"ERROR EXCEPTION 0000:00000813"

hola:

I received this error randomly "ERROR EXCEPTION 0000:00000813"

Need to know what kind of error is, in order to replace the part.

Is memory error or video card error or what?

If you quoted the error message exactly, this error is not coming from
Windows. It is probably originating with the microprocessor, but
another program is reporting the error.

I suggest that you use Google (or similar) to search for "error:
exception". You will find various applications that might use this
expression, such as Fox Pro, and you will find various applications
that use variations on this expression, such as Norton Antivirus.
Maybe you will find an application that you are using.

Bill Starbuck (MVP)

"ivanvalles" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I received this error randomly "ERROR EXCEPTION 0000:00000813"
>
> Need to know what kind of error is, in order to replace the part.
>
> Is memory error or video card error or what?

Because this error occurs randomly and we
do not know what hardware you have we
cannot guess what it means.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

thanks for your answers,

the machine , DELL XPS 700
P700,
288 RAM ,
ATI Graphics ProTurbo 64,
Crative SB PCI 128
3COM 3C905B-TX

Software: this software run simultanously Autocad LT2002, media player 9,
Mozilla Firefox, have all SP and security patches and of course Win98.

thanks for any help
ivan
"Bill Starbuck" <no_email@please.com> wrote in message
> If you quoted the error message exactly, this error is not coming from
> Windows. It is probably originating with the microprocessor, but
> another program is reporting the error.
>
> I suggest that you use Google (or similar) to search for "error:
> exception". You will find various applications that might use this
> expression, such as Fox Pro, and you will find various applications
> that use variations on this expression, such as Norton Antivirus.
> Maybe you will find an application that you are using.
>

> Bill Starbuck (MVP)

If the errors truly occur at random, they are caused by defective
hardware. Software behaves consistently if the hardware is reliable,
but hardware can fail at random.

Bill Starbuck (MVP)

Begin by ruling out a memory problem:

Memory testers