OC athalon x2 4800

smedlin

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
Ok,

I tried to oc my cpu last night really screwed somthing up
crybaby2.gif

So I ended up just resetting everything.

However, it turns out this motherboard/bios has "over clocking help" built into it. It has an area where you can tell it what % to over clock. It goes up to 10%. So I started at the low end and went up a "notch" at a time.

I took it all the way to 10% overclock using method. That bosted the 2.4Ghz chip up to 2.64Ghz.

I ran 3dmark06 twice. Non oc'ing I was at 8,514. Ocing took it OVER 9,100. I then played FEAR for half an hour. There was never any problems. I ran asus prob while I was playing fear. The cpu temp reached 45C. Is that an ok temp?
scratchchin.gif

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Ok,

I tried to oc my cpu last night really screwed somthing up
crybaby2.gif

So I ended up just resetting everything.

However, it turns out this motherboard/bios has "over clocking help" built into it. It has an area where you can tell it what % to over clock. It goes up to 10%. So I started at the low end and went up a "notch" at a time.

I took it all the way to 10% overclock using method. That bosted the 2.4Ghz chip up to 2.64Ghz.

I ran 3dmark06 twice. Non oc'ing I was at 8,514. Ocing took it OVER 9,100. I then played FEAR for half an hour. There was never any problems. I ran asus prob while I was playing fear. The cpu temp reached 45C. Is that an ok temp?
scratchchin.gif

That's not bad temps, and pretty good scores for 3DMARK as well. If that's 06 (I think you mean 05) what GPU's you got to get that high? Anyways, good OC.

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time

smedlin

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
Thanks!

that's 06. I'm running 2 BFG 7900GTX's.

I'm new to trying to OC. Like is said, trying to set every option by itself, I screwed things up. Having a "newbie" type board where you can just say "hey, overclock it by this %" helps :roll:

I'm going to download coolbits this weekend, see if I can boost the gpu's up some as well.