How to get backup utility without XP CD from Compaq?

Bought external hard drive to backup system. MSFT says insert XP CD and get
file from \VALUEADD\MSFT\NTBACKUP for backup wizard and program. This is a
Presario 5400 series and a XP CD was not sent with machine. Is that folder
buried in XP files within machine? If not, how do I install the backup
program?
2 answers Last reply
More about backup utility compaq

    Installing the Backup Program on the Home Version
    http://www.onecomputerguy.com/windowsxp_tips.htm#backup_home

    HOW TO: Use Backup to Back Up Files and Folders on Your Computer in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308422&Product=winxp

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "turfboy" wrote:

    | Bought external hard drive to backup system. MSFT says insert XP CD and get
    | file from \VALUEADD\MSFT\NTBACKUP for backup wizard and program. This is a
    | Presario 5400 series and a XP CD was not sent with machine. Is that folder
    | buried in XP files within machine? If not, how do I install the backup
    | program?

    Thanks! Appreciate the help!

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > Installing the Backup Program on the Home Version
    > http://www.onecomputerguy.com/windowsxp_tips.htm#backup_home
    >
    > HOW TO: Use Backup to Back Up Files and Folders on Your Computer in Windows XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308422&Product=winxp
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    >
    > Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    > "turfboy" wrote:
    >
    > | Bought external hard drive to backup system. MSFT says insert XP CD and get
    > | file from \VALUEADD\MSFT\NTBACKUP for backup wizard and program. This is a
    > | Presario 5400 series and a XP CD was not sent with machine. Is that folder
    > | buried in XP files within machine? If not, how do I install the backup
    > | program?

Backup CD-Rom Windows XP