open window limit

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
March 14, 2005 9:21:03 PM

While I am on the Internet I receive a message that I have reached my open
window limit and that I need to close some active windows to proceed. The
problem is that there are no windows open but the Internet Explorer. It
appears maybe my memory is messed up. Can anyone help with what I can do or
where I can go to help with this problem?

Thanks.

More about : open window limit

Anonymous
March 15, 2005 2:14:54 AM

Are you using AOL as your Internet provider?

What does the "open window limit" error message mean and how do I fix it?:
http://help.channels.aol.com/SearchData/kjump.adp?catId...
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
~ In memory of our friend, MVP Alex Nichol ~

"open window limits" <open window limits@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> While I am on the Internet I receive a message that I have reached my open
> window limit and that I need to close some active windows to proceed. The
> problem is that there are no windows open but the Internet Explorer. It
> appears maybe my memory is messed up. Can anyone help with what I can do or
> where I can go to help with this problem?
>
> Thanks.
Anonymous
March 15, 2005 5:16:19 PM

No real idea but an IE group is where you should go. Pick one for your
version of IE, e.g. for IE6:

IE6 newsgroups.

If you can supply an exact message, it would help.

I assume you have tried a reboot?

....Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

In microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion, open window limits <open

!