Bye I am so gone to Kansas -- be back in a week

I will see you all on about the 20 or 21 of March. Take care and thanks for
all the support. I am so gone -- LOL!!
74 answers Last reply
More about kansas back week

    I'm going to the bathroom....I will be back in a few minutes.

    ....glen

    "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    > I will see you all on about the 20 or 21 of March. Take care and thanks for
    > all the support. I am so gone -- LOL!!

    Be sure to fill us in on how it went! Maybe some snapshots?

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS MVP Shell/User

    > I'm going to the bathroom....I will be back in a few minutes.
    >
    > ...glen
    >
    > "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    > > I will see you all on about the 20 or 21 of March. Take care and
    thanks for
    > > all the support. I am so gone -- LOL!!

    Hope everything works out well in the end for you ;-)

    > I'm going to the bathroom....I will be back in a few minutes.
    >
    > ...glen
    >
    > "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    > > I will see you all on about the 20 or 21 of March. Take care and thanks
    for
    > > all the support. I am so gone -- LOL!!

    I just went to the grocery store. I'm back now.
    ;)

    "glee" <glee29@spamindspring.com> wrote in message news:OJd378%23JFHA.3064@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    > I'm going to the bathroom....I will be back in a few minutes.
    >
    > ...glen
    >
    > "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    >> I will see you all on about the 20 or 21 of March. Take care and thanks for
    >> all the support. I am so gone -- LOL!!

    I just got back from lunch, but now I've got to go to work for a while.

    * In fond memory ... Alex, you shall be sorely missed
    * http://www.aumha.org/alex.htm

    > I'm going to the bathroom....I will be back in a few minutes.
    >
    > ...glen
    >
    > "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    >> I will see you all on about the 20 or 21 of March. Take care and thanks
    >> for
    >> all the support. I am so gone -- LOL!!

    Live Webcam feed, maybe?

    > Be sure to fill us in on how it went! Maybe some snapshots?
    >
    > --
    > Gary S. Terhune
    > MS MVP Shell/User

    >> I'm going to the bathroom....I will be back in a few minutes.

    Believe it or not, there is actually a web page that does just that, affiliated with
    rotten.com
    --
    Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
    ~ In memory of our friend, MVP Alex Nichol ~

    > Be sure to fill us in on how it went! Maybe some snapshots?
    >
    > --
    > Gary S. Terhune
    > MS MVP Shell/User

    > > I'm going to the bathroom....I will be back in a few minutes.
    > >
    > > ...glen
    > >
    > > "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    > > > I will see you all on about the 20 or 21 of March. Take care and
    > thanks for
    > > > all the support. I am so gone -- LOL!!

    I long ago assumed that if it can be done on the web, it's being done.

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS MVP Shell/User

    > Believe it or not, there is actually a web page that does just that,
    affiliated with
    > rotten.com
    > --
    > Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
    > ~ In memory of our friend, MVP Alex Nichol ~
    > http://aumha.org/alex.htm
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    > > Be sure to fill us in on how it went! Maybe some snapshots?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Gary S. Terhune
    > > MS MVP Shell/User
    > >
    > > "glee" <glee29@spamindspring.com> wrote in message
    > > > I'm going to the bathroom....I will be back in a few minutes.
    > > >
    > > > ...glen
    > > >
    > > > "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    > > thanks for

    Say hello to Jane in Oz.... and if you stay longer than the 21st you're
    going to get hit with that "gst" tax.

    TK.

    > I will see you all on about the 20 or 21 of March. Take care and thanks
    for
    > all the support. I am so gone -- LOL!!

    "gst tax"... They've named a TAX after me?!!?

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS MVP Shell/User

    "webejammin" <masters444(at)hotmail(dot)com> wrote in message
    > Say hello to Jane in Oz.... and if you stay longer than the 21st
    you're
    > going to get hit with that "gst" tax.
    >
    > TK.
    >

    > "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    > > I will see you all on about the 20 or 21 of March. Take care and
    thanks
    > for
    > > all the support. I am so gone -- LOL!!

    If you run out of money and have trouble finding a way home, simply click
    your heels together and repeat 3 times, I want to go home.

    --

    Brian A.

    http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    >I will see you all on about the 20 or 21 of March. Take care and thanks
    >for
    > all the support. I am so gone -- LOL!!

    I think that's, "There's no place like home... There's no place like
    home..."

    Or were you thinking of Paul Simon's, "Homeward Bound"?

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS MVP Shell/User

    On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 09:03:37 -0700, "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote:

    >>>I will see you all on about the 20 or 21 of March. Take care and thanks for
    >>>all the support. I am so gone -- LOL!!

    I'm being abducted by aliens right now, so will contact all later, if
    there is a later! Will explore the feasability of time travel and if
    it works, I will see you all the day before yesterday and let you know
    how it come out.

    --
    The Seabat

    You're correct. It was in my mind from the show "Cops", they were messing
    with a drunk who wanted out.

    --

    >I think that's, "There's no place like home... There's no place like
    > home..."
    >
    > Or were you thinking of Paul Simon's, "Homeward Bound"?
    >
    > --
    > Gary S. Terhune
    > MS MVP Shell/User
    >
    > "Brian A." <gonefish'n@afarawaylake> wrote in message
    >> If you run out of money and have trouble finding a way home, simply
    > click
    >> your heels together and repeat 3 times, I want to go home.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Brian A.
    >>
    >> Conflicts start where information lacks.
    >> http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >>

    >> "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    >> >I will see you all on about the 20 or 21 of March. Take care and
    > thanks
    >> >for
    >> > all the support. I am so gone -- LOL!!

    LOL! Nothing like a show of "Cops!" to scramble any common sense that
    you may have. People are freakin' unbelievable. I can't watch "reality
    tv" shows, or things like "Jerry Springer"...it's just too depressing.

    --

    Gary S. Terhune wrote:
    > LOL! Nothing like a show of "Cops!" to scramble any common sense that
    > you may have. People are freakin' unbelievable. I can't watch "reality
    > tv" shows, or things like "Jerry Springer"...it's just too depressing.

    Exactly. Maybe it's good that we have a limited lifetime, afterall.

    > Gary S. Terhune
    > MS MVP Shell/User
    >
    > "Brian A." <gonefish'n@afarawaylake> wrote in message
    >> You're correct. It was in my mind from the show "Cops", they were messing
    >> with a drunk who wanted out.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Brian A.
    >>
    >> Conflicts start where information lacks.
    >> http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >>

    >> "Gary S. Terhune" <grystnews@mvps.org> wrote in message
    >>> I think that's, "There's no place like home... There's no place like
    >>> home..."
    >>>
    >>> Or were you thinking of Paul Simon's, "Homeward Bound"?
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Gary S. Terhune
    >>> MS MVP Shell/User
    >>> http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm
    >>> http://www.grystmill.com/articles/security.htm
    >>>
    >>> "Brian A." <gonefish'n@afarawaylake> wrote in message

    That was too big a stack of burritos, then!

    --
    Thanks or Good Luck,
    There may be humor in this post, and,
    | I'm going to the bathroom....I will be back in a few minutes.
    |
    | ...glen
    |
    | "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    | > I will see you all on about the 20 or 21 of March. Take care and
    thanks for
    | > all the support. I am so gone -- LOL!!

    Kansas City! Here he comes!

    --
    Thanks or Good Luck,
    There may be humor in this post, and,
    Naturally, you will not sue,
    should things get worse after this,
    PCR
    pcrrcp@netzero.net
    "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    | I will see you all on about the 20 or 21 of March. Take care and
    thanks for
    | all the support. I am so gone -- LOL!!

    Don't take it so bad. A week is better than nothing.

    ....Alan

    --
    Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    http://dts-l.org/index.html

    In microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion, "glee"
    <glee29@spamindspring.com> wrote:

    >I'm going to the bathroom....I will be back in a few minutes.
    >
    >...glen
    >
    >"Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    >> I will see you all on about the 20 or 21 of March. Take care and thanks for
    >> all the support. I am so gone -- LOL!!

  20. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    LMAO!

    ....glen

    "Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
    > Don't take it so bad. A week is better than nothing.
    >
    > ...Alan
    >
    > --
    > Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    > http://dts-l.org/index.html
    >
    > In microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion, "glee"
    > <glee29@spamindspring.com> wrote:
    >
    > >I'm going to the bathroom....I will be back in a few minutes.
    > >
    > >...glen
    > >
    > >"Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    > >> I will see you all on about the 20 or 21 of March. Take care and thanks for
    > >> all the support. I am so gone -- LOL!!

  21. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    Yes... Compliments of Jane's rant in "I am Shocked"

    TK.

    > "gst tax"... They've named a TAX after me?!!?
    >
    > --
    > Gary S. Terhune
    > MS MVP Shell/User
    >
    > "webejammin" <masters444(at)hotmail(dot)com> wrote in message
    > > Say hello to Jane in Oz.... and if you stay longer than the 21st
    > you're
    > > going to get hit with that "gst" tax.
    > >
    > > TK.
    > >

    > > "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    > > > I will see you all on about the 20 or 21 of March. Take care and
    > thanks
    > > for
    > > > all the support. I am so gone -- LOL!!

  22. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    LOL!

    Having blocked Jane's posts, I can only assume that it was a doozy.

    --

    > Yes... Compliments of Jane's rant in "I am Shocked"
    >
    > TK.

    > > "gst tax"... They've named a TAX after me?!!?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Gary S. Terhune
    > > MS MVP Shell/User
    > >
    > > "webejammin" <masters444(at)hotmail(dot)com> wrote in message
    > > > Say hello to Jane in Oz.... and if you stay longer than the 21st
    > > you're
    > > > going to get hit with that "gst" tax.
    > > >
    > > > TK.
    > > >

    > > > "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    > > thanks
    > > > for

  23. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    > LOL!
    >
    > Having blocked Jane's posts, I can only assume that it was a doozy.

    twas petty, and I had told her it was scripture judgmental & sassy.

    "jane" <jane@internet.com>
    [...]
    > Stick with yeshua, he overcomes the gst's.
    [...]

    > --
    > Gary S. Terhune
  24. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    It sure was ;-)))

    TK

    > LOL!
    >
    > Having blocked Jane's posts, I can only assume that it was a doozy.
    >
    > --
    > Gary S. Terhune
    > MS MVP Shell/User
    >
    > "webejammin" <masters444(at)hotmail(dot)com> wrote in message
    > > Yes... Compliments of Jane's rant in "I am Shocked"
    > >
    > > TK.
    > >
    > > "Gary S. Terhune" <grystnews@mvps.org> wrote in message
    > > > "gst tax"... They've named a TAX after me?!!?
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Gary S. Terhune
    > > > MS MVP Shell/User
    > > > http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm
    > > > http://www.grystmill.com/articles/security.htm
    > > >
    > > > "webejammin" <masters444(at)hotmail(dot)com> wrote in message
    > > > you're

    > and
    > > > thanks

  25. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    Don't think that is an honour. GST (10% on almost all Goods and
    Services) is not highly thought of in Oz (but then, what tax is?)

    ....Alan

    --
    Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    http://dts-l.org/index.html

    In microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion, "Gary S. Terhune"
    <grystnews@mvps.org> wrote:

    >"gst tax"... They've named a TAX after me?!!?
  26. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    You misunderstand... If they *did* name it after me, it wouldn't be the
    first "negative honor" I've received, <sg>.

    Hey, is it all at least uniform down under? Here in the US, you only
    have to cross the street, sometimes, to have a different sales tax
    applied. State, city, county, special district, every one of them
    potentially has the right to levy an additional sales tax and many of
    them do. Most services are exempt, and it's *usually* only applicable to
    retail sales, but you wouldn't *believe* the intricacies involved. Every
    once in a while, someone proposes a national VAT or GST, to replace the
    income tax, but fortunately, that seldom gets through the doors into
    Congress.

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS MVP Shell/User

    > Don't think that is an honour. GST (10% on almost all Goods and
    > Services) is not highly thought of in Oz (but then, what tax is?)
    >
    > ...Alan
    >
    > --
    > Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    > http://dts-l.org/index.html
    >
    > In microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion, "Gary S. Terhune"
    > <grystnews@mvps.org> wrote:
    >
    > >"gst tax"... They've named a TAX after me?!!?

  27. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    They got some pretty little women there...
    and I'm a gonna'.. get me one...

    "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message news:u3A$4FHKFHA.2396@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    > Kansas City! Here he comes!

    > "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    > | I will see you all on about the 20 or 21 of March. Take care and
    > thanks for
    > | all the support. I am so gone -- LOL!!

  28. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    Yes, the GST is a uniform 10% with only some items exempt.
    It replaced a multitude of state wholesale sales tax items that were a
    nightmare to understand.
    It is added in at retail level to the price, so it is not like the US
    where I found I had no idea of what the price of an item really was
    until the tax was applied. Here, if an item has a price tag of $11,
    then the $1 GST is built in already. The retailer has to do all the
    work beforehand. The buyer is often unaware of the GST.

    We still have income tax

    ....Alan

    --

    <grystnews@mvps.org> wrote:

    >Hey, is it all at least uniform down under? Here in the US, you only
    >have to cross the street, sometimes, to have a different sales tax
    >applied. State, city, county, special district, every one of them
    >potentially has the right to levy an additional sales tax and many of
    >them do. Most services are exempt, and it's *usually* only applicable to
    >retail sales, but you wouldn't *believe* the intricacies involved. Every
    >once in a while, someone proposes a national VAT or GST, to replace the
    >income tax, but fortunately, that seldom gets through the doors into
    >Congress.
  29. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    "Bill Blanton" <bblanton@REMOVEmagicnet.net> wrote in message
    > They got some pretty little women there...
    > and I'm a gonna'.. get me one...
    >
    > "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
    > > Kansas City! Here he comes!

    I don't believe it! I play Fats while I'm browsing
  30. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    Dave D wrote:
    > "Bill Blanton" <bblanton@REMOVEmagicnet.net> wrote in message
    >> They got some pretty little women there...
    >> and I'm a gonna'.. get me one...
    >>
    >> "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
    >>> Kansas City! Here he comes!
    >>
    > I don't believe it! I play Fats while I'm browsing

    I don't think it was Fats that sung it.
  31. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    "Bill in Co." <someone@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:eoaviHPKFHA.1740@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    > Dave D wrote:
    >> "Bill Blanton" <bblanton@REMOVEmagicnet.net> wrote in message
    >>> They got some pretty little women there...
    >>> and I'm a gonna'.. get me one...
    >>>
    >>> "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
    >>>
    >> I don't believe it! I play Fats while I'm browsing
    >
    > I don't think it was Fats that sung it.

    I've got one version with Fats doing it, and one with
    Bill Haley and the Comets, though I'm not sure if there isn't
    someone older than both who origianlly did it.
  32. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    "Bill in Co." <someone@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > Dave D wrote:
    > > "Bill Blanton" <bblanton@REMOVEmagicnet.net> wrote in message
    > >> They got some pretty little women there...
    > >> and I'm a gonna'.. get me one...
    > >>
    > >> "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
    > >>
    > > I don't believe it! I play Fats while I'm browsing
    >
    > I don't think it was Fats that sung it.

    Do your homework...
  33. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    Dave D wrote:
    > "Bill in Co." <someone@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >> Dave D wrote:
    >>> "Bill Blanton" <bblanton@REMOVEmagicnet.net> wrote in message

    >>> I don't believe it! I play Fats while I'm browsing
    >>
    >> I don't think it was Fats that sung it.
    >>

    > Do your homework...

    Wilbur Harrisom
  34. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    Dave D wrote:
    > "Bill in Co." <someone@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >> Dave D wrote:
    >>> "Bill Blanton" <bblanton@REMOVEmagicnet.net> wrote in message

    >>> I don't believe it! I play Fats while I'm browsing
    >>
    >> I don't think it was Fats that sung it.
    >>

    > Do your homework...

    Sorry bud, but you're wrong. I was around when it came out in the 50's,
    and it wasn't Fats who originally did it.
  35. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    > I will see you all on about the 20 or 21 of March. Take care and thanks
    for
    > all the support. I am so gone -- LOL!!

    Please check back for IMMEDIATE response as to your
    departure Daniel, you will feel the sentiment instantly,
    but their suits and ties will try to disguise it as 'up-market' humour.
    must admit though, i am curious as to the reaction and length of
    thread if mister terhune had of made the same post and statement
    of 'popping-off' for a while 'fellas', see yas all in a week or so.

    nah, sorry dan, they are too scared of re-percusions,,,, you are
    the only one they will laugh at and at your expense because they
    know that each one will support the other in this.
    they wouldnt do it if terhune left, or even JM, again, the fear of
    status and repurcusions on the return of said party.

    damn but i love australia, the one place where hypocrisy is still
    being sought after by 'merica' but it hasnt quite caught on yet, ....
    there are still a few of us hanging on to morals and ethics toward
    brother and sister rather than loyalties to companies.

    feel sorry for you dan, but feel more sorry for those who believe
    they tower over you.

    jane
  36. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    There once WAS a Terhune "'popping-off' for a while 'fellas', see yas
    all in a week or so" post. I don't THINK it was as long as this, &...
    well, he... kept... talking/posting, anyhow, EVEN WHEN GONE, as I recall
    it! THAT was spooky!

    --
    "jane" <jane@internet.com> wrote in message

    | "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    | > I will see you all on about the 20 or 21 of March. Take care and
    thanks
    | for
    | > all the support. I am so gone -- LOL!!
    | >

    | Please check back for IMMEDIATE response as to your
    | departure Daniel, you will feel the sentiment instantly,
    | but their suits and ties will try to disguise it as 'up-market'
    humour.
    | must admit though, i am curious as to the reaction and length of
    | thread if mister terhune had of made the same post and statement
    | of 'popping-off' for a while 'fellas', see yas all in a week or so.
    |
    | nah, sorry dan, they are too scared of re-percusions,,,, you are
    | the only one they will laugh at and at your expense because they
    | know that each one will support the other in this.
    | they wouldnt do it if terhune left, or even JM, again, the fear of
    | status and repurcusions on the return of said party.
    |
    | damn but i love australia, the one place where hypocrisy is still
    | being sought after by 'merica' but it hasnt quite caught on yet, ....
    | there are still a few of us hanging on to morals and ethics toward
    | brother and sister rather than loyalties to companies.
    |
    | feel sorry for you dan, but feel more sorry for those who believe
    | they tower over you.
    |
    | jane

  37. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    "The rest is silence, hopefully"
    - Hamlet, Act 5 scene 2 -

    PCR wrote:
    > There once WAS a Terhune "'popping-off' for a while 'fellas', see yas
    > all in a week or so" post. I don't THINK it was as long as this, &...
    > well, he... kept... talking/posting, anyhow, EVEN WHEN GONE, as I
    > recall it! THAT was spooky!
    >

    >> "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    >>> I will see you all on about the 20 or 21 of March. Take care and
    >>> thanks for all the support. I am so gone -- LOL!!
    >>>

    >> Please check back for IMMEDIATE response as to your
    >> departure Daniel, you will feel the sentiment instantly,
    >> but their suits and ties will try to disguise it as 'up-market'
    >> humour. must admit though, i am curious as to the reaction and
    >> length of thread if mister terhune had of made the same post and
    >> statement
    >> of 'popping-off' for a while 'fellas', see yas all in a week or so.
    >>
    >> nah, sorry dan, they are too scared of re-percusions,,,, you
    >> are the only one they will laugh at and at your expense because they
    >> know that each one will support the other in this.
    >> they wouldnt do it if terhune left, or even JM, again, the fear of
    >> status and repurcusions on the return of said party.
    >>
    >> damn but i love australia, the one place where hypocrisy is still
    >> being sought after by 'merica' but it hasnt quite caught on yet, ....
    >> there are still a few of us hanging on to morals and ethics toward
    >> brother and sister rather than loyalties to companies.
    >>
    >> feel sorry for you dan, but feel more sorry for those who believe
    >> they tower over you.
    >>
    >> jane
  38. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    > I long ago assumed that if it can be done on the web, it's being done.

    got that right, just so long as you know what is right, then its
    being done.
  39. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    You might take a plane?
    You might take a train?

    --
    Thanks or Good Luck,
    There may be humor in this post, and,
    Naturally, you will not sue,
    should things get worse after this,
    PCR
    pcrrcp@netzero.net
    "Bill Blanton" <bblanton@REMOVEmagicnet.net> wrote in message
    | They got some pretty little women there...
    | and I'm a gonna'.. get me one...

    | > Kansas City! Here he comes!
    |
    | > "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    | > | I will see you all on about the 20 or 21 of March. Take care and
    | > thanks for
    | > | all the support. I am so gone -- LOL!!
    | > |
    | > |

  40. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    Huh? I mean, uhuh. Uhuh! (I understand Hamlet, all right!)

    --
    "Roger Fink" <fink@*****.net> wrote in message
    | "The rest is silence, hopefully"
    | - Hamlet, Act 5 scene 2 -
    |

    | PCR wrote:
    | > There once WAS a Terhune "'popping-off' for a while 'fellas', see
    yas
    | > all in a week or so" post. I don't THINK it was as long as this,
    &...
    | > well, he... kept... talking/posting, anyhow, EVEN WHEN GONE, as I
    | > recall it! THAT was spooky!
    | >

    | >> "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    | >>>

    | >> Please check back for IMMEDIATE response as to your
    | >> departure Daniel, you will feel the sentiment instantly,
    | >> but their suits and ties will try to disguise it as 'up-market'
    | >> humour. must admit though, i am curious as to the reaction and
    | >> length of thread if mister terhune had of made the same post and
    | >> statement
    | >> of 'popping-off' for a while 'fellas', see yas all in a week or so.
    | >>
    | >> nah, sorry dan, they are too scared of re-percusions,,,, you
    | >> are the only one they will laugh at and at your expense because
    they
    | >> know that each one will support the other in this.
    | >> they wouldnt do it if terhune left, or even JM, again, the fear of
    | >> status and repurcusions on the return of said party.
    | >>
    | >> damn but i love australia, the one place where hypocrisy is still
    | >> being sought after by 'merica' but it hasnt quite caught on yet,
    | >> there are still a few of us hanging on to morals and ethics toward
    | >> brother and sister rather than loyalties to companies.
    | >>
    | >> feel sorry for you dan, but feel more sorry for those who believe
    | >> they tower over you.
    | >>
    | >> jane

  41. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    The original version was by Wilbur Harrison, done in 1959.

    >I've got one version with Fats doing it, and one with
    >Bill Haley and the Comets, though I'm not sure if there isn't
    >someone older than both who origianlly did it.

  42. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    That sounds right. Maybe what's his name can do some research next time.

    Jay Paine wrote:
    > The original version was by Wilbur Harrison, done in 1959.
    >
    >> I've got one version with Fats doing it, and one with
    >> Bill Haley and the Comets, though I'm not sure if there isn't
    >> someone older than both who origianlly did it.
  43. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    I will not eat them on a train, I will not eat them on a plane,
    I will not eat green eggs and ham, I do not like them, Sam-I-Am.

    (With apologies to Theodor Seuss Geisel)

    > You might take a plane?
    > You might take a train?
  44. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    > "Bill in Co." <someone@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > > Dave D wrote:
    > >> "Bill Blanton" <bblanton@REMOVEmagicnet.net> wrote in message

    > >> I don't believe it! I play Fats while I'm browsing
    > >
    > > I don't think it was Fats that sung it.
    >
    > I've got one version with Fats doing it, and one with
    > Bill Haley and the Comets, though I'm not sure if there isn't
    > someone older than both who origianlly did it.

    First recorded in 1952 by Little Willie Littlefield.

    Covered by Little Richard in 1952 in UK. Got to #26.
  45. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    > You might take a plane?
    > You might take a train?

    only hope to god I don't have to sit next to Jane 8-)
    --
    * * Pebble in Boulder * *
  46. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    DON'T sit next to Harper, either, unless you like green eggs and ham! He
    appears to hungry-- choosy, but hungry!

    --
    "Pebble" <Pebble@boulder.rock.com> wrote in message

    > You might take a plane?
    > You might take a train?

    only hope to god I don't have to sit next to Jane 8-)
    --
    * * Pebble in Boulder * *
  47. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    Naw, I just had a big bowl of Beefaroni. I'm good ... for now.

    ;-)

    > DON'T sit next to Harper, either, unless you like green eggs and ham! He
    > appears to hungry-- choosy, but hungry!
    >
    > --
    > Thanks or Good Luck,
    > There may be humor in this post, and,
    > Naturally, you will not sue,
    > should things get worse after this,
    > PCR
    > pcrrcp@netzero.net
    > "Pebble" <Pebble@boulder.rock.com> wrote in message
    >

    >> You might take a plane?
    >> You might take a train?
    >
    > only hope to god I don't have to sit next to Jane 8-)
    > --
    > * * Pebble in Boulder * *

  48. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    Very good, then. OK, then. OK, bye.

    --
    (On second thought, it may be even WORSE,
    now, to sit next to him, Pebble!),
    | Naw, I just had a big bowl of Beefaroni. I'm good ... for now.
    |
    | ;-)
    |
    | --
    | Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] rgharper@gmail.com
    | * In fond memory ... Alex, you shall be sorely missed
    | * http://www.aumha.org/alex.htm

    | > DON'T sit next to Harper, either, unless you like green eggs and
    ham! He
    | > appears to hungry-- choosy, but hungry!
    | >
    | > --
    | > Thanks or Good Luck,
    | > There may be humor in this post, and,
    | > Naturally, you will not sue,
    | > should things get worse after this,
    | > PCR
    | > pcrrcp@netzero.net
    | > "Pebble" <Pebble@boulder.rock.com> wrote in message
    | >

    | >> You might take a plane?
    | >> You might take a train?
    | >
    | > only hope to god I don't have to sit next to Jane 8-)
    | > --
    | > * * Pebble in Boulder * *

  49. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    I've no idea what 'beeferoni' is - a strange american delicacy perhaps? Surely not THIS ?http://www.8beaks.com/TOYS/small%20toys/beeferoni.htm

    --
    * * Pebble in Boulder * *

    "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message news:Oxh7rBeKFHA.2748@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    > Very good, then. OK, then. OK, bye.
    >
    > --
    > (On second thought, it may be even WORSE,
    > now, to sit next to him, Pebble!),
    > Thanks or Good Luck,
    > There may be humor in this post, and,
    > Naturally, you will not sue,
    > should things get worse after this,
    > PCR
    > pcrrcp@netzero.net
    > "Richard G. Harper" <rgharper@email.com> wrote in message
    > | Naw, I just had a big bowl of Beefaroni. I'm good ... for now.
    > |
    > | ;-)
    > |
    > | --
    > | Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] rgharper@gmail.com
    > | * In fond memory ... Alex, you shall be sorely missed
    > | * http://www.aumha.org/alex.htm
    > |

    > | "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
    > | > DON'T sit next to Harper, either, unless you like green eggs and
    > ham! He
    > | > appears to hungry-- choosy, but hungry!
    > | >
    > | > --
    > | > Thanks or Good Luck,
    > | > There may be humor in this post, and,
    > | > Naturally, you will not sue,
    > | > should things get worse after this,
    > | > PCR
    > | > pcrrcp@netzero.net
    > | > "Pebble" <Pebble@boulder.rock.com> wrote in message

    > | > only hope to god I don't have to sit next to Jane 8-)
    > | > --
    > | > * * Pebble in Boulder * *

Support Microsoft Windows