missing file

noname

while uninstalling a program, I by mistake perhps deleted a file 'system.inf
' . How can I restore it to the system? thanks

Please explain in more detail. What program did you uninstall, and what
makes you think you made a mistake? Did you get some error message?
"system.inf" is not a Windows file.

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User

"noname" <noname@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> while uninstalling a program, I by mistake perhps deleted a file
'system.inf
> ' . How can I restore it to the system? thanks

noname

I uninstalled a game and after that when i staart computer, it says that this
file is missing.

Go to Start>Run, type in MSINFO32 and then press <Enter>. Expand (click
on + sign) "Software Environment". Then click on "Startup Programs".
Look in the right-hand pane for any command that includes that filename.
Then look near the beginning of that command line for where it is
located. For example, "Startup Group" means that the command is a
shortcut in the Start\Programs\Startup folder. "Machine Run" means it's
a Registry entry. Tell us what you find and we'll give instructions for
removing it.

--

> I uninstalled a game and after that when i staart computer, it says
that this
> file is missing.

noname

I couldn't find that file name in right pane although there were files named
'desktop.inf'
One more thing ,when I boot the computr, , at the end of message of missing
file, another file name can be seen written 'GFXVFW.VxD.

That's a video driver.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=GFXVFW.VxD

You found commands in the MSINFO32 => Software Environment => Startup
Programs that involve a desktop.inf? Run MSCONFIG, and on the Startup
tab, uncheck all those commands that include that file.