my machine.
>
> If I can find the HP driver would I be able to use this with XP?
>
> Otherwise, is there any workaround etc. to get custom paper sizes?

Try this:
Go to Start/Settings/printers (or however you get to the Printers folder
in XP.)
From the File menu, pick Server Properties
From there, you should see a list of usable forms. You can put a check
in 'Create a New Form', give it a description, and fill out the sizes.

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross

Thanks for your response.

I created some custom forms, but when I went to Word>Print the Paper
Size drop down menu does not show these new forms. Neither does it show
a many of the other forms on the forms tab of server properties.

In Word I can set up custom size pages in the page setup>paper size
tab.

Is that all that's needed? Set up the form size with printer services
and then the page size in page setup in Word? And not have to worry
about what shows or dosn't show in word>print?

Or is there something else I need to do to use print server custom
forms withing word?